The online racing simulator
Realtime fuel usage
(9 posts, started )
Realtime fuel usage
Would be nice to have a realtime fuel usage indicator.
Does not have to be a gauge in the cockpit. Maybe in the kind of the graphics-frame-counter.
Maybe u already have that data, because you already have fuel consumption, so just show the realtime data.
Could be useful practising to save fuel. I know THAT is not the aim of a racing simulation, but it would be another unique feature for LFS.

Thx
Well, you can see how much your using per lap. Try a few different driving styles on some races and see how the figure changes.

We know that fuel usage is directly linked to the power the engine is making (or at least, that's what I remember Scawen saying), so basically use less revs and be easy with the throttle pedal.
odd, because i always find that in races with lots of spins, i use more fuel than races where i am constantly going very fast in a straight line, and i would have thought that it would use MORE fuel then, to overcome the aero and mechanical drag.
The most I get it to change is by +-0.1% by driving differently. By this I don't mean very slowly, but normal racing speeds. The number of times I've had to do half a lap in top gear at low revs/throttle to get back to the pits is, well, about 6 actually...
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :odd, because i always find that in races with lots of spins, i use more fuel than races where i am constantly going very fast in a straight line, and i would have thought that it would use MORE fuel then, to overcome the aero and mechanical drag.

When your spinning you are using fuel whilst not going anywhere. And you probably spin turn (more fuel). And accelerate hardish (more fuel). This is more than normal driving.

Sarcastic Option: Just don't spin then...
im confused; you mean like those gauges (or "clocks" if your british ) in mercedes that show how much gas your using?
those are cool lol.. almost more fun to watch than rpm
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :odd, because i always find that in races with lots of spins, i use more fuel than races where i am constantly going very fast in a straight line, and i would have thought that it would use MORE fuel then, to overcome the aero and mechanical drag.

It's just like in real life: if you cruise on the highway/autobahn at a constant speed your fuel usage is not exactly small, but not gigantic either. But if you drive in the city from traffic light to traffic light, stopping and accellerating all the time the fuel usage is much higher. It's the same with a spin, because you don't only need the fuel to fight the drag, but you also have to accellerate that big clunk of metal again.
#8 - tpa
i don't think all that is true for lfs. My guess is that lfs just uses a certain amount of fuel for every ignition/pop.

e.g. when you are driving against the wind, in real life your fuel consumption would be higher, but in lfs, you are consuming less fuel just because the rpm are lower.
..? er.. you do waste gas every time you stop and go in LFS..

now one thing it doesnt use gas that it should, is when you turn your engine on

Realtime fuel usage
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG