The online racing simulator
Help needed from good graphic designer
(12 posts, started )
hi!

i need help from someone who is good with graphics, to design a graphics kit, which it like paintwork, but in sticker form for karts.

if someone would be able to help then that would be great!

my MSN is [email protected]
#2 - ORION
I would like to make it, but it's not very possible atm (no time).
You should post more details so the other gfx ppl can imagine what's awaiting them, as it helps a lot to decide if it will be fun or not
well, i am looking to make a sticker set for a kart, sidepods, nose cone, nassau pannel etc, like this attachment.

i was thinking of mainly black and orange, but i really dont have a clue as to the shapes...
Attached images
Intrepid.jpg
you want someone to do the design for you or produce the vinyl decals? Not really clear from your post...
#5 - ORION
and it would be especially interesting how the shapes of those vinys will be in order to make them fit on the actual car body
well, i would like someone just to design the vinyl, sorry for my ambiguity, i dont know alot about the subject...

The shapes of the vinyl are basically the shapes of all of the faces of the bodywork (eg 2 for the nosecone, 2 for each pod and 3 for the nassau)

i am really only looking at the general design and i would fit the design onto the vinyl after...
Um will wouldn't it be better if you just have someone in here designing the stickers and logos you want and the vinyl and you take those to the nearest shop which can make the vinyl stickers for you from the graphics you provide them with?

If that is what you intended to say, i'm sorry that i didn't understand, but this is what is most logical to me.
Just having a designer make you some vinyl decals like in that picture attached wont help much... unless the designer knows how-to make the vinyl wrap properly around the bodywork and have it flow nicely (without wrinkles or wierd angles (even that kart has wrinkled stickers because it doesn't wrap right)).

Why not just find vinyl kits already made for certain kart parts or something? Would save any potential designer the painstaking process of creating print-ready graphics that will fit correctly on the car.

Just find some vinyl/sticker packages online or at a store somewhere, and slap'em on!
Get yourself an airbrush, they are not that expesive. I have a Badger Cressendo double action airbrush I picked up for $50 almost 15 years ago. It works excellent. Customize your graphics any way you want. Just need some thin tape and some paint. The picture you posted there would be very very simple to do.
this kit is for mass production

i will make a template for the kit, and hopefully some lovely person will be able to help me
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :well, i would like someone just to design the vinyl, sorry for my ambiguity, i dont know alot about the subject...

The shapes of the vinyl are basically the shapes of all of the faces of the bodywork (eg 2 for the nosecone, 2 for each pod and 3 for the nassau)

i am really only looking at the general design and i would fit the design onto the vinyl after...

Hi. uhhh you're going to want to fit the design on the vinyl FIRST not after
Also, I recommend 3M high performance vinyl, the #220 series. it's easy to apply
and more fade resistant than other vinyl brands.
You'll need a tape measure and will have to survey the dimensions of the parts you want the graphics put on. You can put the vinyl pieces on first then trim off
what you don't want, but LOL you might grow too big for the go-kart by the time you finish.
If you're going to apply the graphics on yourself, you'll need an Xacto knife,
a squeegie and most impotantly, a spray bottle with a mix of tap water and dish soap. I reccommend about two drops of soap to every liter of water.
YOu'll want to almost drown the back of the vinyl with the fluid so you can slide it around some to get it placed in the exact spot you want it at
You can buy application fluid, but it's the same thing. they just put fragrance in it to throw off users.

Oops almost forgot, you'll want application tape put on some of the bigger
pieces and you'll need some masking tape as well.

Uh with you being in the UK, you might wanna get a hold of a heat gun
as you almost always have bubbles or wrinkles somewhere during the installation DON'T poke holes in the vinyl get rid of the bubbles.
That hole may look microscopic when first done, but as the vinyl sets in, it shrinks some and that little pin hole gets real noticable.

There's several ways you can go about doing this and there are even that
many more techniques as well.

Oh well.... good luck
thanks man! but im not actually making the vinyl, just need to design it

that advise helps alot with little stickers, thanks dude

(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG