The online racing simulator
Cruise Control for mouse drivers
Is it possible to make a cruise control option with editable speed value for mouse drivers (or any drivers)? Something like pit lane speed limiter but with more options.

I recently started driving on cruise servers and as you know driving with mouse is only accelerating/breaking. It would be nice if you could maintain your speed to keep speed limits that are set on track or for any other reason (fun).
This can only end well.
Quote from Berti10 :Is it possible to make a cruise control option with editable speed value for mouse drivers (or any drivers)? Something like pit lane speed limiter but with more options.

I recently started driving on cruise servers and as you know driving with mouse is only accelerating/breaking. It would be nice if you could maintain your speed to keep speed limits that are set on track or for any other reason (fun).

This can be achieved by set wheel / joystick controller:

1. Go to Controls in game options, set wheel / joystick.
2. Then select Axes / FF.
3. Click on Steer and assign Mouse X of available axes.
4. Click on Thr / Brk Combined and assign Mouse Y of available axes.

Metering of Thr / Brk is in the same way as control left / right on default mouse settings, but now you must move your mouse up or down for maintain your speed.
I don't recommend this method for race, good for cruise with mouse controller only.

Good Luck.
Thanks. This works quite nice, just need to get use to it.

It could be also usefull when racing on mouse with RWDs when you can't hit full throtle while turning (on mouse it means you can't throtle at all) because all you get is a 10/10 spin
i find it easier to change accelerator/brake inverted

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG