The online racing simulator
SOLD: Act-Labs perf pedals, USB Shifter and Logitech red Formula force wheel.
NOW SOLD

Hope its OK to put sim racing hardware for sale ads in here . If not mods please feel free to remove relocate somewhere more appropriate.

Sadly I no longer find myself with the time to play LFS as much as I was a year or so ago and all my sim racing gear is sitting in the attic gathering dust so I've decided to sell it and free up some cash.

The performance pedals and USB shifter are already up on ebay along with an act-labs 3-into-1 USB adapter that runs the whole lot off a single USB socket. Everything is in perfect working order, although cosmetically the pedal base case was altered slightly to fit a BRD race frame at one point (see pics on ebay for details).

The USB shifter is fitted with a genuine leather Momo shift knob which reduces the length of the stick a little and gives a better feel to the shift.

When Act-labs announced they were discontinuing both these products I bought a small stash of spares just in case, so for the pedals I have 7 spare springs (new type) as well as a spare rubber ball stop for the brake pedal. For the shifter I have 2 spare sets of shifter springs plus about 7 spare microswitches - so plenty of spares just in case .

The Logitech wheel is quite a few years old now, but still an excellent wheel as it has cable driven force feedback rather than geared which gives a smoother more realistic feel imho. Its the red Formula Force with pedals.

To be honest I don't really know what the going rate for this gear is. I know Act-Labs have re-released the USB shifter, but it seems a lot pricier than before (about 130USD including the USB adapter + shipping from Canada). I think the pedals are being re-released too, but are not yet available and I suspect will not be cheap..

The act-labs stuff is up on ebay here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayI ... wItem&item=8811773919

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayI ... wItem&item=8811780889

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayI ... wItem&item=8811788212

I have put a BIN on the stuff, but there is no reserve, so potentially a bargain to be had if you are lucky.

Looking for about 25GBP + shipping for the Logitech wheel, but open to offers.

I can price up shipping abroad for this stuff, but to be honest due to the weight I doubt very much whether its economic to send outside of the UK.

Thanks for reading this and if you have any questions feel free to drop me an email.

Cheers,

Chris
Quote from ChrisBsim :The Logitech wheel is quite a few years old now, but still an excellent wheel as it has cable driven force feedback rather than geared which gives a smoother more realistic feel imho. Its the red Formula Force with pedals.

i had that wheel and the cables work hardened and snapped eventually. buying a used one of the original wheels is a bit sketchy in my opinion. but it did feel good while it worked.

speedfreak227
Fair enough - everyone has different experiences, maybe you just had a duffer.....

Personally I have never had any problems with this wheel, and the general consensus last time I looked was that the wheel and the FF got pretty good reviews for the price. Granted the Logitech pedals aren't that great, but then thats what the Act-Labs ones are there for .

Like I say I am open to offers, so if you think I am asking too much and are interested then make me an offer!

Chris
#4 - Munza
Good luck with the sale mate
Thanks
#6 - axus
I know a South African who might be interested in the pedals - would you be willing to send them over here if he covers shipping?
Hi axus,

I'd be willing to consider it, but I'll be honest and say I doubt it would be economic for him as I'd have to send it via some kind of insured / tracked delivery and they weigh nearly 4 kilos!

From my experience of shipping larger / heavier items just to Europe the insured shipping costs would probably be more that the cost of the pedals themselves .

I limited the auction to UK bidders as from previous experience people never bother reading the listings even when you warn them items are heavy / bulky, and must be sent via insured delivery, and then decide they don't want to pay the postage once they have won . I have to insist on the shipping being insured as I can't take the chance of not covering myself if they get damaged / go "missing".

Still for the right price I'd be willing to consider it. I'd suggest pricing the delivery up yourself based on the 4kg weight and someone like http: //www.parcelforce.com.

Thanks,

Chris
Maybe i would also be interested in the pedals. The shifter is already sold, right? :/
Hi,

All of the act-labs stuff has now been SOLD.

Thanks.

Chris
Damn me, why i didnt saw that thread before, i was interested!!!!
Hey there.

Did you sold the MOMO Force too?
Hi eRaptor, its not a Momo Force sadly . Its just a Logitech Formula Force USB (red wheel, but quite a few years old now - came out before the Momo line of Logitech wheels).

I will try and put some pictures on here if I get the chance. It is still for sale though.

Thanks,

Chris
Oh, ok.

That was actually my first wheel. Good enough for the price I must say...

I have a Momo force (the red), but I'm looking for one for a friend of mine too. This is "The Wheel".
And very nice the Act Labs kit is too Chris, cheers mate

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG