The online racing simulator
Quote from dadge :opening the case will void any warrenty that scan have given you. you might have to take it up with the manufacturers. this could mean that you send your pc to scan and they send it back with the bill for the courier (both ways).
if it was a friend who put the parts together, get someone else to re-build the system(to be sure to be sure ). human error is a bitch.

Ah dadge now, we don't say "to be sure" round here, surely you'd know that .

I'll try the idea of refitting it but I've already called Scan about it. They sent me an RMA number and said for me to send the MB and CPU and they'll test it out themselves and then see what happens then (if there is a faulty part, they'll send a replacement). I just want to know though, my CPU speed is reading 3415 (not 3400, original core speed) so would this be considered as overclocking. They asked a few questions and I explained to them that I used a few benchmark programs to try and find the problem and then they asked which programs so I told them OCCT for the CPU and was met with reply (thats an overclocking checking tool) so I quickly responded saying that I hadn't overclocked it and only used it to test it (which is honest) but the CPU speed is reading 3415, even though I haven't adjusted the core speed when I loaded up AMD OverDrive so does AMD OverDrive automatically overclock the CPU?
I doubt that it's overclocked, the actual MHz usually varies from the 'advertised' speed.

I had a Pentium 4 a while back that claimed to be 3200MHz, it was actually about 3220, So you should be fine with the AMD. I really doubt it would overclock it's self.
Quote from Leprekaun : Ah dadge now, we don't say "to be sure" round here, surely you'd know that .

i do know that bud. just adding a bit of light humour. the clock speed is fine. mine is 3.1GHZ stock but the CPU is running at 3115Mhz
Is your heat sink properly bolted to your CPU?? even the slightest gap can cause the biggest problems
a bubble in the thermal paste is also bad.
btw, something I was curious to know about, just to make sure that it isn't the GPU. After I took the cover off the case to point the fan at it and then connected the wires up, I accidently put in the monitor cable into the second DVI connection on the GPU. When I turned on the PC, the screen was all blue so is this normal? I put it back into the first slot and it was fine then but I'm just thinking if its meant to be that way because maybe FurMark isn't really telling the whole story about the GPU and the problem is with the GPU.
Which DVI connector you use is up to you, it does not have any effect on the system. Try that second DVI connector again and let the system boot completely, and see if anything looks strange. It shouldn't look any different than when using the first DVI connector.
Mhmmm... Even if you get an HDMI to DVI, DP to DVI, it should not pose you any problems given that you are running the one native DVI display. Yes, I really think it is hte 5800's fault. Drivers?
Hmmm... This is starting to become confusing now

The thing is though, I've run FurMark and it was able to benchmark the GPU fine and the system freezes only occur when I test the CPU with OCCT.

Btw, just to clarify as well, when I see it was all blue, I don't mean the whole screen is all blue, I mean that all the text at the POST screen is in blue and the Windows load up logo is all in blue but I can still see everything. Its like its only displaying one colour.

I've contacted Scan and they arranged for an RMA for the MB and CPU so I'll guess I'll have to organise another RMA to include the GPU. Well, it first happened by mistake. I connected everything up (put the VGA into the 2nd port of the GPU) powered it up, and found everything was in blue. That said, I'm not using DVI-I but I'm just using the DVI-I/VGA converter that came with the GPU since my monitor is DVI-D so would it be because of the converter or it shouldn't matter and it should still display the same?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG