The online racing simulator
#1 - Zay
problems with LFS(maybe wheel?)
Hey guys. Ever since I reinstalled my wheel I am having problems with it's pedals. Well, it works perfectly on the calibrating screen, but in LFS , the brake and throttle are fully stuck down when my actuall pedals are fully up, so my car SHOULD be idling, not fully applying throttle and brake and burning up clutch. even when I press the pedals I get no change.

so does anyone know why this is happenning?
zay
Yes mate, simply click on the Invert icon near the axes! (from 0 to 1, or vice-versa).

Regards!
#3 - Zay
Nope thats not working. when I do that both go down 2 normal but then when I press on the gas or brake nothing happens at all, but in the Axis/FF screen on LFS it is working fine, so I dunno whats wrong.
#4 - senn
Make sure in logitech profiler it isn't reporting combined pedals(should be a tickbox in there). Also make sure your pedal plug is in (they do sometimes come loose)

If the axis are working in windows, go to lfs, make sure you have calibration/axis set to unlocked, and see if you can get the pedals to work by looking at the axis graphs on the RHS of the controls menu (i think the pedals usually show up as something like Slider0 Slider1 and so on... after that its just a matter of assigning them
Quote from Zay :Nope thats not working. when I do that both go down 2 normal but then when I press on the gas or brake nothing happens at all, but in the Axis/FF screen on LFS it is working fine, so I dunno whats wrong.

Well that's odd. If they're both fine in the calibrating screen, then it shouldn't be a hardware problem. Have you tried any other racing software, in order to test it? Also, try creating a fresh LFS install and set up the wheel/pedals from scratch, so you can figure out if it's strictly LFS related.

I had a similar problem some weeks ago, but that was due to an incorrect driver version, since there's no Windows 7 driver for my wheel. Installing these drivers with the EXE file with XP compatibility fixed it.

Good luck!
#6 - Zay
Quote from senn :Make sure in logitech profiler it isn't reporting combined pedals(should be a tickbox in there). Also make sure your pedal plug is in (they do sometimes come loose)

If the axis are working in windows, go to lfs, make sure you have calibration/axis set to unlocked, and see if you can get the pedals to work by looking at the axis graphs on the RHS of the controls menu (i think the pedals usually show up as something like Slider0 Slider1 and so on... after that its just a matter of assigning them

Yes I think I know what the problem is! they DO work fine in the axis graph, just when I exit options i doesnt work. SO then that tells me that they arent assigned. Where would you assign them?
see to the left of the chart, there is the steering and such, well you click on the part you want to assign, and then click on the axis you want to assign it to

get racing soon mate
#8 - Zay
ty man that worked. But no, I dont have the new hardrive yet im just using my old wheel till I get the new hardrive.

zay
your welcome

and ok

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG