The online racing simulator
#1 - Eiw
will there be a mac version for lfs?
i found the lastest topic asking for mac version was in 2006,

few years have past since then, and will there be a mac version for lfs now?

sorry if the work would be very complex and take too much time, I'd rather persuade my friend use the current version,tho he needs to change to another systerm while playing lfs
No.
Quote from AndroidXP :No.

A slightly more helpful answer is that you really don't need a Mac Client anymore with all of the virtualizations that are going on. You can play LFS in Linux with a virtual Windows 7 box using native DirectX functions!

The computer world is fun again!
You can play LFS in Mac just fine through VMWare, Parallels, or Crossover.

Yeah, no native versions, but all 3 solutions work.
What Dawe tell.

I have no experience with this programs, and when talking about mac it's usually just info I'v heared from a dude who knows a dude who might now a dude with mac so.. .. Well either way, there are a lot of windows emulating programs for mac right? Those programs (as dawe tells) will let you run LFS on a mac.

Therfor, since it's allready possible to run LFS on mac, I hope the devs use their time on other development parts of the game, instead of using time on mac support.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :You can play LFS in Mac just fine through VMWare, Parallels, or Crossover.

Yeah, no native versions, but all 3 solutions work.

vmware sucks, crossover sucked too but not as bad.

core 2 quad, 9600GT

Wine 1.1.31 or w/e i have atm works okay, still has same speed/slow downs as my freebsd 7.2 8500GT system with dual core amd cpu.... sooo
I find no issue with Crossover. I still refuse to use it as my main LFS place (that's what Windows is for), but it's adequate. This is on a 2.16 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 128mb x1600M iMac. Same thing but a bit faster on my Macbook Pro (2.4GHz, 4 GB RAM, 256mb 8600GT M)

Also, the Snow Leopard native version of Crossover should be out soon, with improvements to make it run well.
Also, isn't there tools to use multiple operative systems on a computer?
VMWare and Parallels. Crossover/Wine provides a compatibility layer, converting WinAPI things into native things for the desired platform. Works pretty good in most cases.
I haven't heard of these things... I just use bootcamp and it works fine! Are there better features of these other ways of doing it though? Or does it work any better?

Quote from dawesdust_12 :Crossover/Wine provides a compatibility layer, converting WinAPI things into native things for the desired platform.

This sounds like a good thing... but I have no idea what it means haha.
Mike, The whole Crossover/VMWare/Parallels are slower, but enable you to do LFS without rebooting into Windows from MacOS. Honestly, they're playable, but in no way desirable speed wise.
Parallels 5.0
I have been running LFS in a Parallels 5.0 virtual machine for about a month. Seems to do alright. But I am running into some problems where running the FBM cars the frame rates get down to about 10 fps and makes it undriveable. Any virtual machine experts out there have any hints or tweaks to LFS options to make the frame rates above 50 FPS?

iMac Late 2008, Snow Leopard, 2 GB, 2.8Ghz Core 2 Duo
Parallels 5.0, WIndows XP SP3
Virtual machines are pretty slow for performance. Parallels is kinda behind as well for D3D. VMWare would be worth a try, but best.. get it working in Wine (unlikely with SL yet, as X11 needs to get updated). Crossover hasn't yet been updated for SL (they're working on it).
I got LFS running on Wine perfectly...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG