The online racing simulator
#1 - Aahz
Wheel positioned at two(!) places in game?
I am re-posting a problem from the wheels forum, as I believe that there might a glitch with LFS with a MS precision wheel.

The thread itself can be found here.

A short summary:

1)A properly installed and calibrated Microsoft Precision Racing Wheel refuses to work properly in LFS, yet works flawlessly in various other games, such as GTL, NFS HP2, NFS MW and UG2.

2) After messing with all the possible options in the LFS "controls" menu, I still haven't been able to get it to senses. The typical behaviour is just sporadic turning and severe de-centralization. Refer to the link above for a screenshot.

3)The wheel appears perfectly centered in the windows calibration utility. Even the in-game axis bars seem to work fine!! However, the wheel itself acts sporradic and de-centered. Please refer to the link above.

At this point, after several un-official driver reinstalls, fresh LFS installs and a few hours of messing with the controls, I am out of ideas and I'm afraid I have to conclude that this is an LFS specific problems, as all other games work perfectly...
Strange, LFS only uses DirectX input queries, no wheel specific settings/adjustments. Maybe the drivers are doing something dodgy? What type of wheel is it, USB or gameport?

#3 - Aahz
AndroidXP: Yeah, it's strange, to say the least illepall I am using a USB wheel.

I have currently un-installed all those custom drivers, so I'm just running off the standart WinXP drivers. But, by and by, that doesn't really matter, because the behaviour was the same with all three versions of the drivers (I tried XP standart, which it what the wheel should run off), the 4.0 for the FF feedback version, and the 4.0 for the non-feedback wheel.

As I said, I'm pretty sure it's some sort of a LFS <-> wheel problem, as other games don't do this. Ehh, quite a frustrating move from my gamepad it was

I've attached another screenshot.
Within LFS turn calibration lock off.
Recalibrate LFS.
Close LFS.
Reopen, whilst its "starting up" move the wheel from lock to lock (i.e. Left->Right->Left->Centre). Press all the pedals fully.

Does this help?
Quote from AndroidXP :Strange, LFS only uses DirectX input queries, no wheel specific settings/adjustments. Maybe the drivers are doing something dodgy? What type of wheel is it, USB or gameport?

This being said, possibly a reinstall of DirectX would help .
Did you try to un- and replug it? Hitting Shift+C in LFS?

I once had the same problem (controller bars showing correctly, ingame wheel off center) and a simple unplug and replug solved it.
that pic you posted shows 3 X axis, something is clearly wrong there, you should have X Y and Z or RZ dunno about that particular model, i own a gameport ms ff and i use no drivers also just the autodetect stuff from xp, as it is a USB wheel maybe you should try other ports.three X axis cant be a good sign so its not going to work that way, also combined pedals arent the best choice.
#8 - Aahz
Good news!

It seems that the problem has eliminated itself. All I had to do was to turn the wheel around several times (around 2 minutes) and it just seems to somehow recalibrate itself. It's strange, but it works.

Thanks everyone!
I'm not surprised. This is usually the case, doubly so if the calibration lock is on; was this true in your case?

Glad to hear its sorted though, and that it wasnt LFS' fault

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG