The online racing simulator
5 Seconds Final
(34 posts, started )
#1 - Micha
5 Seconds Final
So here is the 5-Seconds-Final.

All movies here: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=64543

You have multiple votes.
This poll will be open for 2 days from now on.

I didn't expect so much entries and so I'm happy I came up with this idea.
In this thread we can talk about the future of "5 Seconds" Movies while we praise the very first winner.
Shall we go on with this contest using topics?
What do you want to change?

When I find the time, I will do the 5-Seconds-Video. But please be patient.

Thanks to everyone who participated.
I haven't quite voted as I am still watching the finalists. But I would like to say I enjoy you-tube more than Vimeo as far as bandwidth and other things are concerned; you-tube is more user friendly for my connection, and I don't like that I sit there waiting for vimeo to start playing only to :doh: myself and realize I need to hit the damn play button for it to start. . .

- This suggestion I suppose is all opinionated, since Vimeo allows you to download their video it is nice too. . .

On another note, congrats with the success, I tried a video editing competition a while back and it failed in complete disappointment but I am glad you found something that seems to have worked out quite well, good job!
My vote goes to >> nikopdr

Was hard to decide because the video of Commander was also good
#4 - Micha
The best thing about this competition is, that even "crappy edited movies" have a chance to win. It's the idea that counts! So everyone who has basic editing skills is able to take part and even win. I guess that, and the fact that the movie has to be very short, which force you to be creative, made this competition so sucessful.
Tarc!
Chilifan. Hilarious
#7 - Ndrew
Damn I can't decide But i guess in this case it's a good thing.
After quite a lot of thinking, I'll go with Micha. Not only for his video but the idea, and that idea brought us quite a lot of laughs (at least for me).
So.. thank you!
Niko, damm you. I just need to vote you, because that song is stuck in my head now
FireMike15
voted for thunderhead
Why is the poll multiple choice?

I voted for everyone apart from niko.
Quote from J@tko :Why is the poll multiple choice?

I voted for everyone apart from niko.

lol i voted for no one apart from niko
#13 - adin
Where is a Formula Renault onboard ?

nikopdr, Vegas Las and Woyta - my votes
#14 - Foqs
dzban!
Quote from adin :Where is a Formula Renault onboard ?

I never made the finals .
My vote goes for Tarc. Good job.
Voted for the non GTAL finish ones. First time i saw it, it was impressive then two people did it and it just became lame.
Good job for ruining a good thing.
Kinda crap that not everyone is in to vote for

Anyway I voted for Commander as his tbh is the only serious edit, most of the others sound clips or just pointless
Really surprised about the GTAL finish results. Sorry, but the last second of 5 is just a picture in both of them. Slow motion would be good, something like watching a JPG - no, sorry.

Voted for Niko. Memes rule
I think Ndrew and Tarc's entries deserve a mention too, very nice.
Quote from squidhead :Really surprised about the GTAL finish results. Sorry, but the last second of 5 is just a picture in both of them. Slow motion would be good, something like watching a JPG - no, sorry.

Voted for Niko. Memes rule
I think Ndrew and Tarc's entries deserve a mention too, very nice.

Sucks that you aren't in this list right?
Quote from G!NhO :Sucks that you aren't in this list right?

Are you trying to imply something like "look look squid is jealous" here?
If that's the point then - I'm not sure what kind of a creature you got imagined in that noggin of yours branded "Squidhead", but you're heavily delusional. I'm not only able to bash on crap, I also know when I'm producing one, thus eliminating all false hope to see my video in this poll.

Point you failed to see while reading my post though (as well as a lot of people that didn't), is that the trully "meh" GTAL videos in this poll are for some reason on top, while some creative videos are way down (And some of the good ones like the FZR doing a wheelie (great camera positioning) are not even in the top poll)
niko
-
(Micha) DELETED by Micha
Normally I keep quiet, but now I just feel like saying this:

Come on people! This is just for fun!
Always bashing and rating and "I would do it better"? Why? Respect everyone and his opinion. BTW It is not always necessary to say his opinion, sometimes it's better to just stay quiet. And I can tell by own experience that this rating-mentality can be really annoying. If you like something, tell it everyone, if you don't, well, what am I supposed to do. I watched this forum for a long time. People do work in their sparetime to show you something they like and hope to entertain you and some really put their "heart" into their creative work and some people just don't have other things to do than letting them down. Sad but true. To be creative is much more than just use this or that music while using this or that camera perspective. You have to go your own way. Don't follow the biggest lines all your life or the line will end some day. Listen to what people say if they are honest and not just pushing their own selfesteem by letting you down. And I can tell you that I always think twice before I post my own work here. Not because I cant stand critics, but because of not beeing tolerated to see and do things differently than the mainstream. And why always rate everything? This is good, this is bad...It is what it is. Sorry, but this is not my way of life. This competition is not about A vs B or looser and winner. It's about doing something together. Is this so hard to understand for us human beings? These words have been in my mind for a long time now. Think about it before telling everyone your beloved opinion.
Quote from squidhead :Are you trying to imply something like "look look squid is jealous" here?
If that's the point then - I'm not sure what kind of a creature you got imagined in that noggin of yours branded "Squidhead", but you're heavily delusional. I'm not only able to bash on crap, I also know when I'm producing one, thus eliminating all false hope to see my video in this poll.

Point you failed to see while reading my post though (as well as a lot of people that didn't), is that the trully "meh" GTAL videos in this poll are for some reason on top, while some creative videos are way down (And some of the good ones like the FZR doing a wheelie (great camera positioning) are not even in the top poll)

Ehhh............you probably didn't notice it was a joke.
#25 - Tarc
Quote from Micha :Normally I keep quiet, but now I just feel like saying this:

Come on people! This is just for fun!
Always bashing and rating and "I would do it better"? Why? Respect everyone and his opinion. BTW It is not always necessary to say his opinion, sometimes it's better to just stay quiet. And I can tell by own experience that this rating-mentality can be really annoying. If you like something, tell it everyone, if you don't, well, what am I supposed to do. I watched this forum for a long time. People do work in their sparetime to show you something they like and hope to entertain you and some really put their "heart" into their creative work and some people just don't have other things to do than letting them down. Sad but true. To be creative is much more than just use this or that music while using this or that camera perspective. You have to go your own way. Don't follow the biggest lines all your life or the line will end some day. Listen to what people say if they are honest and not just pushing their own selfesteem by letting you down. And I can tell you that I always think twice before I post my own work here. Not because I cant stand critics, but because of not beeing tolerated to see and do things differently than the mainstream. And why always rate everything? This is good, this is bad...It is what it is. Sorry, but this is not my way of life. This competition is not about A vs B or looser and winner. It's about doing something together. Is this so hard to understand for us human beings? These words have been in my mind for a long time now. Think about it before telling everyone your beloved opinion.

Very well said man, you are absolutely right...
This whole thing should be considered as a common thing that each gives their part to.
I like the idea that there was multiple choice, too, thus trying to ease the "competition" or "winner" edge of this whole topic.
Also it is true that with every posted video, there are always people who thinks about them as "good" or "bad", comparing them to already posted other videos ("not as good as xyz", "seen better" etc), instead of trying to enjoy them - every video is meant to be entertaining, not to be the best.

Keep up the good work, I appreciate your effort for keeping the community together/active with this collective thread.

It was really good to see what this "5 sec" idea triggered, diferent approaches.
- some simpy captured a moment
- some made it funny, entertaining
- some showed you can put much content in 5 sec

I wonder what's the future of this idea, if there will be installment of the "5 Sec" competition

5 Seconds Final
(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG