The online racing simulator
GT Academy 2010
(47 posts, started )
GT Academy 2010
Cant believe there's no thread for this years comp. Any LFS'ers doing this?
The competition is very tough.
My brother competed in the national finals last time (just missed out on top five unfortunately, because he hadn't checked which combos they were going to run and had to improvise everything :razz, and I didn't have my drivers license although I probably could've had the pace with a week's practice (I'm not a GT kinda guy normally ;d)

This year I think he's slacking off and not even trying... and I still don't have that damn license.
A bit more info for those of us who have never heard of it it?
Competition of GT5 which the top drivers get a rl drive in silverstone...
Quote from AstroBoy :A bit more info for those of us who have never heard of it it?

Top lap times online in the GT5 demo get invited to finals, finals winners go to Silverstone for a driver evaluation and the winner gets a ride in GT4.

It's a cool competition.
I made it to the Dutch national finals
Quote from Thommm :I made it to the Dutch national finals

Gratz!

Leprekaun topped the Irish rankings with U4IK_ST8 finishing 6th

Good luck ^^
i was round my nephews one night and tried but i sucked
Quote from Thommm :I made it to the Dutch national finals

Well done! Good luck in the finals.
thanks guys!
What is the current news? When do the finals start?
Dutch national final will be held on februari 11th in Amsterdam
I bid good luck to all of those who are participating in the finals that are part of the LFS community. I hope you win!
Some chance of images or videos ? Would be good to see.
Bullshit, I was 20 in Mexico, but sadly Mexico is not in the list of participant countries
At the end these things tend to be won by 'gamers' by which I mean people who spend hours and hours using the fact that the track conditions and car condition is the same (or at least changes at exactly the same rate) everytime.

This possibility of extreme practise still requires some talent, even with GT5, but there is more gaming determination involved than driving skill to make it to the top of a hotlap competition..
Quote from Thommm :Dutch national final will be held on februari 11th in Amsterdam

Go thommahawk!!
Nice one Thommmmmmmm, best of luck!
Quote from Niels Heusinkveld :At the end these things tend to be won by 'gamers' by which I mean people who spend hours and hours using the fact that the track conditions and car condition is the same (or at least changes at exactly the same rate) everytime.

This possibility of extreme practise still requires some talent, even with GT5, but there is more gaming determination involved than driving skill to make it to the top of a hotlap competition..

If it makes u feel less innadequate

At the end of the day it still takes a degree of understanding the racing line and how to go faster, also determination is one of the biggest things when it comes to being a racing driver.
Determination is the biggest factor to get anywhere in life. Proving you have it can make the difference in achieving your goals.
Quote from Niels Heusinkveld :At the end these things tend to be won by 'gamers' by which I mean people who spend hours and hours using the fact that the track conditions and car condition is the same (or at least changes at exactly the same rate) everytime.

Ultimately it still comes down to a panel of judges watching you drive for a week in the real world. The guy who wins will be deserving.
US competition now live!
US competition now live! No news on Europe yet.
Quote from anttt69 :US competition now live! No news on Europe yet.

Keep us posted, I fancy a go at it .
Heard somewhere (believe it was InsideSimRacing) that its only going to be for the US this year.

GT Academy 2010
(47 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG