The online racing simulator
Steering Wheel mod
(9 posts, started )
Steering Wheel mod
Hi,

I am trying to download a wheel skin, but i cannot get it to work.
I downloaded and installed-overwrote the 2 .dds files in my lfs/data/dds folder but when i load the game the wheel is still in the original skin, in every car.
What am i doing wrong?
Interiors have been updated while ago, so maybe it's a really old file you downloaded that is no longer used in the latest version of LFS. What is the link to the wheel texture you downloaded and what verision (eg. Z, Z25, or Z28) of LFS do you use?

Maybe if we can see what you are doing we can confirm what is wrong.
Quote from SharkBite :Hi,

I am trying to download a wheel skin, but i cannot get it to work.
I downloaded and installed-overwrote the 2 .dds files in my lfs/data/dds folder but when i load the game the wheel is still in the original skin, in every car.
What am i doing wrong?

For which car exactly are you trying to download a wheel skin? I seem to recall it wasn't possible for every car or something.
Quote from obsolum :For which car exactly are you trying to download a wheel skin? I seem to recall it wasn't possible for every car or something.

in my case its for the XFG.
But the files dont say what car they're for so i assume they're for every non-formula car?
Quote from SharkBite :So you think these files are for previous versions of LFS?

I believe so. The one you're referring to was added in 2007 so that was definitely for an older version. I don't know if it's still possible to change the steering wheel in the current patch. I thought that was changed when we got the updated interiors a while back.
All the cars with the updated interior (XFG, XRG, XRT (I think also XFR/XRR too) do not support these wheels. The reason is that the wheel was changed in Patch Z, and the steering wheel texture is now just one small square of repeating texture.

The only cars that support those textures are the cars that still have the old Cromo wheel - UF1, FXO, RB4, LX6, LX4, RAC, FZ5, FXR, FZR and MRT.
oh... thats some bad luck for me then

Thank you all for the info!
Guys,

Yesterday i became the proud owner of an S2 license
And guess what? All the cars have got the momo yellow stripe wheel (my mod i installed) except for the XFG, XRG, and XRT.
Oh yes, and of course also the XFR and XRR because they have got a special wheel.
Even the MRT has got the momo! But without the yellow stripe, the top side of the wheel is cut off

In 1 word: JO53PHS, you were 100% correct!

Steering Wheel mod
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG