The online racing simulator
Skins: What size should it be eh?
Ok ive designed a skin, but i have had a skin from someone else that is 2048x2048 and they have uploaded it onto LFS.

of course im S2 not demo racer but why can they upload it when they can only be 1024x1024?

but every time i go and place this it looks shit? even though its a very good quality?

BTW this SKIN is privet & my first ever skin! And should not be used as its a copyright to myself.
yes i have had the go ahead to edit the body kited Default skin

here she is.

http://i266.photobucket.com/al ... -colton/XRT_PRSWDRIFT.jpg
Heres how you do it.

Before you start making the skin, make the base the size you want (2048x2048 for example).

After you have done everything you want to do to it, resize the skin down to 1020x1024 and save it with the correct name, for example XFG_thisismyskin.

Upload the skin to LFSW.

After you have uploaded the skin, hit the "undo" button, and this should put the skin back to 2048x2048 (or whatever size you had it before then). Then, save the skin again with the same name, and overwrite it. Then load the skin in LFS, and Voila! Your done.

P.S! If you have already saved the skin after sizing it down to 1024 and closing the program and then re-open the program, stretching it back to 2048 wont work and the quality will be terrible. You can only do it by UNDOING the previous resizing while the program is still open.
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :1024 is lfs standard size.. 2048, is paid download..to upload to lfsw you pay for 2048 skins and 1024 is the correct size if not paid for

That was said by the Wizard.
Thats when you download other peoples skins. To see there skins in high res, you need to pay for high res downloads.

I have never payed for high res downloads, but i can still use skins in 2048x2048 or higher.
#5 - J@tko
Quote from matijapkc :That was said by the Wizard.

That's wrong.

You upload 1024^2 skins whether you pay or not.

Hi-res paid downloads are 1024^2, "normal" lo-res skin downloads are 512^2.

EDIT: ^ and "your" skins are in whatever res you made them if they're in your skins folder.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Heres how you do it.

Before you start making the skin, make the base the size you want (2048x2048 for example).

After you have done everything you want to do to it, resize the skin down to 1020x1024 and save it with the correct name, for example XFG_thisismyskin.

Upload the skin to LFSW.

After you have uploaded the skin, hit the "undo" button, and this should put the skin back to 2048x2048 (or whatever size you had it before then). Then, save the skin again with the same name, and overwrite it. Then load the skin in LFS, and Voila! Your done.

P.S! If you have already saved the skin after sizing it down to 1024 and closing the program and then re-open the program, stretching it back to 2048 wont work and the quality will be terrible. You can only do it by UNDOING the previous resizing while the program is still open.

Thanks dude. But im very confused.

-where is LFSW? that where i upload the skin right? LFSdesktop

-So ive made one file which is 2048x2048 Yeah and thats saved as XRT_Myskin

-Then i need to resize that yeah? To the above 1024x1024?

-what do you mean by Undo? and on LFSdesktop i upload the 1024 x1024 skin ? then place the 2028x2048 Skin in the LFS skins data part on my comp?

CONFUSED.
Ok then so make it easy how to i pay for the High res skins? will this mean that i can upload high res ones?
LFSW can be found HERE.

Open the program you used to edit the skin, so Paint.NET for example. Open up your skin file (The one in 2048x2048) and then resize the skin to 1024x1024. After you have resized it, save the skin with the same name, over writing the 2048x2048 one.

KEEP THE PROGRAM OPEN AND DO NOT CLOSE IT. Goto the "My Online Car Skins" section on the LFSW Desktop, and upload the skin which you have just resized. After it has successfully uploaded, go back to your editing program and press UNDO (It will be either Ctrl+Z or in the toolbar somewhere), this should put the skin back to it's previous state.

Then, save the skin again with the SAME NAME and overwrite it. Then, once you have loaded it in LFS, everyone who has the high resolution downloads should be able to see the high resolution skin when you play online.

EDIT: No. You do NOT have to pay to upload high res skins and use high res skins you have downloaded. You will only need to pay if you want to see everyone elses skins in high resolution.
Basically you need two versions of your skin.

2048 x 2048 version goes in your skin folder

1024 x 1024 Is used to upload to lfsworld

@badboy, you can only upload 1024 x 1024, paying for hi res skins means you download other peoples skins at 1024 x 1024 instead of the normal 512 x 512
Now i understand. Maybe i should just make it easy and pay? its only £1 and i dont mind long as it will allow me to go and upload bigger images

thanks everyone

PS. if i pay the asking price within the LFS rules would this mean i can then save my high res skins on my LFSW?
You get it wrong.
If you pay you will be able to see other ppls skins in 1024x1024 if you dont pay it will be 512x512.

If you want to upload your skin you save skin in 1024x1024 and upload it to lfs world in 1024^ resolution.
PPl who payed for skins will see your skin in 1024^ the rest of the ppl who didnt pay will see it in 512^

If you put your skin in 2048^ in your skin folder you will see your skin in 2048 in offline and online but it will be only for you.
The rest of the ppl will see skin you uploaded in 1024^ and skin names must be the same as in your skin folder.
-
(GAVD999) DELETED by GAVD999 : beaten
-
(Nathan_French_14) DELETED by Nathan_French_14
Quote from J@tko :That's wrong.

You upload 1024^2 skins whether you pay or not.

Hi-res paid downloads are 1024^2, "normal" lo-res skin downloads are 512^2.

EDIT: No, you're wrong nathan.

Max download size is 1024^2.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG