The online racing simulator
Meeting room
(27 posts, started )
Quote from OZRacing :Id like to suggest an idea with this as well
How about adding people together from the same area as well. This would reduce lag on many servers and make accidents less frequent due to lag.

I like this idea, hope it gets implemented sometime soon ^^

You can sort servers by ping
Quote from EQ Worry :Concerning lap time I'd like to note two things:

2 ) Lap time actually does not say much about driving style of the guy. So often I see really fast people causing immense havoc, either because they simply drive their line and do not care about anything else, or because they expect all slower cars will jump out of their way. And so often I see a bit slower drivers racing very sensibly, always knowing about their surrounding area, giving resistance when reasonable and letting go when obviously the resistace would lead to crash.

These are the reasons why I do not care much about lap time. However a framework for calling a freely accessible race (or series of short races) at specific combo at specific time and at specific server seems like a very good idea to me.

I just recently learned about this ranking thingie (im new after years of absense) and I must say that I am totally and utterly shocked. Surely there must have been better proposals on the table than this? Imho it would have been bad enough (yet tolerable) if it was account-bound. But to have it server-based is just....just.....I dont know! It doesnt make any sense to have to achieve the same thing over each time you happen to join a new server. Incomprehensible...

But since things are what they are (and I hope that reason will prevail in the end and this system is retired to the history logs), I do concur with EQ Worry: if AndRands suggesting in any way could be implemented, I hope it would serve as a suggestion for racing parties, rather than requirements. I have on numerous occasions finished higher than people lapping 1-3 seconds faster than me, and I put it all down to consistency. The longer the race, the better (for me).

It's one thing hotlapping, but come race day, there are many factors that can be an harnessed into an advantage and turn the table completely.

Meeting room
(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG