The online racing simulator
Quote from DevilDare :I think I started off with Megane. Is that even one of the starter cars?

No, it isn't afaicr
I lied. It wasnt the Megane.

It was a Clio V6.
haha spectacular. The cars don't seem to have much "weight" tho once they're in the air, and when they land on other cars..interesting

No, your right Senn. When in the air, the cars do not have much weight. I don't know if you can see it in the video clip, but the yellow car lands on the blue MX5 which fully compresses the suspension.

It's the same story when jumping. The cars seem to be able to get off the ground very easily, even if the jump is small. When they land, they also land very softly with no fuss at all, but the sounds (bumpers cracking, etc.) make it sound like the landing is harder than it actually is.

Luckily, the cars weight seems to be pretty spot-on when driving.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :
Luckily, the cars weight seems to be pretty spot-on when driving.

It feels pretty good when playing, but I've felt from the start that things aren't spot on because of the replays. It's like everything is turned down too low, tyre grip, weight, inertia. Quick changes of direction in road cars are where it's most noticeable imo, although there isn't enough pitching in heavy braking either, I feel.
Quote from BlueFlame :No, it isn't afaicr

It is a nice car thow its mid engined but its not actualy that twitchy not at al tbh its very stable for a MR machine.
Quote from sinbad :It feels pretty good when playing, but I've felt from the start that things aren't spot on because of the replays. It's like everything is turned down too low, tyre grip, weight, inertia. Quick changes of direction in road cars are where it's most noticeable imo, although there isn't enough pitching in heavy braking either, I feel.

I've only played the demo so far (USPS doesn't deliver on sundays :|) but it does seem that way, especially in corners. hmmm
That's strange. While I'm not saying i disagree with you, i can definitely notice the cars weight shifting about when taking corners, especially in FWD's as you will notice that on alot of them (The JCW Mini Cooper S does this alot.), one of the rear wheels will lift on heavy cornering, and the corresponding front corner will dip down, which is pretty realistic.

One thing that does bug me a little about FM3's weight physics, is the weight transfer when doing drift transitions. If you have a car with standard or soft suspension, then the weight transition seems pretty realistic in the way the car will "bounce" as you skid to a stop. As soon as you put race suspension on however, the cars seem to have no body roll at all. This would probably be the case if it was something light like a Honda Civic with race suspension, but i think that any type of suspension would struggle to stop my drift Porsche Cayenne from having any sort of body roll. It weighs over 2 tonnes IIRC.
So i finally rented fm3 and i have to say i'm not as impressed as I thought I would be. Everything seems perfect, but when playing with the pad there is one glaring problem. There is no steering feel AT ALL. Steering just feels completely dead and unresponsive in all cars. It managed to make a lotus exige feel like a dump truck. Are there controller/sensitivity settings I dont know about? I first tried getting rid of the steering deadzone but that just made it too touchy which is bad when the wheel turn is too slow to correct. Someone please help me find the silver bullet that will make this game feel better with the pad! I don't have room/money for a fanatec wheel
unfortunately its part of the tradeoff of the 360's inability to run a proper FFB wheel like the g25/27 etc. just go into the corners a bit slower, and that generally helps
Quote from DevilDare :I lied. It wasnt the Megane.

It was a Clio V6.

That's not a first car either...

Starting to get completely into the groove of FM3 now, the AI seem to be much more courteous and once you figure out you can just use the "Event List" instead of the "Season Play" function the whole game is alot better. Have to say there are a few cars that are really really good, Seat Léon Supercopa and the Lexus IS-F are two of them, really planted cars, the Leon is FF but you wouldn't really know it, it feels like a 4WD and the Lexus is pretty much perfect as stock but with race springs, or even without, you can get the balance between oversteer and understeer so easily, the only downside to the Lexus is it has 8 gears and nothing to do with them, you generally only get to 5th gear and even then you're bogging a bit.

Still, a tuned up an NSX GTR which is fantastic get some nice dorifto with it but it's also very stable and a bullet in a straight line. Also Tuned up the California, got 900bhp out of it, but the car isn't nicely balanced to begin with, so the extra power just isn't really useful at all.
I have found a couple of really nice standard cars to drive, the '96 Corvette GS is my current "squeeze"
Quote from BlueFlame :That's not a first car either...

Meh... Whatever....

I started off with the Fiesta.

The little Clio V6 however, lasted me a long time with barely any tuning done to it.
Quote from danowat :I have found a couple of really nice standard cars to drive, the '96 Corvette GS is my current "squeeze"

haha yeah i bought one right after I drove it for the first time. I put on some tires and mild performance upgrades and won a few races that the announcer guy said "your car will not be competitive blah blah blah"
Quote from flymike91 :haha yeah i bought one right after I drove it for the first time. I put on some tires and mild performance upgrades and won a few races that the announcer guy said "your car will not be competitive blah blah blah"

Turn the AI up to high and he is probably telling the truth
Quote from flymike91 :haha yeah i bought one right after I drove it for the first time. I put on some tires and mild performance upgrades and won a few races that the announcer guy said "your car will not be competitive blah blah blah"

Nah if you have something thats really light with some power mods it generally tells you it won't be competitive, if it has a lowish PI for that race series. Even with the AI on hard, you can still beat them by a good few car lengths, if you have the right setup, even if the PI is a bit down.
Helps if the car is suited to that kinda track tho
My final video of 2009. This time the theme is: Tsuiso (twin drifting/tandem).Enjoy the video and a happy new year everyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ1VnOY-oYs

Drivers:
kamkorPL ([SAIKO^D] Kamkor) (Yellow s14 and altezza)
TRC DIS Kami (Purple AE86, E36, S14, red S15, blue Lexus)
GFX Bu11et (R32)
BLKJ SaNTi (350GT)
Hey Kamkor, very nice vid you got there. I wanted to tell you something. I bought LFS back in 2007 after seing Saiko D: Sleepy Dragons video. And yesterday I bought a Xbox 360 after seing your video Forza 3 Drift: Maximum Angle & Speed. Thanks for being so dedicated to gaming, you're making me discover new things and I actually enjoy to watch your videos, a lot.

I got a question to whoever wants to answer: What's a good steering wheel to use with Xbox 360? I heard only MS wheel is compatible but I wanted to ask before I buy anything.
Quote from Riders Motion :I got a question to whoever wants to answer: What's a good steering wheel to use with Xbox 360? I heard only MS wheel is compatible but I wanted to ask before I buy anything.

They don't exist.
The reason you can't use g25/27 etc on the 360 is due to the way the 360 does FFB. IIRC PC's can do both kinds (forget the names) but it's essentially Computer based FFB, or Controller based FFB. IIRC, the 360 uses controller based FFB, whereas the g25/27 use computer based.

It's something along these lines, i was reading up to see if i could use the g25 with the 360, sadly i cannot. There isn't even an addon/inline control system. So i think you're stuck with either the fanatec(i THINK these work with the 360?) or MS wheel.
there is one fanatec wheel that works with it
Alright so I have to return the game today so I came to a final conclusion on fm3. There are many elements that are wayy beyond fm2 such as graphics, car/track selection, maybe physics but honestly I couldn't see a drastic difference from fm2. There are some parts that were a definite step backwards, one of which is the heavy and slow steering when using controller, which I assume a vast majority of players use. I was borderline disgusted to see a car like the porsche 944 which is so lively and balanced in fm2, wallowing into heavy understeer in fm3 in the same turns at the same speed on the nurburgring. In (I guess) an attempt to make the game easier for controller users, they seriously dumbed down the automatic steering and throttle control. For example I drove the 1970 GTO around the nurburgring in both games. fm2 time: 9:10 fm3 time 9:47. I'm not bitching that my lap times were worse, I'm saying driving the american heavies is all about managing and using oversteer to your advantage, but in fm3 it is almost impossible to make the cars oversteer simply by flooring it mid turn in first or second gear. Even the shelby cobra which is literally next to impossible to control in fm2 is tamed considerably in fm3. Maybe the dumbed down steering helps the majority of forza 3 players, but it only made the experience less realistic for me. I'll be sticking with forza 2 since I don't play online anyway.
hahaha the cobra in fm2 yeah i remember that, it was a pig to control standard, then i did all the engine/suspension mods....was like driving on ice, even with gentle throttle application..

Forza Motorsports 3
(3388 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG