The online racing simulator
Sensitive Brake possible?
(11 posts, started )
First sorry for my Bad English

I have 2 question and a Improvement Idea.

The first question is, is it possible to connect 2 Force Feedback devices
(or rumble force ) on LFS (off course both working ingame)?
(a Mod or Tweak or something else)

And now the second question: Is it possible to take Data from Insim about jammed or blocked tire?

If this is possible, my idea is to connect a second Joypad (only rumblemotor) with rumble Force under the Brakepedal and give them the Insimdata to let them light vibrate if the tire are come closer to be blocked.

I try the princible out with a basshaker and ownmade "Brakesounds" and it works very good but the problem is, the Basshaker take every sound from ingame to make it vibrate, not only Brakesounds.

i hope you understand my "English".
Unfortunately at this time it is not possibly to detect if a wheel is locked or spinning rapidly via Insim/OutSim or OutGauge. I know this because I have been looking for a way to do this for my AI project.

That said I really like the idea. I've been hoping for FFB pedals for quite some time. Though the brake is really the one that could use FFB; especially with brake-fade and the pedal just drops to the floor! That would make even a simulation experience scary!
Thx man, another Idea is dying before it was born.
I try to handle it over Basshaker again maybe i can use a amplifier to seperate the signals. Maybe
Quote from blackbird04217 :Unfortunately at this time it is not possibly to detect if a wheel is locked or spinning rapidly via Insim/OutSim or OutGauge. I know this because I have been looking for a way to do this for my AI project.

That said I really like the idea. I've been hoping for FFB pedals for quite some time. Though the brake is really the one that could use FFB; especially with brake-fade and the pedal just drops to the floor! That would make even a simulation experience scary!

+1

From Fanatec website:
"Vibration motor on brake pedal to indicate blocking tires (only in games which support this feature)"

Fanatec pedals (I believe all versions) and Frex have a FFB motor. Although FFB to sim lockup is not quite right, but that said I would love to try it.

If insim/outsim cant detect a wheel spin how about just ABS for the FFB motor.

My hope is that if LFS can simulate brakefade (one day..) that a FFB brake pedal can adjust pressure required for 100% braking. But that is a long long away, LFS and the hardware vendors are not that advance yet.
#5 - Nick.
I actually like this idea. It is unrealistic that you can apply a constant brake pressure when ABS is activated, but there's no way that I know of to export the ABS information. +1 for me though.

P.S. - If the game know when to turn on ABS, why can't it put out that information to a brake pedal with FFB?
why just the brakes? the clutch could use some FFB too, then we can really feel where the bite point is.
Quote from bunder9999 :why just the brakes? the clutch could use some FFB too, then we can really feel where the bite point is.

Hmm, I don't think I've ever really felt the bite point of the clutch on the pedal in my car. I feel the change in acceleration and that gives me the bite point quite accurately but I don't feel that on the clutch pedal.
However FFB would be good to simulate clutch malfunction.
To simulate slipping you would need to control an actuator that releases tension on the spring of a pedal. And really more trouble that its worth.

Somewhat related Frex's H-Shift and Pedal + clutch have a wire that will not allow you to engage the gear without proper shifting. Even though its purely mechanical I hear it does a great job simulating the effect.

A FFB pad/cushion would be a better idea iVibe has something like that but who knows if they will ever get their stuff straight. I know I have one and with promises made many many years ago of a LFS plugin, I use it as a Bass shaker now. Works pretty well in simulating engine vibrations, better than a buttkicker.
@OmniMoAK thx for Info about the Fanatec
My Bro want to buy this wheel.
Must try it out, can you tell my which games are support these Effect?
#10 - Dac
The throttle certainly does not need FFB, and neither does the clutch, with my limited 4 years driving experience it's hard enough to feel when the brakes are locked up through the pedal let alone when the clutch bites. It's more from the steering and seat that you feel a lock up.
#11 - senn
you don't generally feel brake lockup thru the pedal, its more of an audio/sensory response to the way the car "feels" At least thats how it works for me. but the more you know your car, the more you will generally get a feel for it's limits, IE pedal pressure/Gforces etc etc.

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG