The online racing simulator
Steering Lock Mod (drifting) z28
(54 posts, started )
Dedicated servers that are work with this mod:
- Saiko D Steering Lock Mod

We will have two more dedicated servers running this mod in a couple of days. Stay tuned.

Those who have their server on 500servers.com or lfshost.eu and would like to run modified exe dedis, or those of you who plan on buying a host there, please send me a pm and I will give you further instructions. Plus your host name will be included in steering lock threads and saikod.pl.

-----------------------------------
I have made a tiny modification to lfs z28 exe to increase steering lock in live for speed for drifters. Steering lock can be now adjusted in game from 47 to 57 degrees.

First of all, videos that speak more than words:
LFS - Full Lock by Newton: http://www.vimeo.com/8976919
LFS - Two Lane Blacktop by Falken Keisu http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w16V-QX4-m4

Some pictures by Keitaro:

Readme:
This is a modified lfs z28 game exe.

With this mod you can adjust steering lock from 47 to 57 degrees. Some people might prefer different settings for different cars and controllers. For example, for Fz5 with G25 @ 900 degrees I prefer 57 degrees settings.

1. What version does it work with?
- Z28

2. How to install it?
- Backup your live for speed directory.
- Copy exe file to the main live for speed directory. Run it.

3.How to use it online?
- Game must be hosted with this modified exe. Users who have this exe will be able to join such host.
- On special dedicated servers that work with modified exe.

4. Will it work on original lfs.exe hosts?
- You can't join hosts that use original lfs.exe (including dedi servers), because there will be OOS error.

5. Do replays work?
- Yes they do. But make sure to play replays with modified exe or increased steering lock will not be visible, or you will get an OOS.

6. FFB feels different, why?
- You need to countersteer less to makes drifts that could be done with 36 degrees. Set your wheel to 900 degrees. Reduce a bit your ffb strength in live for speed and start pushing your car more. Try higher angles, try more dynamic drift transitions etc.

7. Additional information.
- This is a modified exe. I and people who helped with testing haven't encountered any problems. But use it at your own risk only. I do not take any responsibility for any problems that you may encounter.

DOWNLOAD
LFS-TORQUE MIRROR

Enjoy and have fun drifting , [SAIKO^D]Kamkor. More information avaible on: www.saikod.pl
Great work Kam!
Glad you got the green light for it. Awesome.
Glad youve got it here too, kamkor.
#4 - Tazka
This makes the LFS drifting alot more interesting. Thanks kam.
Magnificent work Kamkor.
#6 - Phsx2
Thank you so very much, LFS is now jesus
Good mod, like the idea. What I don't like is the idea of the servers being even more sparse.
-
(aroX123) DELETED by SamH : Unauthorized tweak release on forum
Why the server has password?
Quote from Naxopro :Why the server has password?

I wonder too. I had great time on it earlier but now its private.
also i get a 403 access denied if i want to download the mod
-
(-DrftMstr-) DELETED by -DrftMstr-
Where can i find that mod ? the links there is are movies/pic or information
Pretty much
thnx for removing my posts... where was the offense ?
I have calkulated that if you use 720 on original stock lfs, 900 @ 47 lock(same settings in lfs/profiler with/without mod), it is not much diferent in wheel ratio/feedback from wheel(just more lock )

Might be interesting for ppl who use both stock and mod servers, and don't want to loose any "feal" of a stock car

Don't flame me if the tip is useless xD
Quote from kamkorPL :
Do not ask for dedicated server exe, it is private. 3 drift teams (or more if servers will be too busy) will be running hosts for it. It will ensure quality experience. If you'd like to have private sessions wth friends, you can host games with game exe. If you'd like dedicated server for drift competition we will provide you with one.

Dont get to exited... What about ppl who will edit dedi exe himself??

Can they run a server, or u the guy who chose who can have lock mod hosted by dedi?

No offense just wondering, hope it wont be to hard to answer, since im probably not vip/elite enough.
Anyone can edit their exe and run it. That is, if it still runs afterwards
kamkorPL found the addresses and chose to share a modified Z28 client executable, that provides everyone with all the information necessary to modify the dedicated server in the same way. Everyone who knows how to find said information

I will not share the modified dedi either, because I think keeping the number of servers running this limited is a good thing, mainly because it breaks compatibility with the original LFS client.
Quote from Ales_M :Dont get to exited... What about ppl who will edit dedi exe himself??

Can they run a server, or u the guy who chose who can have lock mod hosted by dedi?

No offense just wondering, hope it wont be to hard to answer, since im probably not vip/elite enough.

Morpha has got a point. With modified client exe anyone can quickly see where to change steering lock adjustment. If I released the dedi it would be the same. You would soon start seeing lots of badly modified dedis in the master server list with people cheating in many of them. It still doesn't mean that someone else won't modify a dedi himself, but by not sharing it I at least make that task a little bit harder.

Plus I want to make sure that dedi host will have SteerLock in host name and link to mod in welcome.txt. A way to filter the servers for those, who don't want to join them. I don't have a problem if you edit the dedi yourself, as long as it doesn't allow cheating like use of lfstweak and as long as it is ok with lfsforum.net moderators.

We are not making this elite, I simply can't share dedi exe. But I found a solution to let people host dedi without sharing the exe. 500servers.com will have an option to host modified steering lock dedis. The same goes with lfshost.eu.
Quote from kamkorPL :Morpha has got a point. With modified client exe anyone can quickly see where to change steering lock adjustment. If I released the dedi it would be the same. You would soon start seeing lots of badly modified dedis in the master server list with people cheating in many of them. It still doesn't mean that someone else won't modify a dedi himself, but by not sharing it I at least make that task a little bit harder.

Plus I want to make sure that dedi host will have SteerLock in host name and link to mod in welcome.txt. A way to filter the servers for those, who don't want to join them. I don't have a problem if you edit the dedi yourself, as long as it doesn't allow cheating like use of lfstweak and as long as it is ok with lfsforum.net moderators.

We are not making this elite, I simply can't share dedi exe. But I found a solution to let people host dedi without sharing the exe. 500servers.com will have an option to host modified steering lock dedis. The same goes with lfshost.eu.

Ty for the explanation. And I totaly agree with the name and info thing, for use as a filter.
Great Mod Kamkor! One of the better addons ever
Update on the dedi situation:

Those who have their server on 500servers.com or lfshost.eu and would like to run modified exe dedis, or those of you who plan on buying a host there, please send me a pm and I will give you further instructions. Plus your host name will be included in steering lock threads and saikod.pl.
Quote from kamkorPL :I at least make that task a little bit harder.

so little that it was a waste of time for me and a waste of energy for you to block it.

Quote from kamkorPL :
.... and as long as it is ok with lfsforum.net moderators.

One need to be allowed from forums moderators only to post a link here on the forum, not to actually use a patched dedi. Quiet not the same. Ur phrasing is confusing and not clear.

Quote from kamkorPL :
We are not making this elite

Maybe it is not your intent, but this is the very result.
Quote from kamkorPL :

In other words, you deside who can/can't use the aprooved modified dedi host, adding "steerlock" in servername + url in welcome.txt is no problem anyway.

Quote from kamkorPL :We are not making this elite, I simply can't share dedi exe. But I found a solution to let people host dedi without sharing the exe. 500servers.com will have an option to host modified steering lock dedis. The same goes with lfshost.eu.

You accualy are making it elite, only ppl who rent servers from 500servers.com or lfshost.eu can get it, are you sponsored?
Ppl wich GOT a good host, need to rent from elsvhere to get this working?
Am i being blind or is the server not there anymore

wahh?
Down at the moment, the server was having a JOOS/OOS problem earlier.
Quote from Matrixi :Down at the moment, the server was having a JOOS/OOS problem earlier.

Ahh ok, thank you, I tried drifitng on stock steering lock, damn its different lool, cant wait for it to be back up!

(54 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG