The online racing simulator
Barriers
(23 posts, started )
Barriers
I really hate those barriers who let u fly weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee in the air....
so my suggestion is that like in S1 they just move and wont let you fly into the air. I hope u guys agree with me for once??

Grtz,
Kevin
No, you should get smashed in to pieces.
Why do you drive into them in first place ?

why do i get these comments in the first place?
well if u get pushed into them!!
if they where really moveable once... well.... err... doesn't see the point in changing that behavior.

regards
#6 - Renku
This is 2nd thread about the barriers in one day! And yes you should "fly" into the pits when you drive through them.
ok for extreme damage to the car, as a punishment for rude driving...
but why that spaceflight?
in my humble opinion, it's unnecessary.

regards...
(you may explain why you think so... thx)
i wish the barriers wouldnt be so bouncy and be more like walls, that barriers
Quote from micha1980de :
but why that spaceflight?
in my humble opinion, it's unnecessary.

The `spaceflight` isn't exactly programmed into the game is it? It's one of these things that will probably get fixed before S2 goes final but as we know Scawen doesn't often/ever take shortcuts. I'm sure if he really wanted to he could go down the route of other `21st century` games and basically make the car stop dead.
The devs haven't been working on collisions for a while, so just wait. S2 is alpha, they will get around to coding better collision detection and such eventually.
There are 10000++ threads on this, so kindly press the wee lil search button and be bothered to type in a few words.

Devs are working on this, so relax. Furthermore, if u get pushed into them all the time, there's another wee lil thread about the wrecker barricade. Read it patiently, it wont take you more than 3 mins of your precious time. Follow the instructions and report the fella, done.
+1 to the search function to be used
wheel4hummer those bubies are telling me "do you want these, Jonás?" :yummy: :heartbeat" ..... of course says Jonás
Quote from Scrabby :I really hate those barriers who let u fly weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee in the air....
so my suggestion is that like in S1 they just move and wont let you fly into the air. I hope u guys agree with me for once??

Grtz,
Kevin

I totally agree with you! it is not like we purposely run into the barrier. sometimes the car just slide or understeer into them. anyway lets just hope S3 have a better barrier system.
and an option for flight sim.
Holy mega bump batman! I mean LILSTIG... Anyway i agree on changing them, either to a movable barrier or make them like a wall.
Quote from Disposable :Holy mega bump batman! I mean LILSTIG... Anyway i agree on changing them, either to a movable barrier or make them like a wall.

Agree'd and im like Really suprised ... how the heck do they find out such old threads and then ... ahem ...

People find old threads by using the search function. If they'd made a new thread, guess what everyone else would have told them to do.
Quote from ChiliFan :People find old threads by using the search function. If they'd made a new thread, guess what everyone else would have told them to do.

Myea, but digging out such old threads isnt nice tho. They could check the posting date and use their brain that there actually isnt any use to reply in that thread. Just, to read it and thats it
maybe cuz its so old thay wanted to remind of what should be changed..

i would like the barriers to be kind of heavy and movable.

like when u hit them, it gives u damage and thay move a little bit..

but then its this..

is it light plastic or concrete ??

shit the same.. :P

i have said what i wanted said..

but if thats not an idea... then thay should be as just a normal wall..
Quote from Mr_Lonely :maybe cuz its so old thay wanted to remind of what should be changed..

i would like the barriers to be kind of heavy and movable.

like when u hit them, it gives u damage and thay move a little bit..

but then its this..

is it light plastic or concrete ??

shit the same.. :P

i have said what i wanted said..

but if thats not an idea... then thay should be as just a normal wall..

Myea, but well. Its suggested millions of times before. Dont have such hard time suggesting it again, because well ... updates ... :sadbanana
Quote from keiran :The `spaceflight` isn't exactly programmed into the game is it? It's one of these things that will probably get fixed before S2 goes final but as we know Scawen doesn't often/ever take shortcuts. I'm sure if he really wanted to he could go down the route of other `21st century` games and basically make the car stop dead.

I think we had discussion here on this. And in case of online play it is quite inevitable - your ping determines frequencie of packets updating car position. Therefore the always existing lag creates sharp car position update that in case of collision creates huge forces. What I would suggest is make barriers more elastic so they would absorbe those forces.
Quote from AndRand :I think we had discussion here on this. And in case of online play it is quite inevitable - your ping determines frequencie of packets updating car position. Therefore the always existing lag creates sharp car position update that in case of collision creates huge forces. What I would suggest is make barriers more elastic so they would absorbe those forces.

Wow ... its getting even worse, u replied to a post that was made in year 2007. Hoping for a reply or ... ?

Barriers
(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG