You're alive!!!?!!1
Yes brother!

ekze: You make it seem as if I'm the stalker! You seem to pop up just when I'm around, what giveth?
#29 - ekze
omg its you again @_@
Had a mate ask me today about LFS, i had not even bothered to install it on my new rig, i last played it properly around the time the Scirroco was first announced?

So i installs it, oooo i cant wait to see what new goodies i have.

Stuff i have noticed

FXR seams to have lost its race interior (or was that a skin mod i had installed?)
FXR seams to have new shift up lights
The tyres look different on the car

The rest looks the same to me, i assume you lot are complaining about no new content for a while lol.

Damn i couldn't remember how to setup the DFP wheel how i liked, all my setups gone download one of the teams setups for aston nat and away i go,

damn i SUCK!!!!
Here i am, thinking i am right back "in the zone" some fella over takes me, fine i will do my usual trick of hanging right behind and putting pressure on with the fake dives up the inside until they make a mistake, errrr no, i am far to crap for that and i lock up and smash into the barriers PMSL

I think i better do a bit of offline practice before i go anywhere near a server (btw it looks like most of the servers are gone....)

I was actually really surprised at how "old" the game looked, yeah its nice having 400 fps?!?! but i would trade a few spare for some better graphics, last time i was playing this game properly i remember the new car interiors were postponed for some reason, if they have not be released yet? wont they need even more "updating" nowadays, considering just how beefy most peoples PC`s are these days?
The funny part is how the only racing server you can see right at the top is a server running the very same circle everyone has been going around for the past six years or so.
I also hate those cruise servers. Don't care about the demo servers, because Demo racers also need to race somewhere. But I hate that there are almost no good racing servers, where S2 licensed players can race any time. They might be full in the evening, but then they are overcrowded and it's just a crash after crash. But during the day they are empty, and all you see is Cruise and Drift servers. So usually I go check what servers are online, and then I notice that there is no where to play.

So I hope there would be more good servers, like IronHorse and GTR <--don't remember the name, but it's usually full, but it has one big problem. LOTS OF CRASHERS!

R2R servers were awesome, but they are not so crowded these days, and it's boring to race with 5 people.
Quote from Sticky-Micky :FXR seams to have lost its race interior (or was that a skin mod i had installed?)(...)

(...) last time i was playing this game properly i remember the new car interiors were postponed for some reason, if they have not be released yet? (...)

The FXR race interior you speak was probably a mod, yes. Maybe you should try other cars than the FXR. The XRR, for example, has a proper GTR interior and dash now, as do the XFR and UFR. The roadcars have had interior updates as well and look pretty decent.
Quote from andRo. :I also hate those cruise servers. Don't care about the demo servers, because Demo racers also need to race somewhere. But I hate that there are almost no good racing servers, where S2 licensed players can race any time. They might be full in the evening, but then they are overcrowded and it's just a crash after crash. But during the day they are empty, and all you see is Cruise and Drift servers. So usually I go check what servers are online, and then I notice that there is no where to play.

So I hope there would be more good servers, like IronHorse and GTR <--don't remember the name, but it's usually full, but it has one big problem. LOTS OF CRASHERS!

R2R servers were awesome, but they are not so crowded these days, and it's boring to race with 5 people.

+1. I agree with you.
( the gtr is the AMG GTR server i think )
Dead men racing.... is a basic "turn up and race" server, there's always an admin keeping check on anti-social behaviour from 7:30-10:00 pm gmt. We race one car on one track for a week in races of around 10 minutes with a break of five minutes inbetween, culminating in a one hour race on thursday evening, 8:00pm for quali, race start at 8:30 gmt.

Anyone is welcome, slow or fast, we'll even send you over a setup if you say please
Quote from Profi :The funny part is how the only racing server you can see right at the top is a server running the very same circle everyone has been going around for the past six years or so.

At the top is mostly the crash server
I understand what you re saying about noobs and fast drivers and how that can be frustrating. I am a noob and i get frustrated when someone crashes on me. I can only imagine how that feels for an experienced driver. Imo there should be a place for noobs only and another for fast drivers where noobs could enter after proving with score or races completed or some other measure that they have learned the game.
I blame the economy

For me its just a off season trainer to keep me in shape for real racing.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Slow development caused people to get bored, people getting bored causes this :P

Updates certainly = Interest. There's plenty of evidence to show that when an update is released, the number of active players sky-rockets.

With the pending physic update, the grinders, who endlessly pursue improving their time, are sitting "very" patiently to grab that carrot, before they start again.

The situation now is that the dev's certainly aren't going to release something that is half baked. The community wouldn't withstand the disappointment after such a long wait and it would effectively be the death of LFS. But many think an update is on the horizon (the carrot) and will get back into once it's out.

Had engagement with the community not been abandoned and it was know that the next update was 2 years away, the usual competitions/leagues and grinders, would still be battling it out IMO. It's effectively a stalemate.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG