The online racing simulator
I have a question
(6 posts, started )
I have a question
hi, today i downloaded the demo and i love it, i intend to purchase the full game on payday!

However, i am using a Playstation controller, and would like to know if there is a way to map the d-pad as steering? Can't seem to do it through the controls screen. It wouldn't be a big deal if the anaolgue stick would calibrate correctly, but it doesn't centre properly!

I really hope i can use the d-pad, i can't get used to the mouse and i can't afford a wheel just yet...
Quote from danjama :hi, today i downloaded the demo and i love it, i intend to purchase the full game on payday!

However, i am using a Playstation controller, and would like to know if there is a way to map the d-pad as steering? Can't seem to do it through the controls screen. It wouldn't be a big deal if the anaolgue stick would calibrate correctly, but it doesn't centre properly!

I really hope i can use the d-pad, i can't get used to the mouse and i can't afford a wheel just yet...

Did you calibrate it in your pc?

And did you use all its directions (turn left-right, full throttle-full brake) while stopped in pit? LFS needs to calibrate on its own the controlers. After that, there should be no problem, unless your controler is damaged in some way.

I think you can't assign the digital buttons to stear in LFS...
Quote from NunoMike :

I think you can't assign the digital buttons to stear in LFS...

Yes you can.. you can assign Steer Left and Steer Right to buttons..

To assign steering directions to the D pad you need to go to Options > Controls and select Mouse / Keyboard steering, then there should be options for Steer Left and Steer Right under "Buttons 1".

I think that if you do this though, you cannot have axis acceleration and braking on the right analogue stick.
Quote from JO53PHS :Yes you can.. you can assign Steer Left and Steer Right to buttons..

To assign steering directions to the D pad you need to go to Options > Controls and select Mouse / Keyboard steering, then there should be options for Steer Left and Steer Right under "Buttons 1".

I think that if you do this though, you cannot have axis acceleration and braking on the right analogue stick.

hey ill try that thanks, if it works it's fine because i use X and square for accel/brake.
Problem is, if you tell LFS to use keyboard/mouse then the controller functionality is disabled. You can't assign Left/Right to a button (D-Pad) this way.

On the other hand, if you choose wheel/joystick you can only use an Axis to steer with.

The solution is to use mouse/keyboard (Keyboard Steering [keyboard - no help] or [keyboard stabilised] and then get a free program called Joy2Key (google it)

Then you can assign all you buttons to various keyboard keys.
eg. assign the left and right d-pad buttons to the arrow keys on your keyboard with joy2key, and make LFS use arrows keys to turn left and right.

What's also good is you can assign up to three keyboard presses with joy2key for each button. So you could enable fast steer automatically.
Thanks alot man ill try that!

I have a question
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG