The online racing simulator
Travis Pastrana Flies...
(83 posts, started )
Travis Pastrana Flies...
...in a Subaru Impreza, 269 feet in the air and into a barge to celebrate the New Year. He beat Ken Block's 171 foot jump too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5N7R9Wbe_E

If I had known it would happen, I would've driven to Long Beach to see it.
#2 - senn
expensive to partially wreck the car like that....i was looking at it thinking why not put a giant air bag or some kinda cushion between the wall + car to decelerate him in that short distance. Looked awesome tho hahaha
Looks like the run-off area was a BIT short.
I'm not saying it doesn't take balls to do it, or that there is no chance something can go wrong;

But people need to remember this stuff is proven that it works. The risk is quite minimal, if everyone is doing their jobs correctly, and wind conditions are not severe- which they usually shut these things down when the wind is severe. That said, reread my first statement; it still takes balls, and there is still chances stuff go wrong.

Anyways, I agree the run off area was very short.
Quote from blackbird04217 :I'm not saying it doesn't take balls to do it, or that there is no chance something can go wrong;

But people need to remember this stuff is proven that it works. The risk is quite minimal, if everyone is doing their jobs correctly, and wind conditions are not severe- which they usually shut these things down when the wind is severe. That said, reread my first statement; it still takes balls, and there is still chances stuff go wrong.

+1

I actually thought the jump into the water at the end was more dangerous because that apparently wasn't pre-planned.
Hah, agreed. Did you see all the jetski's fly over to him like immediately? Like someone was going to jump in water if they couldn't swim. (Though that said I don't think it would be easy to swim very long in that suit!)
#7 - G!NhO
Amazing.
Quote from blackbird04217 :which they usually shut these things down when the wind is severe.

You obviously don't know much about Pastrana.
No, I used to follow more of this stuff but slowly grew out of it or something. Not saying its not interesting to me still, just not a huge follower of any sort of extreme sports any more.

Also - my comment wasn't about Pastrana either, it was more about jumping distances.
Quote from zeugnimod :Looks like the run-off area was a BIT short.

Agreed. That kinda shocked me at the end. Well done to Travis though.
Yes, it was about jumping distances...but it was in reference to pastrana doing said jump.

I'd bet money on the fact he would have jumped it no matter how strong the wind was. He likes to put on a show for people
I agree, it's not that hard. I'd love to do it too, even with that short run-off area
tbh i bet they made that short run-off area on purpose to make the excitement even higher
anyway superb show, thanks for sharing

btw. gotta love these American commentators, men have flown a car xD

edit: I love that car livery too
Nice, he is crazy.
definately good stuff but id kick his nuts for crashing the car
Marius I'd kick your nuts for kicking his nuts
Then.. wait, lets just steal the goddamn car
I down with that
you'll got to fix it later though :P
Wouldn't mind that little front damage i mean, the car is more worth than the damage so its ok
me nether, come down to my place, we'll have crazy runs around my place with it. Remember those nice roads I got?
Oh yeah you showed me that video, that was nice, i guess the gearing needs to be longer though. You might reach 200+ with 4WD
we won't take that wide part yo, 170k will be enough imo

what do you think, what speed has he got here before jump?
I guess its around 120-140 or something, i mean thats like 80 meters so its quite a lot to jump
hmm it's a 10 sec acceleration with 300 bhp car, ok imma fire lfs to check that out
Mh rally car needs <3s to 100 but those are gravel tyres so i guess about 4.5-5 seconds so taking that x2, taking 50% would be 150km/h which would be quite realistic

holy shit i am so hungover
yea, that's more like it, my test says 160 (100 mph)
but it's probably 150, road is quite bumpy & shizzy tires

Travis Pastrana Flies...
(83 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG