The online racing simulator
Quote from rockclan :I'd like 1 million and a van full off beer!

I would too, but an actual update would be nice also.
Why report when there is nothing to report?

He said what he is working on, now wait till he finnishes that and he will report the new things he is working on...

pretty simple really....
Quote from AcesHigh :Why report when there is nothing to report

Because nearly every problem with people on this forum waiting and complaining is down to communication. LFS is a fantastic game and i've gotten WAY more fun for the money than any other software.

However the developers really do a poor job of communicating their work to the user community. Why report no progress? Simply because people are waiting and a few words of assurance that things are still under way but no dates yet to report goes a long, long way.

There is so much frustration on this forum simply because nobody really knows what and when things will happen. A simple few lines every month, giving just a little insight into what is going on, would ease tension a great deal. Especially when updates are over a year late.

In my mind the delay is totally justified and I am 100% behind taking all the time the developers need to produce a product they feel is of quality. How long it takes, for me, is not the issue. The inconsistent communication is.

Come on guys, you have a huge community of loyal followers willing to pay well above the asking price for fabulous updates to the best online racing simulator ever made. All we ask is for, say once a month, a small summary of how you are getting on... effective communication can go a long, long way and I would hate to think people are leaving LFS due to it.
Quote from yeager :Because nearly every problem with people on this forum waiting and complaining is down to communication. LFS is a fantastic game and i've gotten WAY more fun for the money than any other software.

However the developers really do a poor job of communicating their work to the user community. Why report no progress? Simply because people are waiting and a few words of assurance that things are still under way but no dates yet to report goes a long, long way.

There is so much frustration on this forum simply because nobody really knows what and when things will happen. A simple few lines every month, giving just a little insight into what is going on, would ease tension a great deal. Especially when updates are over a year late.

In my mind the delay is totally justified and I am 100% behind taking all the time the developers need to produce a product they feel is of quality. How long it takes, for me, is not the issue. The inconsistent communication is.

Come on guys, you have a huge community of loyal followers willing to pay well above the asking price for fabulous updates to the best online racing simulator ever made. All we ask is for, say once a month, a small summary of how you are getting on... effective communication can go a long, long way and I would hate to think people are leaving LFS due to it.

Couldn't have said better myself
Quote from yeager :...In my mind the delay is totally justified and I am 100% behind taking all the time the developers need to produce a product they feel is of quality. How long it takes, for me, is not the issue. The inconsistent communication is...

but not longer then 70years..

i will still be abel to play it.. ^^
Quote from yeager :effective communication can go a long, long way and I would hate to think people are leaving LFS due to it.

i have already seen a few posts saying people are moving onto rfactor or iracing over the slow reports.
I disagree that complaining is down to dis-communication.

The only reason some people feel compelled to complain/gripe/wine/cry over LFS updates is because there is a possibility that the developers will continue to improve what they have already made. Since there are those people who don't think about why they want to gripe publicly, the rest of the forum community have to scroll through pointless posts to get to something interesting. These people don't understand that it is just impulsive, because it is pointless and will go nowhere.

Please stop cluttering our forums.

Why are there any frustrations about updates in LFS, or for any game for that mater? For what it is worth the "SCAVIER"team could stop working on their sim project and LFS would be just like any other racing game that you may have in your stockpile of racing games. We didn't pay 24 pounds for future LFS, we paid for the game as it is, or was. The price hasn't even gone up to account for inflation. Buying LFS because you expect some sort of updates has been a gamble since the beginning. However, I would be bummed if they stopped. I'm gambling right now with good odds, it'll just take a while.

Here are some words of advice.

The 3 (and only) ways to get individual(s) to do what you want:
  1. Motivation: Find a way to get the individual(s) to want what you want. (most important)
  2. Suggestion: Communicate your idea calmly, without complaint, to the individual(s), and wait to see if they agree.
  3. Demand: Force the individual(s) to do what you want. (works only if there is leverage on the individual(s))
Anything not on this list is just pure griping. I classify griping as an alternative to suggesting or demanding for those who have childlike minds. Since people know demanding like children will get nowhere, they choose to gripe. Adults or grown adolescent kids who gripe are just like children making demands to their parents for the candy bar in the grocery store. A gripe is the same as a tantrum. It is compulsive complaining that leads to nothing and makes those people look like children in public. Those people may be able to get away with that on forums, but I as sure as hell hope those people don't do it in the workplace or at an education facility. If you are someone who would gripe, go to your mirror in your washroom and look at yourself while you gripe about something. Or you could just read one of your posts to yourself in front of the mirror.
Quote from legoflamb :I disagree that complaining is down to dis-communication.

The only reason some people feel compelled to complain/gripe/wine/cry over LFS updates is because there is a possibility that the developers will continue to improve what they have already made. Since there are those people who don't think about why they want to gripe publicly, the rest of the forum community have to scroll through pointless posts to get to something interesting. These people don't understand that it is just impulsive, because it is pointless and will go nowhere.

Please stop cluttering our forums.

Why are there any frustrations about updates in LFS, or for any game for that mater? For what it is worth the "SCAVIER"team could stop working on their sim project and LFS would be just like any other racing game that you may have in your stockpile of racing games. We didn't pay 24 pounds for future LFS, we paid for the game as it is, or was. The price hasn't even gone up to account for inflation. Buying LFS because you expect some sort of updates has been a gamble since the beginning. However, I would be bummed if they stopped. I'm gambling right now with good odds, it'll just take a while.

Here are some words of advice.

The 3 (and only) ways to get individual(s) to do what you want:
  1. Motivation: Find a way to get the individual(s) to want what you want. (most important)
  2. Suggestion: Communicate your idea calmly, without complaint, to the individual(s), and wait to see if they agree.
  3. Demand: Force the individual(s) to do what you want. (works only if there is leverage on the individual(s))
Anything not on this list is just pure griping. I classify griping as an alternative to suggesting or demanding for those who have childlike minds. Since people know demanding like children will get nowhere, they choose to gripe. Adults or grown adolescent kids who gripe are just like children making demands to their parents for the candy bar in the grocery store. A gripe is the same as a tantrum. It is compulsive complaining that leads to nothing and makes those people look like children in public. Those people may be able to get away with that on forums, but I as sure as hell hope those people don't do it in the workplace or at an education facility. If you are someone who would gripe, go to your mirror in your washroom and look at yourself while you gripe about something. Or you could just read one of your posts to yourself in front of the mirror.

You've obviously never run a successful business. Communication is KEY to making anything successful. No use having the best product in the world if you can't communicate anything about it.

I think my post was a calm suggestion that a lot of the "clutter" on this forum could be eased with a simple monthly update.

Of course I was in serious denial if I thought my comments would pass by without another thread decaying into debate. I think i'll get back to what I enjoy most... actually racing in LFS and forgetting there will ever be an update. Then if it does ever come, what a wonderful and welcome surprise that will be.
I was not attacking you yeager, I just disagreed with the communication part of your post. I directed my later comments towards "those people" that do complain. I should have segmented my post as to not combine my response to you with my rant. Your post had no complaint in it. I am sorry if i was you who I offended.

Edit: It is for anyone else who might read it. If it's not you, then it doesn't apply

As for the successful business of LFS, who knows what the devs have planed for LFS as a business. It seems to me LFS started out as a project that they just wanted to do, and sold it in early stages to get some funding to pursue their project further. And by my inferences on the way they develop LFS, it seems money making is not the main reason they want to develop such a game. Otherwise they would market their game more intensively.

I have not owned or ran a successful business, but I have worked at a fairly successful small business and know what they do to advertise their product to their market. I actually manned one of their booths at a trade-show.

The surprise way of thinking is the way I think of LFS progress. I don't think I could play any other sim as seriously as I play LFS.

My posts in this thread are just as much clutter as any other, but it always gets worse before it can get better.
Quote from yeager :Of course I was in serious denial if I thought my comments would pass by without another thread decaying into debate.

So you're a troll then?

Nah, just kidding . I agree with you, but looking back at LFS history then it's clear regular status updates won't happen. They have been requested in various forms numerous times over the past years, but the devs apparently don't want to spend half a day a month to squeeze out a little story to keep the community in check.

I do kinda understand the problems such updates can bring, considering how almost anything they say is taken as pure gospel and promises. Even now where they already seem to go to ridiculous lengths to formulate anything they write in a way that makes it clear that nothing is set in stone, people often misunderstand, misread or completely ignore what is written and later cause a ruckus demanding to know why X wasn't Y even though the update clearly states why X isn't Y.

Still, I think regular updates would be the way to go, and instead of trying to untangle the mess that misunderstandings cause themselves, they could just wait and let the community members that are able to read and comprehend do the job for them.

But then again, what do I know about customer relationships, so there.
Quote from yeager :You've obviously never run a successful business. Communication is KEY to making anything successful. No use having the best product in the world if you can't communicate anything about it.

I think my post was a calm suggestion that a lot of the "clutter" on this forum could be eased with a simple monthly update.

Of course I was in serious denial if I thought my comments would pass by without another thread decaying into debate. I think i'll get back to what I enjoy most... actually racing in LFS and forgetting there will ever be an update. Then if it does ever come, what a wonderful and welcome surprise that will be.

blah blah ...blaaaah too many words expressed but no result
Isn't that what commenting on the internet is for? Writing a bunch of words for no reason.
Quote from J03130 :i have already seen a few posts saying people are moving onto rfactor or iracing over the slow reports.

Why moving on rFactor or iRacing ? I'm pretty sure that you don't drive on any combo (940 combos in this game : that's ... A LOT !!)
So for waiting I sugges you to drive on a combo u never done before and try to approch 103% WR
Quote from fab_iceman_67 :Why moving on rFactor or iRacing ? I'm pretty sure that you don't drive on any combo (940 combos in this game : that's ... A LOT !!)
So for waiting I sugges you to drive on a combo u never done before and try to approch 103% WR

i dunno i find both those games shit.
Agree with u
iracing visually looks good, but i dont think its as difficult as lfs, i can seem to drive on the limit without any setup changes and not lose control half as much as lfs, what does that tell me/you???

rfactor uses the old f12001 engine? gtr1/2? tweaked? can play a bit of it, but still dont feel like im driving a car. looks ok, and plenty of mods, most of which im either not interest in, or a rubbish :-)
I find iRacing much harder to drive on the absolute limit than LFS. You also have to build up to your limit on iRacing. You cannot just hop in and gun it like you can in LFS. I think LFS is far too forgiving at the moment. iRacing was too unforgiving but with the latest build I think that it has the right balance now. I just don't get the same feeling or satisfaction from finishing a brilliant lap in LFS as I do in iRacing, the sense of speed is also far superior, I don't really get it at all in LFS except maybe in the BF1. The poor sounds in LFS don't help. I love all the sounds in iRacing apart from the Mazda which I reckon is quite poor for the amount of work they are supposed to put into it, the actual car itself drives like a dream though. Hopefully the next LFS update, if we do eventually get one, will bring some much needed improvements. Scawen will need to pull off a miracle to keep up with iRacing though in my opinion, then again he only needs to grow out the old beard and he would resemble Jesus. It could happen!
Quote from J03130 :i dunno i find both those games shit.

Glad to know. Keep cruising and away from serious racing
Quote from tiagolapa :Glad to know. Keep cruising and away from serious racing

Who says i know nothing about racing?????? u know shit about me and what i do sooooooooo......ye. xD
Unless you do it in real life, because in LFS you won 5 races... lol have a good life
Quote from Gills4life :Scawen will need to pull off a miracle to keep up with iRacing though in my opinion

I agree with that too !
But, IMO, the price of LFS is a miracle I think it's THE reason for a lot of Online SimRacing Drivers to play LFS instead of iRacing.
Btw, I admess that the noise of the cars and the interiror (look the FZR : it is exactly the same as FZ50 but with metal tubes, sry don't know how is it called in english ^^) are awesome in iRacing and that's it's the BIG low point for LFS
Or even GTR-E, I feel more like a real racing driver in those games ^^ but LFS is so easy to use and i have a better feeling with the cars and the LFS community is great That's the reason i never stop playing LFS ^^
Quote from tiagolapa :Unless you do it in real life, because in LFS you won 5 races... lol have a good life

If track days count then yes i do race in real life. not my car obviously i dont wanna mess that up.
Quote from Gills4life :I find iRacing much harder to drive on the absolute limit than LFS. You also have to build up to your limit on iRacing. You cannot just hop in and gun it like you can in LFS. I think LFS is far too forgiving at the moment. text text text

expressed all my thoughts
-
(Vegas Las) DELETED by Vegas Las
Quote from fab_iceman_67 :So for waiting I sugges you to drive on a combo u never done before and try to approch 103% WR

[Joke] It's boring to wait for S3, gonna play Burnout Carnage ![/Joke]

Good Idea sir
I suggest LX4 on SO ?
The LFS community is absolutely brilliant, and I love the "LFS WORLD", I mean, In game chat, movies, skinning, good leagues, race streaming, race friends, public races, lfsforum.
For this I can't leave LFS, it's impossible.

Scavier, I love you.
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG