The online racing simulator
Annoying "clock" sound
(27 posts, started )
Annoying "clock" sound
I tried searching the forums because I was sure this problem has been reported before, but I can't find anything about it. I have downloaded LFS before and not had this problem before. Its just a "timer" or "clock" kind of noise that goes off during a race or hot lapping. It also goes off in the menus. Any help is appreciated.
#2 - dadge
only happens in multiplayer? and when someone chats? could be the text sound. you can turn it down in your sound options.
Quote from dadge :only happens in multiplayer? and when someone chats? could be the text sound. you can turn it down in your sound options.

No, it happens anytime I'm not in the main menu, except when the "Options" menu is on. It even does it when I have the game paused.
#4 - dadge
i'm like a deer with no eyes then. no idea
#5 - Nick.
Does it happen when you press a menu button?
Quote from Nick. :Does it happen when you press a menu button?

It only does it in Single Player and Hot Lapping.
First I have no idea what "clock" or "tick" sound exists - never heard of it.

Second, I am confused; likely other people are as well.

"It happens anytime I'm not in the main menu"
"It only does it in Single Player and Hot Lapping"

Well those are different situations; I am assuming that you learned about the patterns as time went. However I really don't have anything else to help you. Possibly a fresh install. Make sure nothing else is running in the background of the computer.
I'll just try a fresh download. And yes, i did learn the pattern better as time went by, sorry for the confusion. I appreciate all the attempts to help.
Have you got the lfsworld.net webpage open while you drive? It refreshes itself automatically every 60 seconds and makes a click/tick sound as it does so.
Quote from Dik Dolan :Have you got the lfsworld.net webpage open while you drive? It refreshes itself automatically every 60 seconds and makes a click/tick sound as it does so.

Nope. It's definitely in the game.
maybe it's music? Turn it off.

I'd suggest you to try to turn off every sound separatly, and you'll find what it is.
Quote from KiRmelius :maybe it's music? Turn it off.

I'd suggest you to try to turn off every sound separatly, and you'll find what it is.

The music is off. But I haven't tried turning off any other sounds. It has done it since I downloaded the game.

This is probably a newb question, but if i was to re-download it, I'll still have my S2 license right? Sorry, I'm still somewhat new to PC games. I usually play on PS3.
Yes, you start off with 3 unlocks and you receive an additional unlock every friday up to a maximum of 2. Alternatively you could copy or move your .xyz files (the files that contain the licence information) into a backup directory and restore them into the new installation.

But before you do that, please follow SilverArrows77´s instructions and record the sound. It's rather unlikely that this is something a re-install will fix because it's unlikely to be a bug in the first place
#14 - senn
Sure it isn't a jammed key or button? Try unplugging your controllers, and see if it stops. Might be a stuck mouse or keyboard button too?

You would kinda get a click/ding sound repeated really quickly. It would really help if you could reocrd the sound and post it here, i've never heard of anything like this.
I cant figure out how to set it to capture sound from my soundcard?
Do you have Steam overlay opened?
#17 - CSU1
...is the tick...tick sound the same sound as the menu sound effect tick?
Quote from Shadowww :Do you have Steam overlay opened?

Not quite sure what that is? I'm not great with computers.
Quote from CSU1 :...is the tick...tick sound the same sound as the menu sound effect tick?

Nope.
Since it's been 4 days and still no-one knows what sound it is yet, can codyflick tell us if it is any of the sounds in this attachment below? Tell us the name of the file by playing each one in the attachment.

These are all systme default sounds in LFS zipped into one file
Attached files
all click sounds.zip - 252.2 KB - 188 views
Quote from JasonJ :Since it's been 4 days and still no-one knows what sound it is yet, can codyflick tell us if it is any of the sounds in this attachment below? Tell us the name of the file by playing each one in the attachment.

These are all systme default sounds in LFS zipped into one file

Its the Invalid Key. It keeps playing over and over in 1 second intervals.
Then i'd say a button is stuck, try checking if all buttons on your controller/keyboard work properly! ... but you should also have problems in windows then?
Not necessarily if it's a key on his wheel, joystick, etc....
Quote from codyflick929 :It only does it in Single Player and Hot Lapping.

Maybe the sound file for wind is destroyed / has malfunction and lfs try to play the file again and again. I would reinstall the sound folder,maybe then you get rid of this.

Edith says: Hotlap mode has no wind so maybe i should delete my post complete.
I'm thinking it has something to do with my keyboard. My Page Up, Page Down buttons messed up awhile back and I think that might be the cause of it. I am sure the problem will be gone once I get my new PC. I can live with it until then. I really do appreciate all the help guys. Special thanks to JasonJ for the sound files.

Annoying "clock" sound
(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG