The online racing simulator
Quote :What if I were the clerk, should all other shut up then?

If you made that decision against me in an LFS league event or the real world I would appeal the decision and dig out the blue book, if the appeal wasn't upheld I would not return to the series unless I was contractually obliged too by a sponsor. That is how far out your judgement is.
#52 - col
Quote from chp101 :Both were on track and pretty much racing each other.

WRONG: Shaun was returning to the track, he still had not regained race speed or racing line before the collision.

Quote :
Q: Is there a fact of Shaun crashing / blocking anyone on his return to track?
A: No, he did return and chose his line safely. Outside line was free for Olddog.

WRONG: Shaun made an obvious attempt to block Olddog, and in doing so crashed into him
Quote :
Q: Was Shaun's return a dangerous move which luckily didn't create any mess?
A: Not in the particular case.

CORRECT Shaun's return WAS a dangerous one, but it DID create a mess
Quote :
1) There was a gap.

WRONG: there was not a safe gap
Quote :
2) It was almost a shortcut with full-accelerator.

WRONG: it was an off-track excursion caused by a previous aggressive and poorly executed overtaking manouver.
Quote :
3) It's impossible accuse Shaun in bad situation awareness. From what could be seen on replay - he was aware of gap, position to Olddog. So he didn't block Olddog on outside and went to 100% his/safe inside line.

If Shaun was fully aware of the situation (which i doubt), then he is even more guilty. From what was seen on replay he was aware of the fact that he had messed up, and wanted to get back on track ASAP with no regard for the 'safety' of any of the other racers.
As far as Shaun taking a safe inside line - are you even watching the same replay as everyone else ? Are you on powerful medication that makes you hallucinate ? - Shaun drove in a straight line, without turning (apart from one very slight correction), braking or releasing the throttle from when he was on the grass until after his collision. He certainly did not take an 'inside line'

Quote :
Then Olddog cut it. And that's a fault for sure.

Olddog made the best attempt at a pass he could of in the situation - he had every right to whatever line he wanted through that corner, and unfortunately for him and through no fault of his own, he was taken out by Shaun.

This is the last thing I will say on this topic - unless you can find some racers (who's opinion i respect) that agree with you, in which case i will rejoin the discussion - until then, adios my deluded fiend
Quote :This is the last thing I will say on this topic - unless you can find some racers (who's opinion i respect) that agree with you, in which case i will rejoin the discussion - until then, adios my deluded fiend

I agree with that (and everything else you said), I wont be giving the troll any more scraps...
Anyone else feeling really sorry for Shaun and Olddog by now?

(BTW, it was Shaun's fault! )

Serp.
yes... innocent little me didn't expect such an ongoing, vocal, pick to pieces session die thread die
Quote from Serpentine :Anyone else feeling really sorry for Shaun and Olddog by now?

Serp.

Yep, I also think this has gone on far enough.Considering that a certain persona is so hellbent on 'winning' the debate, that he will distort the facts to support his argumentation, and furthermore seems impossible to wear down with logic and reasoning..well, then you know you're up against a mighty warrior indeed.
Col & Becky realized that, and I think, made a wise decision in deciding to withdraw.

Before a new warrior enters the scene and we start all over, I think some mod should just put a lock on it.Let it die, proper.
Quote from chp101 :Take a deep breath and read as slow as possible.

..he should have kept tight to left and allowed olddog to pass. (c) Tyrion
..shouldn't keep tight to left, one should leave a line (c) me

..coz if a crash is happens its their fault (prolly) right ? (c) col
..to chose a line and not block-crash (c) me earlier

See, it's easy

2 kwijibo - there is no Aston in demo and there is no demo on my hdd

tried to resist it but cant.

1 i am tinvek not tyrion

cant be be bothered with rest
edited but it emailed me the unedited version

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG