The online racing simulator
Host calculates pit-lane penalty's
The host machine should calculate if the driver as incurred a DT or SG penalty rather than server side, to avoid penalties due to lag when entering the pits
I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. Surely the "host" and the "server" are the same?
I believe he means that those calculations should take place at the local host you're in (in your PC) and not in the game host (the server), in order to avoid lag penalties...
Quote from NunoMike :I believe he means that those calculations should take place at the local host you're in (in your PC) and not in the game host (the server), in order to avoid lag penalties...

yes exactly
#5 - Silox
Client-side instead of server-side in more specifif terms ...

Seems like a good idea but I'm not sure if it's worth the effort.
#6 - CSF
#7 - need
Perhaps, but wouldn't moving it to the client side make it open to people 'hacking' it.
I don't think that's a problem, because an admin that is following the race will notice this.
#9 - Silox
Quote from Ivo Georgiev :I don't think that's a problem, because an admin that is following the race will notice this.

If it can be hacked, people will make benefit of it. There is no admin who can be online 24/24 7/7 on his server and watching the pitlane.
I have never received a penalty, before I have entered the pit lane, and I don't see how this is possible. Doesn't the host get X, Y, Z coordinates in the same time it gets the speed, direction, heading, etc..(much like the same way the insim apps receive it)? And if that's so, then I can't be sure how authentic this screenie is. You can always have a penalty before that and head for the pit lane.

And, yes, making penalties be dealt on client-side would definitely make it vulnerable to hacking.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG