The online racing simulator

Poll : What's better - adapter or seperate wheel??

Closed since :
Seperate wheel
Adapter
(venom) Ps2 Controller To Pc Adaptor
Hey all,

I just bought this adapter (see link below) off of ebay and was wondering (if it works) is it better than having a separate PC-only wheel or using the adapter to use the PS2 one on the PC???

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayI ... wItem&item=8287394739
It's the wheel that matters, not how you connect it.
Quite obviously a new separate wheel or one that uses USB connector.

Wheels made for PS2/PSX using the normal playstation connector are all pretty much toys made for kiddies usage. Then there's the better lineup for PS2, which includes the Driving Force and the Driving Force Pro, both which utilize the USB connecter and can therefore be used also on PC.
But if i'm on a budget (which, at 14 years old, i am) do you think it will be ok for the mean time??
I actually got the adapter to work with my PS2 controller but sadly, it wouldn't work with my PS2 MadCatz MC2 Steering Wheel
i have the redoctane dual ps2 to usb adapter... but i cant get my pc to detect that i have my ps2 controller connected...
Quote from spsamsp :But if i'm on a budget (which, at 14 years old, i am) do you think it will be ok for the mean time??

You asked which one is better, and that's what we told you. It's not like Driving Force (not Pro) is a very expensive wheel these days, but it sucks from what I've heard. Of course it's better than anything that comes from MadCatz.
Quote from Gabkicks :i have the redoctane dual ps2 to usb adapter... but i cant get my pc to detect that i have my ps2 controller connected...

Have a little poke around the Control Panel - Game Controllers...?
yeah... it doesnt detect it there at all. it doesnt even make a sound when i plug it in
Quote from Gabkicks :yeah... it doesnt detect it there at all. it doesnt even make a sound when i plug it in

Have you tried different USB ports?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG