The online racing simulator
Six-speed gear shifter not working, but recognised
Hi, I did do some looking around for answers, looking in the LFS wiki and in the manual that came with my G25, but so far nothing has worked. LFS recognises when I use my shifter in the options (it comes up with the 'button' and its function), and they all seem to be assigned correctly. However, if I set the gear shift mode to 'shifter' in the options, the shifter does nothing in game, but the paddles at the back of the wheel work. Any ideas for getting the shifter to work? Thanks.
#2 - STF
Have you assigned the gears? Options > controls > gear shift mode : shifter. Then on the shifter tab, assign each gear to the corresponding button(gear) on your shifter.

Also, cars like FBM which have sequential gearbox.. will not work in H-shift mode.
They're all assigned correctly, yeah. If I can't use the shifter in certain cars, what should I use instead? I just experienced a situation (think it was in the FZR) where I couldn't use the paddles on the back of the wheel either, I simply could not change gear.
have you tried pressing the clutch?
Yeah, I've tried with the clutch and without it. Neither have any effect, but when I shift when in options the gear does show up and it shows that the shift is working.
Check your Logitech profiler, it could be conflicting with the in-game options.

Also, some of the race cars are sequential only, like the FXR (May not be the right prefix, its the racing FXO).

I use a very old Logitech wingman force3d as a shifter. It works great, and when I use a Race Car, it automatically switches me to my Wheels shifter.
Im having the same issues.. Ill try all that was suggested and see what happens.
Not sure how, but when I woke up this morning it decided to work, didn't do anything. Don't know what happened. Either way, thanks
I'm having a problem similar to this. The game recognizes that i have a G25, and but my clutch and H-pattern don't work, even though if i set my shifter to the sequential setting, it works. Please help, imma big newb lol.
Thanks! Got it working, very helpful.
It seems you tried to paddle shift a shifter car and shift a paddle shit car.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG