The online racing simulator
Windows XP toolbar - Not showing when minimising Driver Theory Test application
Hi all! I know this seems like an odd question but bear with me. I'm currently using a PC called the EEE Box. Unfortunately, it doesn't come with a DVD/CD-ROM drive so I bought an external enclosure to connect an IDE drive through USB. Its working great but the problem is, I need to keep my HDD connected to it. I have a DVD-ROM that I've used to install and run the Driver Theory Test CD but the problem is, I haven't been able to find a no-cd patch for it. Now, before anyone starts flaming, I'm NOT looking for a no-cd patch.

I found that after I access the questions section of the program, it no longer checks the drive so this is my plan. I don't want to keep connecting/disconnecting the IDE and power cables whenever I want to switch between the DVD-ROM and HDD because I don't want to weaken the contacts of the cables and then I can't use the HDD or the DVD-ROM.

I never shut down this PC so I was going to leave the DTT program running in the background and then just maximise it when I want to use it. The problem is, through Task Manager, I am able to minimise it but for some reason, the windows taskbar (or if it isn't called that, the big blue bar at the bottom of the screen) has disappeared so its a little frustrating so would anyone know how I can get it to show? Thanks!
#2 - arco
To avoid swapping between the HDD and DVD, make an iso image of the CD and use something like Daemon Tools Lite to mount it. For the taskbar, maybe it's just minimized at the bottom? Try to hover the mouse around that area and see if it changes to a resize pointer, so you can enlarge it.
I checked the start menu and taskbar settings, auto-hide is off. I've tried making an image before but the disc has some sort of protection (from what I've read, SecuROM v7). I've tried a few programs that are meant to remove the protection but they didn't work.
#4 - Jakg
Quote from arco :To avoid swapping between the HDD and DVD, make an iso image of the CD and use something like Daemon Tools Lite to mount it. For the taskbar, maybe it's just minimized at the bottom? Try to hover the mouse around that area and see if it changes to a resize pointer, so you can enlarge it.

Doesn't work.

Been there, tried it

Sucks if you own a PC with no optical drive (like more and more of them).
#5 - arco
#6 - arco
Quote from Jakg :Doesn't work.

Been there, tried it

Sucks if you own a PC with no optical drive (like more and more of them).

As long as there's no copy protection it should work. But if it has copy protection then it's more complicated yes. Then you most likely would need a no-cd crack.
#7 - Jakg
It detects it's being run from a virtual drive.

Couldnt ever find a No-CD patch, either.
Yeah, I did try looking for a no-cd patch but nowhere to be found. Something tells me that when it comes to piracy, cracking the DTT CD isn't exactly something at the top of the list of hackers

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG