The online racing simulator
Pit stop tyre pressure
(13 posts, started )
Pit stop tyre pressure
Hello LFS addicts

Here is my thought. As I was driving in a league, we had to pit to change tyres from R3 to R2. I wanted to get more tyre pressure with R2 to make them last a bit longer. The thing is, tyres are being replaced, and then only, tyre pressures are changed. I think the normal way would be to have pressures already adjusted when new tyres are mounted And as a time consumer, this little modification takes about 4 or 5 seconds more after tyre changing.

Was it worth mentionning ? Up to you

Regards.
You would have to drive endurance races so they can actually last longer...
But OK, +1 from me.
Additional time? Why? They're replacing the entire wheel, it'd already be at the correct pressure just like it would be when replacing it with identical compound
morpha, it is what he meant. i can tell you because i know anglisch quite good from myself
Quote from pasibrzuch :morpha, it is what he meant. i can tell you because i know anglisch quite good from myself

No, he actually said that it could add 3-4 seconds on pit time.
Matija is right
Quote from Mullog :As I was driving in a league, we had to pit to change tyres from R3 to R2.

What league would that be? Curiosity, all it is.
Quote from Mullog :Matija is right

WoW... You actually know that's my name and not something without any sence..
Quote from matijapkc :WoW... You actually know that's my name and not something without any sence..

/quick OT

i'm wondering if you've ever studied engineering in trieste, italy

/end OT
Quote from colonio :/quick OT

i'm wondering if you've ever studied engineering in trieste, italy

/end OT

No I haven't.
good suggestion, should be easy to fix?

Although i do realize there are so many other small things in lfs which needs fixing, but this one is relativly important and not too hard to implement??
Would also be good if you could choose to change only 1, 2 or 4 tyres during pitstop (eg: 2 rears or 2 right side). Quite often I really only need to change 2 tyres in a pitstop because the others are still good (mostly because of my driving style, but I drive the same I.R.L.).

Note: would also be a big plus on the oval track

Pit stop tyre pressure
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG