The online racing simulator
Quote from MadCatX :Can you take a look at the winsock tab in Autoruns? I am thinking a virus exploiting you connection that way. The startup section seems perfectly fine to me btw.

Yeah

*image fixed

Quote from MadCatX :
EDIT: Does your net connection work if you boot intp "Safe mode with networking? (press F8 few times before windows start to load). Can you export all info from Autoruns to some sort of text or HTML file? There is much more to windows boot than just those things listed on the "Logon" tab in Autoruns. It could be really useful to examine it..

Going to Try the Safe Mode w/ network, What you mean to export all info from autoruns? Like, The Everything Tab?

Thanks
Yup, that's exactly what I mean...
Quote from MadCatX :Yup, that's exactly what I mean...

Well, i couldn't export in html (i'm a n00b), but i saved in the Autoruns Format, ARN:

http://www.mediafire.com/?meo2omtwmxo

Thanks

"Does your net connection work if you boot intp "Safe mode with networking?"

Not Tested yet
Sorry Fellas, my Internet Card Just boom, and i was one week without internet

So, as i said before, i changed ISP, to MEO, but the Breaks Still... so, breaks are from the computer :S

bye
Quote from SparkyDave :Well, that looks like a few too many processes if you ask me

Sorry for this kind of BUMP, but that is nothing comparing to me. I have bunch more. When I maximize tskmngr on 1360x768, I have to scroll down to see all.
LFS working with no lags. Only sometimes when somebody else use Internet, or something runs in bckgrnd.
My specs:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ 2,6GHz
2GB RAM 667MHz
ATI Radeon HD4650 512MB
160GB HDD
No one want to help me anymore?

Still Lagging
Do you maybe use some program that limits your connection speed? (if it even exist )
I saw Firefox on your processes list, maybe it uses Internet, it's from Mozzila.
Maybe your Firewall blocks LFS or something, check Firewall settings in Control Panel.
If I come up with something else, I'll write it.
EDIT: I was looking on your list. Object Dock... Used it before, it slows PC. Not much, but does. Try disabling it, if helps, uninstall.
Quote from matijapkc :Do you maybe use some program that limits your connection speed? (if it even exist )
I saw Firefox on your processes list, maybe it uses Internet, it's from Mozzila.
Maybe your Firewall blocks LFS or something, check Firewall settings in Control Panel.
If I come up with something else, I'll write it.
EDIT: I was looking on your list. Object Dock... Used it before, it slows PC. Not much, but does. Try disabling it, if helps, uninstall.

i dont have fps Problem, i have more than 150 , but it breaks, lag breaks...

Already Tested with Firefox, Firefox and Object Dock off
Quote from RubenI :Thanks
I don't have so many thing in the Startup to config, but i've choosen only what is necessary to me, and it is the same... :\

When you say necessary, do you mean essential?

have you tested with everything in the startup list disabled as I suggested in #17?

feel if your cable modem is overheating? has it been rebooted recently? could there be any damage to any of the cables? or a loose connection. Check to see if the cable modems manufacturer has released any firmware updates?

Good luck.

SD.
Quote from RubenI :i dont have fps Problem, i have more than 150 , but it breaks, lag breaks...

Already Tested with Firefox, Firefox and Object Dock off

Maybe your connection isn't fast enough to transfer 150 FPS, try lowering.
I'm running 60 FPS, and I'm happy.

SD, if you disable all except essential prcesses, you can get some errors. Once I closed an process which was running under my name, not SYSTEM, after that, I had problems. Some stuff wasn't opening, Internet sucked, there were errors everywhere. I wouldn't touch some processes which I don't what they are.
Take a look at my running processes list. http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/5788/processes.gif
Quote from matijapkc :SD, if you disable all except essential prcesses, you can get some errors. Once I closed an process which was running under my name, not SYSTEM, after that, I had problems. Some stuff wasn't opening, Internet sucked, there were errors everywhere. I wouldn't touch some processes which I don't what they are.
Take a look at my running processes list. http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/5788/processes.gif

Yes I understand that, however as a test if you disable all, and the problem resolves, then you can re-enable all and start closing one by one, to find the culprit, I wasn't talking about services, just startup apps I think Ruben's problem could be anything from a BIOS setting to, damaged cable to simple overheating, I believe in trying to rule things out to get closer to the problem, its never easy on a forum to get an exact idea whats going on. a bit like a detective game

The other problm is everyones HW and SW is different, from what I've read in this thread, I imagine Ruben has other games on his PC and I would bet not all are "paid for" so his machine could be infected with all sorts of stuff too

SD.
Quote from SparkyDave :When you say necessary, do you mean essential?

have you tested with everything in the startup list disabled as I suggested in #17?

feel if your cable modem is overheating? has it been rebooted recently? could there be any damage to any of the cables? or a loose connection. Check to see if the cable modems manufacturer has released any firmware updates?

Good luck.

SD.

hum, it's impossible :P

For Two Reasons

When this Problem Starts, i Used TVTEl With Ethernet connection,

now i've changed to MEO, 5mb / 1mb, and i am connected by Wireless USD adapter because my Ethernet card just boom :P

so, can't be the cable or the modem

it is all new

_

And Yes, In my opinion, it is some infection, don't know if it is a game, because i only > Download < Stuff which i know from where it come ...

And Please, don't start killing me, because... Who Don't Download?

[]
Are you able to do a fresh windows install to another disk or partition? I think it's very likely that there is something in windows messed up. It's essenial to find out whether the problem is in your connection or computer. Borrowing friend's laptop to check this sounds like a good idea to me if new windows install is not possible.
Quote from RubenI :
so, can't be the cable or the modem

it is all new

Just to be clear, did an engeneer come and replace you cable modem?, so its a new different modem from the one you were using when the problem started?

Are you the only person on your network? or do you have other people in your house connecting to the same LAN ?

Great idea by Madcat, now that your conn is wireless you could even connect from a neighbours via laptop and check this problem (just ask them to install the demo for a quick test, they might become hooked on LFS.)

Good luck

SD.
Quote from SparkyDave :Just to be clear, did an engeneer come and replace you cable modem?, so its a new different modem from the one you were using when the problem started?

Are you the only person on your network? or do you have other people in your house connecting to the same LAN ?

Great idea by Madcat, now that your conn is wireless you could even connect from a neighbours via laptop and check this problem (just ask them to install the demo for a quick test, they might become hooked on LFS.)

Good luck

SD.

Yes yes
an Engineer installed all stuff, Modem/Router, the TV Box With HDD drive , all the cables are new,

i'm gonna ask my girlfriend for the Laptop, to try that, but i don't think it will be that...

Madcatx, hum, i need to think, and some time to save all the data i need, and then i Format C: ^^
I got this from the LFS Manual - FAQ. Sounds exactly like your problem.

Quote :
The game stutters/freezes approximately every 5 seconds while playing online and single player mode doesn't have this issue?

For some updating the Windows ACPI drivers has cured the issue. First backup all important data. Then go to device manager and expand the computer setting, and right click on Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) PC and choose update driver from the list.

source: http://en.lfsmanual.net/index. ... sn.27t_have_this_issue.3F
-
(RubenI) DELETED by RubenI
i don't understand, in Device Manager, i have

PC-01EC34318DC4, i expand him, and it shows all the stuff, Computer, Sound/video/gaming controllers, Keyboards, HDD's, etc. etc.

Where i Should Open and Update?
Quote from RubenI :i don't understand, in Device Manager, i have

PC-01EC34318DC4, i expand him, and it shows all the stuff, Computer, Sound/video/gaming controllers, Keyboards, HDD's, etc. etc.

Where i Should Open and Update?

This is a screen cap of my Hardware manager. I would guess it's this one (see attachment).
Attached images
acpi.JPG
Quote from RubenI :No one want to help me anymore?

Still Lagging

try to disable the SUPERAntispyware Task, this one looks like being the problem, i don´t know why, but the name looks like "SUPER-LAG-CAUSING-THINGY", i think it is adware, which uses your bandwidh
Quote from matijapkc :Maybe your connection isn't fast enough to transfer 150 FPS, try lowering.
I'm running 60 FPS, and I'm happy.

Uhm.

lolwut?

Position is transferred at rate defined by server config, which can't be more than 6 for internet servers and more than 12 for LAN servers.
Quote from Bansky :try to disable the SUPERAntispyware Task, this one looks like being the problem, i don´t know why, but the name looks like "SUPER-LAG-CAUSING-THINGY", i think it is adware, which uses your bandwidh

started before i installed that any spyware, and the name is real, he is very effecient
You may have the same problem I have with ISP, connection speed is good but connection latency is too large to play. Got to speedtest.net and run a test; what is the average ping/latency it gives you? You should run this test several times over the course of a week to get a good average but still.

My average is between 800ms and 1400ms. Which means there is no way in hell I can play LFS even with a connection that can download 300mb in 30minutes. For games it is not always speed that counts, actually most games try using as little bandwidth as they can. But what hurts more is latency.

Good luck.
Quote from blackbird04217 :You may have the same problem I have with ISP, connection speed is good but connection latency is too large to play. Got to speedtest.net and run a test; what is the average ping/latency it gives you? You should run this test several times over the course of a week to get a good average but still.

My average is between 800ms and 1400ms. Which means there is no way in hell I can play LFS even with a connection that can download 300mb in 30minutes. For games it is not always speed that counts, actually most games try using as little bandwidth as they can. But what hurts more is latency.

Good luck.

15ms

i have Grade A on PingTest
Quote from RubenI :

Well, When i enter in a Server, i play normally, but with 5 or 6 seconds, breaks, isn't Low Fps, it is just a simple break, but annoying...
Continue playing, after some time, i start lagging like hell :| i see everyone like ' Latency ' , and i can't play with that, because i " Fck " all the server xD .
this only happen in LFS ! But, Sometime before, it was everything okey...

I have the exact same problem, and yes the FAQ says to update Windows ACPI driver, but when I do this I am told that no never version could be found when searching online, so that won't fix things.

I had no problems on same hardware for years with Demo, and no problems for 2-3 days with S2.. Then suddenly every time I join a game (not when singleplayer) i get lag, and 5-6 second timeouts, where everything freezes including sound.

I tried many things, disabling antivirus, closing CPU extensive tasks, updating AMD CPU driver.

I have a little bit suspicion on free-track.net which I installed (and uninstalled again). It seemed to re-install direct x, aswell as something to do with SSE2. But I reinstalled direct x 9.0c after and still the same problem.

So, help! If not only to get my money back? :-p
We will be glad to help, but we need a bit more info. What are your PC's specs? What kind of internet connection do you have? What OS are you running? It would also be helpful if you described the problem with your own words. Is it just severe lagging that you're experiencing, or does the whole game freeze for a while?

In this thread I suggested Rubeni to start windows in diagnostic mode. Doing so is very helpful when you're trying to track down some background application that is crippling your system, so if you can try this, please do it

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG