The online racing simulator
not the blue screen of death...
(10 posts, started )
but it's friend, the RED screen of death.

I thought there was only BSOD, but this is just really awkward. I got a really low-res photo of the RSOD report, but here's a screencap of after i booted back up to XP.

Anyone know why would this kind of thing happen when im doing my everyday stuff(scrolling internet, listening to music, chatting)?
Attached images
rsod.jpg
The error log, or the picture of the RSOD itself would be more useful, to be honest. There's no much to be learned from the error signature.

btw, that's XP?
Quote from boosterfire :The error log, or the picture of the RSOD itself would be more useful, to be honest. There's no much to be learned from the error signature.

btw, that's XP?

yup, professional and with servicepack 3
Oh isnt windows so helpful in this respect, it informs you that it has recovered from a serious error, then when you click on more info, you are confronted with a mass of numbers and letters that mean precisely fook all to the everyday PC user.

Why cant the more info section just tell you what program and/or process caused the error?
#5 - dadge
Quote from danthebangerboy :Oh isnt windows so helpful in this respect, it informs you that it has recovered from a serious error, then when you click on more info, you are confronted with a mass of numbers and letters that mean precisely fook all to the everyday PC user.

Why cant the more info section just tell you what program and/or process caused the error?

wrong thread! it should be in the improvements section..............on the windows forum
error report as a bad quality, i decided first to not upload it but seems like i only took the signature which makes me look like a failure, heres the redscreen
Attached images
20100201.jpg
#7 - dadge
yeah, it's your graphics card. that screen should be blue
Quote from dadge :yeah, it's your graphics card. that screen should be blue

This.
A real redscreen looks like this:

Yours is just a 'corrupted' bluescreen
Quote from TheAdmiester :Yours is just a 'corrupted' bluescreen

you can change the colour of the screen with a registry edit. i had a green one for a while.

--

potentially useless tidbits...

Quote :Bug Check 0x5: INVALID_PROCESS_ATTACH_ATTEMPT

The INVALID_PROCESS_ATTACH_ATTEMPT bug check has a value of 0x00000005. This generally indicates that the thread was attached to a process in a situation where that is not allowed. For example, this bug check could occur if KeAttachProcess was called when the thread was already attached to a process (which is illegal), or if the thread returned from certain function calls in an attached state (which is invalid),

This bug check appears very infrequently.

i saw some stuff that said this bug in reference to http.sys can cause this error, but they fixed that in a SP2 patch. chances are, it's not that one.

how new is this install? seeing that error would make me believe you have something really screwy going on that might involve rootkits.
hmm, possible, I am hoping to get rid of this POS though, so I might just not even try to fix it, but smash it with a hammer.

(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG