The online racing simulator
IFCL Round 1- Post race discussion
Discuss!
Terrible quality of racing, #82 should be banned for purpose wrecking. Im going to make some personal protests here which ruined my race.
Quote from Fastwalker :sorry to the guy who i hit when i went for the fking Quit button

guess that was you

:/
worst race ever
Some people just have no respect, carnt wait for protest Thread to open Woo haa
Quote from Fastwalker ::/

It was me and because of this shit I lost 2-3 positions, THANK YOU VERY MUCH you idiot!

Sorry to Jonas and Mr.46 for the collisions in the last laps, i didnt want to loose even more positions.
#6 - Hahmo
GG manne =)
#7 - hp999
As usual for FE1 races,I always get crashed in the first two laps... Owell,atleast I had some fun. :>
Really nice driving Fastwalker, next time less drugs okay?

I know m8 sorry.

I just got squeezed into the wall and in a rage moment i wanted to go for the quit-button. Since im steering with mouse, this resulted in crashing into u.

Its still very much my fault and no excuse will fix this. Sorry again
I'm not your mate, ok?

The admins will decide about that, and i hope it will be a penalty because this is unacceptable.:gnasher:
Hey, lets stop the forum abuse shall we... (keep it to pm's)
Quote from EliteAti :Terrible quality of racing, #82 should be banned for purpose wrecking. Im going to make some personal protests here which ruined my race.

I think you mean me, #12.
Sorry again.
My race went well, but im sorry for #6, #56, #10 #161, and #8 for a bit of aggressive driving. This was my 2nd race in a league, so I'm still learning a bit. Next time more careful.
Quote from Timo1992 :It was me and because of this shit I lost 2-3 positions, THANK YOU VERY MUCH you idiot!

Sorry to Jonas and Mr.46 for the collisions in the last laps, i didnt want to loose even more positions.

Soz Timo for the last lap divebomb, wanted to gain a place after Mathei ruined my rop 5 position.
About the race, I was blown away by some people behaviour. If I had to give scores:

Organization: 3/5
Broadcast: 4/5
Clean racing: 2/5
Racers behaviour: 1/5
Fun: 3/5
Overall: 3/5

Organization:

There were problems configuring the grids and that took some time. Also admins couldn't handle angry people very well. In my opinion there shouldn't be any insulting/flaming allowed. It was the first race though, so it's kind of understandable.

Broadcast:

The broadcast was nice (I watched it yesterday after the race). Anyway, commentators should try to be more objective and not focus only on the supposedly fastest drivers. Any guy racing in top10-top5 should get equal treatment. Also, I already said that commentators shouldn't state that someone made a mistake if they see him off the track, because many times it's not his fault. Multibc quality was good

Clean racing:

Tons of bumping from behind. I was taken out in the last corner twice in the feature race because of bumping. I also saw a lot of bumping involving other drivers while watching the broadcast, and felt bad because the comentators didn't say anything about it.

Racers behaviour:

This was the worst of all, and makes me wonder ir it's worth continuing in this league. During the grid problems a lot of people were insulting each other, saying things like "this race is retarded", "omfg start now or I will leave"... In general, behaviour by some drivers was despictable. I don't like to take part in leagues were I have the impression that I'm racing with 10 year old brats with a big mouth. If there are problems, you just respect the work of the admins and then make a statement about it later in the forums. Bitching was awful.

Fun:

In the end I had fun because it had been some time since my last official event, and also because in the feature race I had a very long clean fight with #10 which I really enjoyed. Anyway, if it wasn't for that guy...

Overall:

I'm not quite sure. I had a nice time but I felt that most of the drivers were way too agressive, and some people's behaviour was off-putting. If it wasn't for the last fight with #10 I'd say that it was a bad experience. I'm my opiniong, although there were some problems with the organization, the main issue were the drivers themselves.

Sorry if someone is offended by my words, I'm just trying to make a personal report regarding my experience in this, my first IFCL race.

Greetings.
Quote from MaKaKaZo :
Racers behaviour:
This was the worst of all, and makes me wonder ir it's worth continuing in this league. During the grid problems a lot of people were insulting each other, saying things like "this race is retarded", "omfg start now or I will leave"... In general, behaviour by some drivers was despictable. I don't like to take part in leagues were I have the impression that I'm racing with 10 year old brats with a big mouth. If there are problems, you just respect the work of the admins and then make a statement about it later in the forums. Bitching was awful.

I'd be one of them then, but i've never seen in my life such a poor starting procedure, messing with the grid for a long time, starting up with wrong grids, starting to feature race from the qualifying grid, no wonder people gets pissed off. (I didnt insult any racers, though i have screencaps of people who did.)

I do respect the work of the admins, but only when they do it in correct manner. I heard alot of good stuff about this league last season and this turned out to be a dissapointment. You may have alot of time to wait for the competition to begin, but what about people who have something else todo after race and its already arranged? I dont like your ranking ordering either, makes league look cheap in one's eyes, and it makes you look arrogant. Although i feel same(ish) with you overall.
Quote from Mr.46 :Soz Timo for the last lap divebomb, wanted to gain a place after Mathei ruined my rop 5 position.

are u kidding me?

u squeezed me into the wall...
i had nowhere to go
Quote from Fastwalker :I know m8 sorry.

I just got squeezed into the wall and in a rage moment i wanted to go for the quit-button. Since im steering with mouse, this resulted in crashing into u.

Its still very much my fault and no excuse will fix this. Sorry again

Really? Doesnt seem so when i look at the picture. Looks like deliberate crash to me atm. That is if you use full wheel combination, if you use mouse + pedals (weird ;o) im proven wrong.
Attached images
Deliberate...jpg
Yes all of the mouse and gamepad users secretly have G25s and lie about it just to be funny.
I think that's because Simon uses Mouse+G25 pedals, so LFS flags him as having a wheel
No, basically you can use mouse with "wheel" settings. And he said that "Mouse pwnz, with G25 pedals of course". So you are basically wrong.
Quote from EliteAti :Really? Doesnt seem so when i look at the picture. Looks like deliberate crash to me atm.

I got controller set to wheel, but steering set to Mouse X-axis
otherwise I cant use pedals.

EDIT: oops
Well, if I had to give some marks to the people involved:

Organization: 2/5
Broadcast: 3,5/5
Fun: 2/5
Overall: 2/5

Quote from MaKaKaZo :
Organisation:

There were problems configuring the grids and that took some time. Also admins couldn't handle angry people very well. In my opinion there shouldn't be any insulting/flaming allowed. It was the first race though, so it's kind of understandable.

^ That is right. I would also like to add, if you're using an insim sorting up the grid, make sure it is actually working... Seriously, sorting up the grid manually isn't that hard, so I think the usage of an in-sim would be worth if, let's say, you're 95% sure it's gonna work without problems.

Also: If you gives a threat to the people involved(ie, "Next person to speak will be put at the back of the grid"), don't let it down. This isn't aimed at Ramon, but cmon, this doesn't give a good image of the admins. They shouldn't be worried about penalising people, whatever happens. I know how it feels anyway, I've been adminning several events in the past.

Quote :Broadcast:

The broadcast was nice (I watched it yesterday after the race). Anyway, commentators should try to be more objective and not focus only on the supposedly fastest drivers. Any guy racing in top10-top5 should get equal treatment.

The stream was enjoyable overall, but I would say that, I do not agree with you. People in front should get more airtime than the others, just because the battle for the lead is more important than the battle for 5th, 10th or 25th.

Also, people like Peace or Holmes should also get airtime if they're in the field as they're likely to climb up as they're faster than their opponents, so it's always interresting to follow their race. It's the same in every real life broadcast: if someone aiming for the championship is struggling to get in the top of the field, he will catch attention in the end.

Quote :Clean racing:

Tons of bumping from behind. I was taken out in the last corner twice in the feature race because of bumping. I also saw a lot of bumping involving other drivers while watching the broadcast, and felt bad because the comentators didn't say anything about it.

Totall agree on the first part. This car is very buggy, probably one of the most buggy car in LFS, and every door-to-door contact, even slight ones send the both drivers sideways because of the messed up collision detection system.

I would also like to remin everyone that because of this, bumpdrafting isn't possible with that car, so don't even try, or it'll end up wrong.

Also, I was quite amazed by the quantity of silly driving I saw at the starts. I got punted off from behind in both races in the first lap, because of some lunatic people driving like if they were hotlapping. This should really stop IMHO, and I sincerly hope the admins will have a close look on that i the future.

About the stream: don't forget that the commentators aren't commentating from what's going on on the stream. They're just hanging on the server and speaking about the action they see in the spectator mode. This is why they may be missing some action going on the stream, or on contrary, speaking of something that isn't shown on the stream.

Quote :Racers behaviour:

^ Totally right. Just be harsh with this kind of people I'd say, they're ruining all the fun. Don't be affraid of giving them some penalties, even if they're fast, neither the drivers or the viewers won't loose so much if they bugger up because of that, there are still plenty of drivers on reserve, waiting for free slots.

Also, I would like to say that, for some reason, the average age in this league is quite low, so don't expect so much brilliant behaviours. This isn't aimed at all the youngest drivers anyway, some of them are behaving fairly well.

Quote :Fun:

In the end I had fun because it had been some time since my last official event, and also because in the feature race I had a very long clean fight with #10 which I really enjoyed. Anyway, if it wasn't for that guy...

Well I can't really say, got punted off in the first laps in both races, so this kinda ruined my event.

Quote :Overall:

I'm not quite sure. I had a nice time but I felt that most of the drivers were way too agressive, and some people's behaviour was off-putting. If it wasn't for the last fight with #10 I'd say that it was a bad experience. I'm my opiniong, although there were some problems with the organization, the main issue were the drivers themselves.

Sorry if someone is offended by my words, I'm just trying to make a personal report regarding my experience in this, my first IFCL race.

I'm disappointed. The racing was disgusting, a lot worse than last season(and it wasn't brilliant last season either TBH). The organisators struggled a lot to maintain some kind of order in the server, although they were at least 2 to handle with the whole thing. At least the stream was really nice, but unfortunately it featured more drama than anything else.

Anyway, don't give up people. This was only the first event. I've seen leagues having a much worse start than this turning into something decent. So, I'd advice the other competitors to raise as much reports as they can on the idiotic behaviours they might have witnessed, and the organisators to work a lot on the procedures to get the issues sorted for next round.

Hope to see you next round And thanks to MaKaKaZo for such a nice report, without him I wouldn't have had the motivation for writing such a huge wall of text
It was very fun i must say
Organisation needs to be improved a little but doesnt help when people are scream when things are trying to be sorted :/
Stream was great, Thanks to all the people who helped with that
Racers Behaviour, i would say i had great battles with around 6 drivers, 5 of them were so much fun, 1 of them (im sure you all no which one im talking about) was just stupid, but anyway.
Overall was good, just little things that need to be improoved
Organization: 2/5
Broadcast: 3,5/5
Fun: 2/5
Overall: 2/5

Ill have to aggree with you on this Yann, apart from the organisation, i would put, 0.9/5

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG