The online racing simulator
I accidentally the bootmgr - SOLVED!
Oh shi-

Hi guys. Yesterday I thought it would be a great idea to compress some folders on my C:\ drive.
This morning, I booted my pc and it said: "Bootmgr is compressed. Press ctrl+alt+del to restart." After I restarted, it said the same thing again.

I'll need to somehow uncompress it, but I haven't got a Windows DVD here. Is there another easy solution to this problem? If not, I'll have to ask my mate's DVD, and he lives 5km from here and he won't be available until this evening.

So far, I've read about people downloading linux (which can be a bitch because I have no experience with linux), and some others tried a system restore. I'm not a great fan of system restores tbh.

Some info on my badass rig:
Dual-boot Windows XP 32 and Windows 7 64bit (two OS-partitions and one partition for stuff)
Asus P5K
nVidia 8800GTS 320
Intel 2160 @ 2.68GHz
Maxtor Diamondback 21 250gb
El-cheapo 2gb 6400 RAM.
Codegen 550W PSU
If it can boot up far enough, press F8 just after the Power on Self-test and load into safe mode, see if that happens. If it boots, you can try a restore (probably your only choice). If not, I'm afraid you'll probably need the disc.
Quote from TheAdmiester :If it can boot up far enough, press F8 just after the Power on Self-test and load into safe mode, see if that happens. If it boots, you can try a restore (probably your only choice). If not, I'm afraid you'll probably need the disc.

Safe mode wouldn't work anyway, because it couldn't start the dualboot loader.

I just fixed it. I disconnected my hdd and connected it to the pc in the loft. There, I decompressed the bootmgr and hurrah I solved it!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG