The online racing simulator
Lost Connection to Host
(4 posts, started )
Lost Connection to Host
Hey Guys,

The last few days I've been getting the "Lost connection to host message". It's very frustrating, I'm not to sure whats brought it on. My ping on the servers I join is between 40-50ms usually.

I have tested my bandwidth and that hovers between 4MB/s - 5MB/s. Its so annoying because I join and I can see a race going on and after about 5-10 secs I get the error message.

The only thing I can link is it only happens between 6pm and 9pm(ish). My ISP is BT and I know they throttle connections at peak times. But at this time I can still happily get 300-400KB/s. I'm not downloading when this happens.

Any Ideas?

Cheers.

EDIT - After looking at this a little more I'm finding its servers with connections of 25 or more. Still annoying as hell. Anyone know why this is?
#2 - J@tko
Are you on wireless interwebz?

EDIT: And what servers? FOX Junkies?
With BT as well as all other UK ISP's providing ADSL through BT's equipment, and unless you phone BT and specifically ask them to take you off the "auto-test" list, your ADSL will be interupted on avarage once a day (this is automated by a computer and tests all UK landlines) normally it will be when you are asleep, but you never know.

Also have you checked your cables and possibly your router/modem may be overheating?
Sometimes a new filter(Z-blocker) can fix this type of problem, also if you can disconnect all your phone equipment and just plug the router/modem into the "test socket" at your master, if this cures your prob, then internal interference might be your prob.

Just some things to try.

Good luck

SD.

PS is that the teenage heartthrob Demi Tomato in your avatar J@tko?
#4 - J@tko

Lost Connection to Host
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG