The online racing simulator
Setup Repository System
(27 posts, started )
Setup Repository System
Hello LFS Racers,
After being a little frustrated with my current team's setup storage system, posting them on the forum, I decided to embark on the project of creating a setup repository system. With this project, I would also be giving back to my team for bringing me on with them. Now, yes, there has already been a setup storing project posted on here, but there were a few things that our team needed that the current one could not deliver, one being that my project will also store iRacing setups as well as, in a planned upgrade, storage of private skins.

So, without delay, I present the 0.99 Beta version of the Setup Repository System. The repo includes features such as an advanced, multiple option search, user registration form, setups shown in ajax jquery datatable for ease of listing, and setups are associated types and classes such as hotlap, qualifications for types; and MoE, iTCC, GT2 for classes. As an administrator for your team's setups, you can customize all of those options.

Comments are always welcome. If you have suggestions and/or bugs to report, please use the "New Ticket" button on the Setup Repository System's website. I hope many of you find this very useful.

Download the SRS here.
I was just looking for something like this but would there be a way to use it on a Wordpress powered site?
Quote from Bmxtwins :I was just looking for something like this but would there be a way to use it on a Wordpress powered site?

It uses it's own PHP Session system, so probably no.
Download link fixed, my fault.
#7 - pik_d
Is there any way to made LFS the default in "Search for Setups"?

Also searching seems broken for me. It only shows up results when everything is set to "All". It will show "FZR" under the cars column, but when I search for FZR setups nothing shows up. What have I likely done wrong?

Edit: Actually sorting by track and type work. Sorting by Car and Class do not work.
Hm so is this going to be like setupgrid or something we can download and use ourselves without a 3rd party? Onyl thing i don't like about setupgrid etc is uploading MoE setups because you just never know

I apologise in advance for being thick and not understanding
Quote from pik_d :Is there any way to made LFS the default in "Search for Setups"?

Also searching seems broken for me. It only shows up results when everything is set to "All". It will show "FZR" under the cars column, but when I search for FZR setups nothing shows up. What have I likely done wrong?

Edit: Actually sorting by track and type work. Sorting by Car and Class do not work.

I'll have to go and test that out, but I was sure that I had that working. As for the default, yeah, I can work on a default setting option.

Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Hm so is this going to be like setupgrid or something we can download and use ourselves without a 3rd party? Onyl thing i don't like about setupgrid etc is uploading MoE setups because you just never know

I apologise in advance for being thick and not understanding

Yeah, this is supposed to be a private team setup storage system.
Burnsy would there be a way to host this on another site and embed it to mine with a password protection?
Quote :
Registration

The first thing a teammate needs to do is register to use the site. Registration is accessed by clicking the register link. Once all the required information has been entered, click on the register button. The administrator of the team’s SRS now has to activate the new user, so, after registering, either wait for the administrator to do so, or contact them to remind them that you need access. Once this is completed, you may now log in to the site.

I didn't have to activate one of my team members who registered. Can I set it so that I do have to activate them? It seems like making hem wait for activation would be almost as good as keeping it private.
Quote from Bmxtwins :Burnsy would there be a way to host this on another site and embed it to mine with a password protection?

Not sure I completely follow. The system uses it's own user database. Just setup the system where you want and make a link to it. Otherwise, if I'm not following you, please elaborate a bit more.

Quote from pik_d :I didn't have to activate one of my team members who registered. Can I set it so that I do have to activate them? It seems like making hem wait for activation would be almost as good as keeping it private.

Doh, forgot. It was set so my private beta testers didn't have to wait. Version 1.0 will have that fixed. While you're reading this, I checked out the searching and I had no problem with searching for a specific setup. Could you elaborate on your specific process of uploading, then searching for that setup?
Quote from burnsy1882 :Doh, forgot. It was set so my private beta testers didn't have to wait. Version 1.0 will have that fixed.

OK thanks, I just wont tell anyone the link for now.

How hard will it be to upgrade? Will it just be overwriting some files or will we have to re-do most of the process again?
Just overwrite files.
It would probably be a good idea to package this with a blank index.html in the /setups/LFS/ and /setups/iRacing/ folders (and any other folders with sensative information) when you get around to giving us the option of having private sets.
Quote from burnsy1882 :Not sure I completely follow. The system uses it's own user database. Just setup the system where you want and make a link to it. Otherwise, if I'm not following you, please elaborate a bit more.

Doh, forgot. It was set so my private beta testers didn't have to wait. Version 1.0 will have that fixed. While you're reading this, I checked out the searching and I had no problem with searching for a specific setup. Could you elaborate on your specific process of uploading, then searching for that setup?

For example this
http://lastlapmotorsports.classicgames.com.br/?page_id=187

but when I click login it redirects me so I want something that stays within the site..
Quote from pik_d :It would probably be a good idea to package this with a blank index.html in the /setups/LFS/ and /setups/iRacing/ folders (and any other folders with sensative information) when you get around to giving us the option of having private sets.

That's a good idea. I often use a simple redirect html page in folders I don't want people to view as directory listings
Yeah, forgot to include those in the tar file for some reason.
Quote from burnsy1882 :Yeah, forgot to include those in the tar file for some reason.

I'm looking forwards to try your system on my private website.
I'll keep you informed about how it goes
Version 1.0 has been released. To get version 1.0, visit the link in the OP. A new automatic installation has been added, to make it easier, as well as adding table prefixes for those limited to one table, and a default sim setting in the config.php file. I know I said the upgrade would be just overwriting, but lots of files were changed, along with the adding of the prefixes, so it might just be easier to start over. Anyway, it's uploaded and ready for you guys. If there are any bugs, please report them on the website by opening a new ticket. Now I can work on the skin storage part.
Wow, can't believe that I forgot this incredibly important piece of installation step to get the searching of setups to work for LFS in the SRS. This will require a change of a MySQL system variable in the configuration file.

Quote :Currently, a standard MySQL fulltext search will ignore words of less than 4-5 characters. A setting needs to be changed in order to allow the 3 character tracks and cars to be searched for. Depending on your hosting on how you access the configuration files, the setting "ft_min_word_len" needs to be found in the system variables configuration file, and changed to 3 from 4. Then a full restart of MySQL is required first to invoke the new setting. Then a rebuild of all the tables SRS imported is required. This rebuild is easy with phpmyadmin by choosing all of the tables after selecting the database, and on the drop down below the tables, choosing rebuild. Otherwise, if no phpmyadmin, in mysql command line, invoke command as such: REPAIR TABLE tbl_name QUICK replacing tbl_name with each table name in the database.

A very sorry to those that have taken the time to use my program and found frustrations that the searching wasn't working.
Thanks for the new version
I/We found a bug. I submitted a ticket on the SRS site, not sure if you get notification of that or not.

Also is there a way to delete entries (other than manually messing with the database)?
had a play with this today and i must say i am impressed.
"TOP JOB" thanks kindly Mr Burns and all involved
Quote from pik_d :I/We found a bug. I submitted a ticket on the SRS site, not sure if you get notification of that or not.

Also is there a way to delete entries (other than manually messing with the database)?

Replied to new ticket with additional instructions. Thanks for using the system. I'll work on a setup delete admin page.

Setup Repository System
(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG