The online racing simulator
2010 RSC Round 3: Race Discussion
Discuss !

Wilko said he'd send out PMs before the race again....specifically sometime this morning...

Have fun at the race ! I'll be out during the racing, but should be back shortly enough after the racing ends to get the replays uploaded and stats run, so no one again has to worry about that
Beuh. FZ5 central :sadbanana
I'm PMing now, before my iRacing streak.
Ok, all PM's have been sent to ACTIVE drivers. As there are 28 active drivers, 4+ reserves will DEFINETLY be invited to race, so keep your eyes checked for the amount and details on this thread at 7:45.

Thanks
#5 - Bean0
Quote from Bean0 :Previous races here have been dominated by the RAC.

:sadbanana

That's surprising... The FZ5 WR is 0,5 second faster.

#7 - P1lot
Quote from Wilko868 :Ok, all PM's have been sent to ACTIVE drivers. As there are 28 active drivers, 4+ reserves will DEFINETLY be invited to race, so keep your eyes checked for the amount and details on this thread at 7:45.

Thanks

7:45 ?
surely you mean 18:45 UTC?
Quote from P1lot :7:45 ?
surely you mean 18:45 UTC?

Bugger.

Excuse my typo, please don't bollock me . I'm sure everyone will check up on here prior to the race. Sorry for the kerfuffle.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :That's surprising... The FZ5 WR is 0,5 second faster.

But the tyre wear on the FZ makes it fairly retarded.
#10 - troy
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :That's surprising... The FZ5 WR is 0,5 second faster.

Yep the FZ5 will probably be a little faster in quali, but the race will be very hard on the tyres (I'm running close to 3 bar of tyre pressure ), so I'm expecting to see RAC's in front after the racing is finished.

edit: damn niall, now you made me look slow. ^^
Seems like im not able to make it, or it will be very close for the start of sprint race,

good luck guys ill make sure im there next race again!
Does anyone actually fancy practicing for this race? An hour to go and the server is dead as a dodo. :doh:
Right, after an ABYSMAL show up of active drivers, there are 20 spaces left. Please PM me for the password.
#14 - CSF
Aka Wilko fails.
Qual
Good, took ages for me to get a lap in, and then on my last run I had a good first split, and nervously went on my jolly way to pb - 2nd place. Was happy with that.

Race 1
Good start, kept on the trail of Troy for a few laps. Then Dave came along and I let him through because he was quicker than me. Then he timed out and I finished the race in 2nd, was happy with that too.

Race 2
/slits wrists
Meh, my internet failed :sadbanana
Wasn't expecting much but ended up with 8th in both races.
Horrible track, turn it into a shopping centre I say (with a Tescos for Boothy).

Race 1 was going well until a 3-wide moment in T1, I took to the grass to avoid causing a large crash, and then ended up pootling round on my own for the rest of the race.

Race 2 and it was more of the same lonely driving with Boothy a few seconds behind.
Then with 3 laps to go I dropped a wheel onto the grass braking under the bridge and did a 720 at the chicane. This allowed Boothy past me, but the gap was only about a second and my tyres weren't overheated, so I felt like I could pass before the end of the race.

A couple of hairy moments where we both got sideways, and I very nearly twatted him up the arse at the fast chicane, but I managed to pass into the 2nd last corner on the final lap and stay ahead until the line.
Not much practice for this one. I like the track, just would have needed more testing with the racesetup.

Quali: Had big problems completing a lap in the first 10mins. I think messed up T1 atleast 3 times. Changed the set and the car wouldn't lock up that badly in it anymore. Improved my pb by only 0.01s. Could have been faster without small mistake in the last sector.

Sprint: Quality racing once again with Doughty. We changed places many times during the race, well due to both of us making some small mistakes on brakings and what not. But anyway nice fighting. Ended up my best finish so far in the series 3rd. Well still not happy about my driving though.

Wasn't at all satisfied with the set, car was really understeery in the early laps and the front tires heated up way too much. Some arb changes and slightly more pressure to the front for the longer one and hope for the best.

Feature: Actually could turn in corners and not heating the fronts that badly. Started once again couple of cars behind the front. Felt like i was almost in the same position as last race. After couple of laps the faster guys started gaining and had trouple keeping them behind. Didn't leave enough room for Troy in his passing attemt, so had to let him through in the next straight. We were going two wide after T1 and I took the right hand fast corner too tightly forcing him all the way to the grass, sorry about that. Then after some laps catched up to Doughty once again, he made a small mistake in the last corner and was about to lose control. I didn't leave enough room/lift off enough to be able to avoid him entirely. Just small tap in the front corner and the car changed direction drastically. Kept throttle full on in the grass and didn't lose that much time. Thought it was a racing incident and was hoping Doughty wouldn't let me pass. But he did so anyway, well hard one to judge during the race.

Once again the cat and mouse game for us began. Seemed that when one of us was in the lead the chasing car was doing better. Atleast it felt like that, dunno if it helped with the lines and braking points when chasing. We just couldn't seem to get rid of each other in the sprint and in the feature. Both capitalizing when the other one made a mistake. We catched up to Niall at some point, might have been 5-6 laps before the end. He must have spun or something and propably ruined his tires in doing so. So tried pushing even harder to get a passing opportunity and I did manage to try and pass in T1. Couldn't just make it stick. Dunno if it was on the same lap or some laps after when doughty managed to pass me atleast it was 3 laps before finish. Couldn't keep up anymore and ended up 6th.

In the end of the feature I started to struggle again with the braking for T1 similar to quali where i was locking the front and going wide. So slight set problems still even after the small corrections after sprint. Well pushing harder when chasing Niall and Doughty didn't help that at all .

Looking forward for the next races...
Disaster for me. I timed out 3 times during qualifying, each time during my flying lap. The time I ended up setting was the first flying lap I managed to complete.

I had an OK start for the sprint race, though I was passed by one of the RAC's alongside me. Unfortunately Niall got caught up in some contact with Klouczech and then me as I had no room to go on the inside, nor have I seen the replay for exactly what happened. Anyway after that I was hoping Niall would catch and pass Troy, but Troy was a little too strong, so I had to pass Niall instead. A couple of minutes after passing Niall, my internet died yet again, and that was that. I couldn't get it to work at all for the final race, sorry if I made anyone wait.
Quote from Jouman :snip...

Yeah, Virtanen summed it up there for me really, another very enjoyable round, i'm very glad i didn't pull out of the series after the first round, like i thought i would...

Me and Niall had a coming together right at the end of the final lap of the feature. I had the pace coming out of the final corner to take him before the line, and went for the right, as i was passing him it appeared that he turned into me. We had a little discussion about this on IRC afterwards though, and it seems that we were both heading for eachother, as Niall was under the impression that i turned into him. Anyway, we declared it a racing incident, and shook virtual hands, much to Fuse's dissapointment

Bring on the next round...
#22 - troy
Took a little while for my race report, but I was busy with preparations for the 24h race. Good Round for me, shame we only had so few people attending, and that's where I want to start: For god's sake if you sign up to a league commit to it, or at least have the balls to sign out again if you can't make any of the races, the situation now is really a pain for the remaining drivers. We had 14 (fourteen!) drivers attending for the sprint race but the sign up list looks full and makes potential drivers think twice if they want to get involved in the action. Rant over (for now, don't make me rant again it's bad for my health :schwitz.

Quali, went very well for me, new PB, still not in the 50's but it was enough to be first after it ended.

Sprint race, Dave disconnected (once again, which is shame I'm sure he would've found his pace without his constant disconnections) so I had a clear track and just had to bring it home without mistake.

Feature race, was great fun, pushed hard to get past Mr. Virtanen (he always is a pain to overtake ), had a close call with him when I finally spotted a small gap but everything went well and I could concentrate on getting further to the front. Managed to slip past my team mate and shortly after arrived at Niall's backside, he tried to make me a hard time but the speed on the straight certainly helped, we had a slight coming together after split one, I guess he underestimated the distance it takes to slow my boat down. After that I was pretty much alone and only had Mr. Dolezal's rac with a pretty big gap in first place, tried to keep my tyres cool enough while still going faster then him (which proved to be a tough job, just managed to not melt them), finally arrived at his back 2 laps before the finish and once again my top speed helped me a lot to gain first place and finish this round with a double victory.

With rudy not attending this race and Dave fighting with disconnects the Championship should be wide open again. Can't wait for the next round.
About the protest.

Well can't say i'm totally happy about the decision. Was hoping for some sort of warning from that. But after viewing your NDR sporting code in more detail, noticed no rule was broken. Can only blame myself as i'm usually following the Rules of Clean Racing. In my opinion in that overtake part O-2 & O-3 was clearly not followed. But as i said only can point at your rule book and I think you should add overtaking to your rules more clearly.
Quote from troy :For god's sake if you sign up to a league commit to it, or at least have the balls to sign out again if you can't make any of the races, the situation now is really a pain for the remaining drivers. We had 14 (fourteen!) drivers attending for the sprint race but the sign up list looks full and makes potential drivers think twice if they want to get involved in the action. Rant over (for now, don't make me rant again it's bad for my health :schwitz.

^ Wise words there. If you can't make a round, just signal it in the discussion thread, it doesn't take so much time to do so

Might be something wrong with the reserve system(as often in this kind of leagues) too. If you see 17 free slots in one event, just give the pass to the whole reserve list I'd say, not only the top 5 ones or whatever.

2010 RSC Round 3: Race Discussion
(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG