The online racing simulator
Development Blog
(27 posts, started )
Development Blog
i think LFS players need development blog to know whats makeing in the background when we playing and spamming forum for scirocco.

Do you need it?
Yes.

I really would like to see how things goes on.
News is posted when there is something to tell. Any regular blog would quickly get repetitive and boring. Just like popular server combos.
I don't think there would be much to blog about.
If it would work out. Of course
Waste of valuable development time :twocents:
Would be nice to have something like Wolfire Blog for example.
Not a good idea, the developers would post the same as they do at lfs.net now.
so 1track and 1car new in s3?
Quote from Bob Smith :News is posted when there is something to tell. Any regular blog would quickly get repetitive and boring. Just like popular server combos.

No. You are ridiculously wrong. How can you pretend to have enough insight to know that everyone would find regular developer oriented updates repetitive and boring?

Can you provide a single example of a development blog that is repetitive and boring and of no interest to people who care about the product? Would you consider a blog like Carmack used to do to be repetitive and boring?
Oh damn. I wish Scawen was more verbose with his progress reports so that the currently yelling players keep their mouth shut about the development of LFS.
What are you doing OP?
Go read all the news and posts the devs have written during the last year.

Apparently you haven't been paying attention to the posts of the devs at all if you think this topic is necessary.
Don't worry I bet developers are not worried about stuff you're posting on these boards. I mean it's Christmas and New Year! They are having a great time in Hawaii right now. Massages all day long and parties through the night. Drinks served by exotic girls. Surfing, beaches, sun ...either that or working their ass off to get the damn patch ASAP to the whining nerds and people who actually like LFS.
What would these guys do if development of LFS was officially stopped? Would they shut up? I mean come on there's so much to do other than whining over the internet. Don't get me wrong though, I can't wait for the patch too but nothing's going to change if you post useless complaints.
er...

...what's deverlopment?!
There was already a thread! It was bumped a while a go!

The title is almost exactly the same, check the other threads suggested please.
#20 - Dac
A twitter page would be good, even if it was just something a couple of cryptic words about that hour/day/week/months work at least we could speculate about it and feel like somethings actually happening
I dont understand the stiff opposition for the idea.

Nobody HAS to write news every day but were talking about slient periods which last several months. Suggesting people to check Scawens posts in this forums is fairly counterintuitive also. Finding something refering to the current state of development from his posts isnt exactly easy if you just want to "check whats new" for a couple of minutes (because most of his posts are related to bugfixing and sometimes tend to be heavy on technical jargon which the majority of users wont understand).

"LOL FAIL" doesnt help either because some people really are in the black when it comes to news in LFS development (I mean, people had to ASK for a news update on the front page of lfs.net).

I think an official blog which occasionally mentions what the devs are doing (is Eric even alive? what is Victor doing?) or perhaps discusses how a game is developed in general and what problems occur or may occur (the debates about physics and whatnot are quite interesting in this forum). Theres no need to spend a whole day on the blog... even occasional 15 minutes of the devs time would be plenty.

Black Mesa Source has a twitter channel for example... granted they do post some old material (like videos of earlier builds of effects and guns)... but you get an insight into the development and know that they are still busy.
here it is: www.lfs.net
New comments regularly - once a month
"no"

Taking even more time away from the developers just to please the impatient people will only make you wait longer.

Go out, live, be. Just don't sit inside all day waiting for an update on a racing sim.
I can't believe nobody's thought to ask for a development blog in 8 years.... oh wait
Quote from Bob Smith :News is posted when there is something to tell. Any regular blog would quickly get repetitive and boring. Just like popular server combos.

I'd have to disagree Bob.... blogs only become boring based on the speed of any update! In iRacing, having updates about what's coming up really helps, is very much not boring and lacks repetition......

However, as the development team have said.... updates will be here whenever they are..... and when they come we will play

Development Blog
(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG