The online racing simulator
Under the hood of LFSTweak
(11 posts, started )
I would like to ask some questions to Fonnybone about LFSTweak.

Which coding language do you use? I've read Visual Basic, but I could be wrong
How does it work? I mean, like register editing or file-editing?
Are there con's about this way of editing? except the exit and start button :P

And if you would, I'd like to view the source with all respect and (if you give your permission) to build my own builds and release them

I'm a beginner with Visual Basic, but I hope to understand more with an advanced code

Greetings
It's editing the memory. LFS does not itself use the registry. Yea, I think it's in VB.
I highly doubt he will be giving away the source to anyone. Editing the memory is risky business if you dont know what your doing. Im fairly sure he doesnt even want people knowing that memory editing is how the tweak works :P
#4 - steve
hehehe
Yip, memory editing, VB6, never giving away the source (don't blame him). If you're a real beginner it's probably going to be over your head, I'm somewhat of a newbie in it myself....

Although I haven't seen it mind, it couple be like "whoah, that's easy", but who knows, eh?
Indeed, I talked with Fonny ages ago about letting me implement an algorithm I was working on to get LFSTweak to search for figures to generate desired HP/TQ settings (among other things). It seemed to work by hand, but he (rightfully so) wasn't so keen on sharing.

With my limited knowledge of memory editing via VB, making LFSTweak would be simple but somewhat time consuming. Fonny's probably found a faster way to locate addresses. Either that or he just spent a crap load of time on Tweak.
Quote from bugger :You can always use resource hacker or any other
Source raveling program on this it. (LFSTweaker).
For Example here is how it looks in "Res-Edit",
but there's many like it.

"Hex-workshop" works well.
http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/1906/55860520lx1.jpg

That is complete BS. You cannot tweak the cars by using a resource hacker. And, this is not some sort of mod-request forum
section.

Quote from sil3ntwar :Im fairly sure he doesnt even want people knowing that memory editing is how the tweak works :P

It is pretty obvious that it edits the memory.......
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Indeed, I talked with Fonny ages ago about letting me implement an algorithm I was working on to get LFSTweak to search for figures to generate desired HP/TQ settings (among other things). It seemed to work by hand, but he (rightfully so) wasn't so keen on sharing.

With my limited knowledge of memory editing via VB, making LFSTweak would be simple but somewhat time consuming. Fonny's probably found a faster way to locate addresses. Either that or he just spent a crap load of time on Tweak.

That algorithm sounds good, do you feel like sharing it? (By PM?)
Quote from Leifde :That algorithm sounds good, do you feel like sharing it? (By PM?)

:rolleyes: The math isn't that hard if you write it out by hand. LFS calculates power and torque (N/A) using the power, and powerband. If you just change the cartype (e.g. change GTR to min and max of 8 cyl, all of the engines will be 8cyl) then you can approximate the power and torque. Diesels have much shorter power bands then gas engines. That is why they have like 12 gears on big rigs.
Quote from Patrick v H :And if you would, I'd like to view the source with all respect and (if you give your permission) to build my own builds and release them

Bob made it pretty clear that LFS Tweak was only allowed to be released with a license check so don't expect to get much help as a demo user.

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG