The online racing simulator
An idea, track related...
(6 posts, started )
Been thinking lately ánd i have some thoughts i want to bounce of someone. I have loads of thoughts and i will split it up into different posts to make it more readable.

We have actually 2 tracks in LFS that hardly never gets used... now i think its a shame since they are 2 very fun tracks.

It´s the South City sprint track 1 and 2, as we are aware these tracks do not have a pit. The reason is indeed that they are sprint tracks, meant for short races... but i do honestly believe that some sort of pit would make them more popular, atleast in leagues.

Sprint track 1.
This one would be the hardest since the "spawnpoint" isnt ideal for a pit area, it would cause some serious accidents since its right on a straight with no walls to shield the pits...

Now here is my idea.
The Red line indicicates the existing road that could be used for pits(it would need to be opened up), and green is that it has to be widened to make room for actual pit boxes.

Sprint track 2. Already have a small pit area, and i it is wide enough for boxes.. but not very long... but im sure a few boxes would fit there, actually there isnt to many people doing pitstop simultaniously anyways

Now what are your thoughs on this?
The next idea may be the hardest one so far... that is adding pit to layouts! now this can be done in a couple of different ways.

One would be to just make a pit area on the blackwood parkinglot and the autoX, not with walls and stuff... just som boxes on a corner or along the side...

Another would be to make it possible fo place the pitboxes like obects wherever you want. This would however be quite a feat to pull off and my guess is it could be quite buggy.

By adding pit´s to autoX people could construct an infinite number of tracks, and there would be no shortage of "content" trackwise... not for a good while atleast..

Whats your thoughts of this?
Why not just move the pits and the start/finish to the back straights of each circuit, thus giving lots of room for lots of garages?
Quote from tristancliffe :Why not just move the pits and the start/finish to the back straights of each circuit, thus giving lots of room for lots of garages?

I figured this was the "easy" way of doing it... without have to change to much on the tracks... you know using already existing parts...

The best would be like you said... makinga normal pit along the straighs of the tracks... just it would need the tracks to be remodeled at a large extent..
Quote :just it would need the tracks to be remodeled at a large extent..

therefore it's not a practical idea because it would take the devs 30-40 years to do such a large remodel
Quote from subeefan :therefore it's not a practical idea because it would take the devs 30-40 years to do such a large remodel

ololol ur so funny, buy a licence instead of sayng something u havnt even got taste from.

(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG