The online racing simulator
Green Hill - Westhill Offroad
(3 posts, started )
I made this layout for large grid rallycross racing, it works very well with all the road cars, setups are quite easy to make too. All you need to do is use a Westhill setup and change to knobbly tyres and maybe soften the suspension a bit. I called it Green Hill because most of it is on grass. The one really tricky corner is the one at the chicane, you need to treat it more like a hairpin, it's not one that you can straight line from a wide entry, especially with knobbly tyres.

Attached images
Green1.jpg
Green2.jpg
Green3.jpg
Green4.jpg
Green5.jpg
Green6.jpg
Green7.jpg
Green8.jpg
Attached files
WE1_Green Hill.lyt - 4 KB - 363 views
Thats really good fun!

I had a little first go of it in an RB4 using the standard rallycross setup but with knobbly tyres, and i f--ked up on the bit you warned about as well, i SO nearly got away with it too!

Practice makes perfect i guess, this is fun!
Attached files
greenhill attempt.spr - 100.1 KB - 185 views
Quote from danthebangerboy :SO nearly got away with it too!

I was going to open up the exit of the turn, but that would make all the corners quite open and fast, and the track needed a place to overtake. Here is a replay of some laps I did, apart from the mistake on lap 2 this is pretty much how I think you should drive the track, at least the fastest way I've come up with so far. Obviously the trick is to avoid the gravel as much as possible, but you can use it too, you can use it as braking if you're making a pass.
Attached files
Green Hill fast.spr - 189.6 KB - 164 views

(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG