The online racing simulator
Upgrading my mGPU? (8200)
(5 posts, started )
Eurgh, I'm a total noob at computer building, so i'm sorry if this sounds stupid.

I have this mGPU, http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/geforce_8200mgpu_uk.html

How do I upgrade it? It says it has expansion slots, so what do i need to put in there? What do I buy etc.

In the meantime, i'm doing a bit more research.
#2 - Jakg
You cants remove an "m8200" as its on the motherboard.

You might be able to put a PCI-e GPU in there, but theres no way to know without seeing the mobo / PC whatver.
Quote from Jakg :
You might be able to put a PCI-e GPU in there, but theres no way to know without seeing the mobo / PC whatver.

There's a picture of the mb in the link.

I think it is a PCI-e GPU that goes in the express slot.

But I'll get more pics when I really need to upgrade, not much time/money atm.

Quote :
Turbo-charge your GeForce GPU
Turbocharge the performance of your GeForce GPU. Plug it into a GeForce 8200 motherboard to enjoy GeForce Boost and enhanced graphics performance.

Is that talking about the express slots?
#4 - Jakg
The 8200 is used in a LOT of mobo's, are you sure thats the EXACT one you have or are you guessing?
Jakg is right.

You can't upgrade the 8200 in the sense that you are removing the GPU and replacing a new one into the PCIe slot. You can, however, insert a dedicated GPU into the PCIe 16 / 8x slot. If you look http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/geforce_8200mgpu_uk.html, there are indeed PCIe slots. Anything that has dedicated ram to the processor will probably be better than that in your board. $50 can get you a 9600GSO which is probably 10x better than that. (not sure about in UK, etc).

Turbocharge the performance of your GeForce GPU. Plug it into a GeForce 8200 motherboard to enjoy GeForce Boost and enhanced graphics performance.

I believe that is talking about another card in works of Hybrid SLI. In advertising the 8200 motherboard of its graphic capabilities, it is selling the fact that a dedicated card is not needed, and really just a marketing plot. These IGPs can't run Crysis without looking like Doom 1, or Virtual Tennis without looking like Pong, or Virtua Fighter 5 without looking like VF1 running on the Saturn =D. It is anyhow better than a P35 without a graphics processor embedded in the motherboard (especially if you can't soup up one to start doing some homework) or Intel GMAs.

(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG