The online racing simulator
Car setup based on weight distribution - How do I calculate this?
Hi all! I've read on another forum that a good way to make a baseline setup is to set up the car in accordance to its weight distribution so I went looking around on Google on how this is done but I couldn't find anything so could anyone tell me what kind of calculations/methods to setting up the car in accordance to its weight distribution? Thanks!
Load up Bob Smith's VHPA. Set the suspension frequency equal on both front and rear. Tune ARB's for balance.

This is basically how my race bike is set up, with equal suspension frequencies front and rear. I don't have ARB's to tune, though.
Excuse my ignorance but how do you mean by frequencies? As in Nms? I'm actually trying to find out the calculation method itself since I won't be necessarily applying it to LFS but for other racing sims like iRacing, Forza 3 and GT5.
#4 - STF
Quote from Leprekaun :Excuse my ignorance but how do you mean by frequencies? As in Nms? I'm actually trying to find out the calculation method itself since I won't be necessarily applying it to LFS but for other racing sims like iRacing, Forza 3 and GT5.

As in Hz or CPM (cycles per minute). Surely, being a wannabe racing driver in real life (how did that go? Did you make it to F1?), you've read Carroll Smith's and Alan Staniforth's books?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG