The online racing simulator
Land Of The Free Racing....pauses
(68 posts, closed, started )
Gents,
Tomorrow is Memorial day in the USA. It is a day we honor those that have gone on before us. It is a day that we honor those that have given their lives for our country so that we may remain.....The "Land Of The Free".

As we are now a member of a very large International community, when we take our pause tomorrow, we will also remember the many brave soldiers and patriots from around the world.

Be well
*cough*, "A" Land of the Free.

Anyway i'm not sure what the salut is for Memorial Day, but my respect goes to all those who died fighting to give me computers and LFS.
Quote from Becky Rose :*cough*, "A" Land of the Free.

Anyway i'm not sure what the salut is for Memorial Day, but my respect goes to all those who died fighting to give me computers and LFS.

Sad
Only an American would understand
And I think it is The Land of the Free or at least the most free.
and people wonder where the reputation for arrogance comes from... illepall
Majority of netforums I frequently read have one rule: no religion or politics. I like that rule very much and I'd only hope this forum or atleast all but specific threads would have that.

The direction where this topic is heading leads to nowhere. The same thing have been "discussed" (read: argued) to the core over and over again, even in this forum.

This is, afterall, thread for General LFS discussion. There's no politics in LFS, there's just the frame for racing.
#7 - wabz
Sorry, I can't help myself

The land of the free - The NSA offers excellent career opportunities to mathemetics or computer science graduates. Simply pick up the phone, call your mum and ask for an application.

I definitely respect your memorial day though
Sounds similar to ANZAC Day. Have a good one guys :up: Hope your guys/girls come home soon, hope ours do too. Support our troops - bring them home!
Well, that's my two cents for the OT collection plate.

And remember kids, there is No Such Agency.
Sorry guys but the official US attitude to the rest of the world is" F*%k you, you have something we want - we'll take it."

Maybe Americans don't see this, for a variety of reasons, but the rest of the world does.

Sad but true, the American govt has managed to alienate so many people it's not funny so try not to be suprised if we don't join in your celebration of those who have died.

Maybe if you considered the humanity of others ( we don't do bodycounts of ragheads ) or listened to the previous head judge of your own Supreme Court when he stated in 1945 that an unprovoked invasion of a foreign country was the ultimate war crime we might have a different opinion.

I have many american friends I'm quite capable of seperating individual & collective behaviour and especially your govts behaviour which is abhored by many americans.

And for me personally, how America can claim the Land of the Free bit with a straight face while bringing so much death, destruction & torture to the rest of the world completely beggars belief.

Please remember this is not aimed at any person, group, or anyone to do with LFS, your all a great crowd & I've raced many of you & look forward to racing you again.

This is ONLY about the world's percieved view of America which is provided by your govt's behaviour.

If you still don't get it, then try reading some foreign sourced news rather than local issue, you might be surprised.
Quote :Sorry guys but the official US attitude to the rest of the world is" F*%k you, you have something we want - we'll take it."

Maybe Americans don't see this, for a variety of reasons, but the rest of the world does.

America isn't one person; not everyone in America has that attitude, but thanks for showing your ignorance.
Quote from BrandonAGr :This wasn't a political thread to begin with, just a post remembering those who have lost their lives defending their country.

Yeah, I know, but it just smelled gasoline for usual forumflamefire, so I decided to post my post about the pointlessness of taking it into politics.

Respect the dead by learning from their mistakes. That's what memorial days mean to me anyways.
+1 for Julppu. The 'no politics' rule is a good one, if it's not a rule of this forum yet, it probably should be...
God bless America.

I lost my GrandPa in Vietnam... of course i wasn't born back then..
Funny how it is a good thread until an anti-American comes in and starts a flame war. (but I am sure it is the US's fault for inventing computers and the internet)
you referring to me? I'm just anti-arrogance...
Since there is no way to stop this from becoming a flamefest, please moderators, close this thread - fast

And people, please dont take politics into forums like this - it will not work.
Funny how mentioning an American holiday = political flame-fest to anti-Americans. Also interesting how some people think that everyone in the US is arrogant just because they believe every word of some liberal newspaper.. maybe they aren't anti-arrogance, but pro-ignorance..
you did read infiniti's post didn't you BWX?? No doubt I could've been all 'mature' and bitten my tongue, but that's hardly what forums are about is it?
Quote from BWX232 :Funny how mentioning an American holiday = political flame-fest to anti-Americans.

Err.. no funny how mentioning that America is the greatest, freeist, niceist, most environmentally friendly country in the world = people who don't take bullshit fight back

I wouldn't even think of describing Britain as a land of the free, we currently have far too much government control, involvement in wars and total failure to deal with terrorists in a sensible mannor. But describing America as a land of the free on an international forum you've really got to put a flame suit on.

Someone explain to me how the following can be done in a land of the 'free'

-Iraq
-Israel
-Camp X ray

There are more but those are the key issues as well as Bush's refusal to sign the Koyoto treaty.

Guessing most patriotic Americans have convinantley forgotten about Farenheit 9/11 but it does seem odd that no one has made a high profile challenge to it, that kind of implies to me that some of it must be true
Land of the free?????
There are many countrys out there which are at least as "free" as the USA.
So it would be better if you say: "A" land of the free racing holiday.
Everyone knows who you call for help or would call for help if someone attacked your country. Maybe we won't come next time..
Quote from BWX232 :Everyone knows who you call for help or would call for help if someone attacked your country. Maybe we won't come next time..

illepall
I think the sentence "The land of the free" is a contradiction in it self..

How can a bordered in patch of earth be "free" ? illepall

But seeing as many American inhabbitants take it as a personal insult I won't go in to any of the political "things"...

Respecting the death is never wrong, might be even nicer if you show your grace to all those died and not only your "own", ow and who have fought in a war..

Funny thing that wikipedia, "Nowadays most Americans use the date as merely marking the unofficial start of the summer vacationing season as many government parks and beaches start their summer schedule on the Friday before. Many outdoor community swimming pools also open on this day."

But again, I hope every human being feels good and happy And thus I apologize if I offended anyone with speaking my opinion, cause I don't live in "The land of the free"...
I spent a few memorial days in the USA, don't think anyone ever mentioned wars or soldiers or... anything other than beer, on memorial day.

Quote from Infiniti : Only an American would understand
And I think it is The Land of the Free or at least the most free.

Have you actually been to any other "lands" though? Try the Netherlands for starters.
This thread is closed

(68 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG