The online racing simulator
Dual screens
(11 posts, started )
Dual screens
I just got another monitor today and idk how to set it up with lfs. Please Help
If you're using Vista/Windows 7.. you're SOL without using something like a TH2Go or SoftTH.

Essentially, the monitors need to be setup as a "span" mode. Something Vista and 7 took away, and the only way to do a span is with those mentioned items.
looks like im gonna bribe parrents to buy me xp if i dont have it lyin around somwhere -.-'

or how do i set up softth for 2 monitors?
I dunno how, but I know that's what you haffto do.
nvm got it to work with ultramon

untill next week my monitors are unlvl -.-' im supposed to be getting another one that matches the one i got today
#6 - WIGGA
Have a trippe Screen Setup on Win 7 Professional x64 and Win Vista Ultimate x64. But I cant figure out how to set them right. I think the only way to do this is with a Trippe Head 2 Go or the new Eyefinity by AMD/ATI...
Quote from WIGGA :Have a trippe Screen Setup on Win 7 Professional x64 and Win Vista Ultimate x64. But I cant figure out how to set them right. I think the only way to do this is with a Trippe Head 2 Go or the new Eyefinity by AMD/ATI...

have u tried ultramon?
nVidia's span mode seems to have been removed from their drivers now, even in WinXP. Looks like I'll have to change to ATi

I couldn't get SoftTH to work for 2 monitors, keeps looking for a 3rd.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :If you're using Vista/Windows 7.. you're SOL without using something like a TH2Go or SoftTH.

Essentially, the monitors need to be setup as a "span" mode. Something Vista and 7 took away, and the only way to do a span is with those mentioned items.

I don't get this?
It is not in the driver settings any more, but I do run dual monitor in span mode without problem in Win7 ultimate 64bit, I just select the span mode where you setup the resolution of the screen...or do you mean something else?
Quote from Framaris :I don't get this?
It is not in the driver settings any more, but I do run dual monitor in span mode without problem in Win7 ultimate 64bit, I just select the span mode where you setup the resolution of the screen...or do you mean something else?

You need a 5000 series ATi (Eyefinity) to be able to span in Vista/7 afaik.
Yeah sorry I got confused with expended desktop and span mode, The difference is that two spanned half-monitors are treated as one physical monitor which allows full screen for games on video...That said I use expended desktop with lfs in windowed mode and it seems to work quite ok for lfs since multimonitor support...

Dual screens
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG