The online racing simulator
Progress report
(31 posts, closed, started )
#1 - FaToS
Progress report
I know ... Don't burn me right away.
Because the latest thread was closed and Scawen says he isn't monitoring his own thread anymore I just want to show how another (lonely) developer is doing monthly updates. He has been spending his last 12 years making a wargame.

You got to scroll a bit down.

http://www.matrixgames.com/for ... 0849&mpage=60&key=

I am not saying Scawen should do this or that he is not doing his job right now but just to show what the possibilities are.

I do hope however this will inspire him
Quote from FaToS :I know ... Don't burn me right away.
Because the latest thread was closed and Scawen says he isn't monitoring his own thread anymore I just want to show how another (lonely) developer is doing monthly updates. He has been spending his last 12 years making a wargame.

You got to scroll a bit down.

http://www.matrixgames.com/for ... 0849&mpage=60&key=

I am not saying Scawen should do this or that he is not doing his job right now but just to show what the possibilities are.

I do hope however this will inspire him

Inspire him to do what? Spend another 5 years making a game? Progress reports clearly don't speed anything up and so I don't really see how they are necessary......

If this were a game in which you pay a monthly fee I guess you should feel more entitled to some kind of update / progress report but seeing as everyone paid a one off amount for a game which let's face it, is better than most 'finished' games and which a lot of us (me included) have spent more time on then most other games, I think we should not expect progress reports or anything else and be very happy with what we got/get.
I think that more progress reports would show us that the devs are actually doing something. Most people seem to think that when it goes quiuet they've either given up or are just being lazy, a monthly progress report would keep us updated on what the devs are up to.
Sorry, but it's unbelievable 4me, that more then 1 devs can't make a car model, and some updates in nearly 2 yrs of work. just spend 4hrs/day on programming and "making" the game.
And now burn sanchez.
Quote from brandons48 :I think that more progress reports would show us that the devs are actually doing something. Most people seem to think that when it goes quiuet they've either given up or are just being lazy, a monthly progress report would keep us updated on what the devs are up to.

Yep, I agree. If you don't have enough stuff to write about for an article, just a paragraph or even few sentances on development would be nice.
Quote from ASR Sanchez :Sorry, but it's unbelievable 4me, that more then 1 devs can't make a car model, and some updates in nearly 2 yrs of work. just spend 4hrs/day on programming and "making" the game.
And now burn sanchez.

I'll get the gasoline and blow torch..
#7 - VoiD
Finally:

Progress Report: Week 07/10

[b]Alpha Testing:[/b]
Nothing new.

[b]Beta Testing:[/b]
Nothing new.

[b]Replay management:[/b]
Nothing new.

[b]Cars and tracks:[/b]
Nothing new.

[b]Scenarios and Optional Rules:[/b]
Nothing new.

[b]Player Interface:[/b]
Nothing new.

[b]Internet - NetPlay:[/b]
Moved masterserver to a new location.

[b]Artificial Intelligence (AI):[/b]
Nothing new.

[b]Player’s Manual:[/b]
Nothing new.

[b]Tutorials, Training Videos, and Context Sensitive Help:[/b]
Nothing new.

[b]Historical Video, Music, and Sound Effects:[/b]
Nothing new.

[b]Marketing.[/b]
Nothing new.

[b]Communications:[/b]
Announced server move.
Was forced again to read´n close several stupid threads made from retards. Lost about half an hour of working/programming time.

Quote from JPeace :TBH i'd stick a pair of tits infront of scawens face to "inspire" him.

That shoud work.

I think Scawen's marriage means a little more to him than that.
#9 - FaToS
Quote from webdigga :Inspire him to do what? Spend another 5 years making a game? Progress reports clearly don't speed anything up and so I don't really see how they are necessary......

If this were a game in which you pay a monthly fee I guess you should feel more entitled to some kind of update / progress report but seeing as everyone paid a one off amount for a game which let's face it, is better than most 'finished' games and which a lot of us (me included) have spent more time on then most other games, I think we should not expect progress reports or anything else and be very happy with what we got/get.

Inspire him to make reports ofcourse. And 5 years aint much if he really wants to finish the sim (although it is fun as it is now and the reasons you tell).
And why should not we expect reports? The wargame I was talking about is not even finished yet. It is smart of that dev because people keep coming back to the forum and show him their support. Most people here only whine. Which isn't very good for the ambiance here and not very contructive for Scawen. I want the patch too but I can wait. Though I would like to know how long I have to wait.

BTW people. Keep it on topic please and no whining. Please behave like adults. Thank you.
I'm sickin' tired of watching the words "progress report" making this face - :static: and after I see the same the main topic ... :banghead:

So please leave the Devs to do their work, and when there is something to report, they will report it to you (It is another thing that, there IS something to report, but there are no reports) .... :bartsimps
#11 - Dac
A monthly report or just a reassurance that development is happening takes 30 minutes tops and would mean a great deal to the community. To the fanboi's who say just keep waiting then I bet if we did have a monthly report you'd read it without hesitation knowing they wouldn't actually have a specified release time
Quote from AudiBG :I'm sickin' tired of watching the words "progress report" making this face - :static: and after I see the same the main topic ... :banghead:

So please leave the Devs to do their work, and when there is something to report, they will report it to you (It is another thing that, there IS something to report, but there are no reports) .... :bartsimps

Have your read the forum of the wargame? That shows that even with in fact no progress he writes a report. I check that site every month for the progress/info even though I know it can still take a year.
I don't say Scawen should write reports to please the whiners.
But with reports there is little whining.

People are in the dark now. Some people don't race because they are waiting for the patch. Because when it arrives it will probably change the game so there is little to gain to train with the current physics.
Quote from FaToS :Have your read the forum of the wargame? That shows that even with in fact no progress he writes a report. I check that site every month for the progress/info even though I know it can still take a year.
I don't say Scawen should write reports to please the whiners.
But with reports there is little whining.

What in ****ing earth is that use to anyone?!

Sorry for swearing but this has gone way too far now.

Whats the point of those progress reports then?! Progress reports mean reporting about the progress being made in the development cycle. For petes sake its in the bloody name! I dont want to see Scawen wasting his time every month writing about nothing of interest...

Also may I add he did give a report - "Its still months away". Not good enough? Well how on earth would a report about nothing at all be better?!

Boggles my mind...

I am seriously starting to believe now that the idea of making new threads about "Pogress" should give you an infraction like someone suggested in another thread...

Edit - Before anyone accuses me of fanboyism or something supid like that, I am also tired of waiting for an update. In my opinion it should have come ages ago. But it hasnt, so tough. Crawl back into your cave and continue waiting.
Quote from DevilDare :What in ****ing earth is that use to anyone?!

Sorry for swearing but this has gone way too far now.

Whats the point of those progress reports then?! Progress reports mean reporting about the progress being made in the development cycle. For petes sake its in the bloody name! I dont want to see Scawen wasting his time every month writing about nothing of interest...

I am seriously starting to believe now that the idea of making new threads about "Pogress" should give you an infraction...

The dev on the other forum wrote in his last report he did not make any progress on the game because he was changing his hardware and software. So there was no progress on the game but I take it as news.

Why should I get a infraction? This is a forum and I want to make a point here. What would be the place then to discuss this kind of things? Or should I keep my mouth shut because you don't want to hear about it?
It clearly shows this is a hot topic lately. And it keeps you busy too because you are answering in this thread.
Quote from FaToS :The dev on the other forum wrote in his last report he did not make any progress on the game because he was changing his hardware and software. So there was no progress on the game but I take it as news.

Why should I get a infraction? This is a forum and I want to make a point here. What would be the place then to discuss this kind of things? Or should I keep my mouth shut because you don't want to hear about it?
It clearly shows this is a hot topic lately. And it keeps you busy too because you are answering in this thread.

Yeah and Scawen went one better - "It is still months away". If that is not "news" to you than good sir, may I suggest that a progress report containing "Nothing new" wont be a lot better.

Yes you should shut up. The devs dont care. They have said it.

But hey, if it keeps you happy, than I guess by all means. Continue whining without any kind of response and change in dev speed. Please do.
There should be something to write about. There are many more languages out there that need to be supported out there.

On a more serious note, I think they will be pointless if there is nothing of interest, but then again, that is what Scawen has been trying to say; there is nothing to write about.
Quote from DevilDare :Yeah and Scawen went one better - "It is still months away".

Yes you should shut up. The devs dont care. They have said it.

But hey, if it keeps you happy, than I guess by all means. Continue whining without any kind of response and change in dev speed. Please do.

I will not shut up. If you don't like this thread don't follow it.
Why am I called a whiner now? I am only showing how certain things are handled in an other forum. I think you need to grow up/cool down.
Quote from Furiously-Fast :There should be something to write about. There are many more languages out there that need to be supported out there.

On a more serious note, I think they will be pointless if there is nothing of interest, but then again, that is what Scawen has been trying to say; there is nothing to write about.

You are missing the point. Read the other forum please and this thread before we start it over again.
BTW If Scawen says there is nothing to write about that means he hasn't done anything. And I don't believe that.
Quote from Dac :A monthly report or just a reassurance that development is happening takes 30 minutes tops and would mean a great deal to the community. To the fanboi's who have enough patience and a life outside LFS and are fine with the delays I bet if we did have a monthly report you'd read it without hesitation knowing they wouldn't actually have a specified release time

Sorry, but rofl... I just had to re-phrase your sentence.. See, in my vision, the so called "fanbois" should be the ones who keep on complaining that there is not anything new... I just can't pass the opportunity to reply to stupid posts like this.

Define "fanboy".. =]
In my opinion the ones shouting and whining and flaming the devs, cause it's taking so long for their beloved game to be updated are more of "fanboys" than the ones who are just fine to wait, cause they actually have what else to do.

And actually, if you don't realize this, making threads like this one is just going to waste developing time. Progress reports also do the same. Just thought I should let you know, as I presume that you prefer a faster release, more than regular progress reports, which will then take even more time of the development time, to moderate the forums, cause of angry and hungry for more information and content people.

Flame me as much as you like, I'm just not getting impressed anymore when someone does that in this forum. It's something regular, no matter what you say. It's even funny to see posts of people and imagine their faces, while they have been reading mine and have been replying with an angry comment afterwards.. This pretty much shows what I imagine: :gnasher:

Guys, if you think LFS is developing slow, check the GTA IV... It has so many bugs, that there is more ppl who gave it back to shops, then those who are still playing. And GTA IV was made by hundreds of ppl working probably 6-10 hours a day. And LFS is made by 3 man, who can't work 24/7 just to give you report or patch. Think about that a bit. Other game have more testers, then LFS programers, so I don't wonder why is it taking so long, and I don't think it will be here soon, but I don't even care (maybe only a bit), because I don't have money even to buy S2, and I can't even think about buying S3 when it gets out. If you don't like the slow progress of LFS development, there's many other NEW games that you can buy/download and play.
Quote from matijapkc :Guys, if you think LFS is developing slow, check the GTA IV... It has so many bugs, that there is more ppl who gave it back to shops, then those who are still playing. And GTA IV was made by hundreds of ppl working probably 6-10 hours a day. And LFS is made by 3 man, who can't work 24/7 just to give you report or patch. Think about that a bit. Other game have more testers, then LFS programers, so I don't wonder why is it taking so long, and I don't think it will be here soon, but I don't even care (maybe only a bit), because I don't have money even to buy S2, and I can't even think about buying S3 when it gets out. If you don't like the slow progress of LFS development, there's many other NEW games that you can buy/download and play.

I am not saying anything about the development speed. I am talking about communications. Like I said in my first post. The dev of the wargame is doing it all by himself.
I thank Scawen for this game/sim because it's one of the best racing sims I have seen so far. That doesn't mean there aren't area's for improvement.
And I think we should be able to discuss that without flaming, cursing and name calling although that can be very difficult for some people.
#22 - e.M
i like gta and only bug i found was with textures
Quote from e.M :i like gta and only bug i found was with textures

That was only one YOU found.
I had ZLIB20 error, textures errors, game crashing without any kind of error.....
Please keep it on topic.
Thank you.
Hello guys,

sry BUT WTF U WANT ??!!
if you dont like the development speed from Live For Speed SWITCH THE GAME !

no one said that u must play it

and i think Victor,Scawen and Eric dont stand up every morning and Developing the game this guys havent made her hobby to her Job ... maybe this guy have a family ? or some friends ? or other hobbys ?

u can be happy with the current standart what lfs acctualy have

and yes its a bit bad if someone anounces some updates and there dont coming BUT thats real life guys...
the devs maybe wont bring a patch ect out with bugs or some other shit on it to there Coumunity.
they want to improf the game as good as they can ... and dont just put out one patch after the next one .. they want to bring us a good and nice game with less bugs and better gameplay ...

i think i have said enought maybe if the mods want they can close this useless thread...

Greez Heiko
This thread is closed

Progress report
(31 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG