The online racing simulator
Interchangable Parts
(42 posts, started )
Quote from lalathegreat :unless your a suspension guru this game isn't fair i dont see wat the difference is

Being a good driver and a suspension guru go hand in hand.

Being able to game the system and tweak stats (power, weight, overall tire grip) is fundamentally different. The precision you are allowed in changing those stats is irrelevent.

The constant pursuit of a technological edge may exist in real life, but generally the person with the most money wins in that aspect. In sim-racing, that changes to the person with the most time available for testing. Suspension tuning requires enough testing as it is, and you want to throw overall performance testing on top of that?

We have the opportunity to ensure everyone is driving essentially the same car (suspension balance preferences aside), resulting in the utmost in fairness. Why throw that away?
I always read this thread as 'Interchangable pants'

That is all.
I think that interchangable parts would be too complicated to incorporate into the sim now, (even if you do ignore the aforementioned "copy the best setup" route that everyone will eventually take). However, you seem genuinely passionate about this idea Vortes, so why not have a go at producing your own simulator with interchangeable parts incorporated from the outset? It won't be easy and you'd need to be very dedicated, but you'd only need to produce a couple of cars for a start and one or two tracks to test the idea. Heck, if you do go for it then I'd be willing to be an alpha tester for you once you got that far.
Well, I like LFS the way it already is, but LFS with modifiable parts would be interesting. You don't always have to make street racers; you can still make club racers and race inspired cars.
no matter how many of these RICE/GT/new people inspired threads are made people allways have to voice their crap of why it is or isent a bad thing.......

im all for adding more content to the game but at what price...... if you really want to play with modding cars in a game play STREET LEGAL. Its awesome fun to spend 4 hours building the car getting everything just right and then getting seriously depressed that you wasted 4 hours to drive a game that handles like your driving a Reliant Robbin or maybe a couch with wheels.

I play LFS to race and have fun ... hell i dont even edit sets cause all i want to do is DRIVE! I play RBR to rally on the dirt! I play with my real car when i want to change things and clean it (or as a previous susjestion change the OIL) I DO NOT want to sit in the pits for hours changing parts getting the right ammount of power out of the car with the right AF ratio's with the right cam timing to finaly join the race and everyone has changed cars... or everyone has a better combo then me

LFS is and will allways be a DRIVING simulator

PS my First Rant of the month
To be honest, I cant even be fussed about the suspension setups, I usually try someone elses and see if it fits me.

Whats the point in messing with every bloody detail when you could easily be spending that time racing (which is essentially what I want to do in the first place).
Quote from titanLS :Everyone would just pick the best options and we'd be back to square one... an even playing field.

These requests are like that Family Guy where Stewie is playing Pictionary or whatever, and the guy keeps screaming "Jackal?, Jackal?, Jackal?, it's a Jackal? Jackal?" If it wasn't right the first time why would it be right the next ten times?

-1 to mods.

LOL
Couldn't be bothered to readdthe whole thread, but why not stages. like stage1, stage2 and stage3. Would make just 3 versions of the same car but each one with slightly better BHP and brakes as far as they aren't already to good to handle . Server could select them as different cars.
Quote from IKke5165 :Couldn't be bothered to readdthe whole thread, but why not stages. like stage1, stage2 and stage3. Would make just 3 versions of the same car but each one with slightly better BHP and brakes as far as they aren't already to good to handle . Server could select them as different cars.

Yeah! We could have a standard, road going XRG, then maybe a more powerful one with a turbo, (maybe an understated bodykit too), and at the top-end have a proper GT-spec one.

We could call them the XRG, XRT and XRR.
it would be nice only interchangable rims...

and differente sizes:

13" for uFF , XFG, XRG

15", 17"inch wheels

etc,e tc,
Interchangable detachable pe...
For everyone who would like to change the engine specs, just use tweak. It's obvious that this being a compulsory feature of LFS would never work out.
how about something like SLRR where you have to build the engine from scratch?
Quote from Neto_r :
13" for uFF , XFG, XRG

13"? Do you know which size are these wheels? Citroen C4 has stock 17"... You're outta your mind.
If UF1 is like Austin Morris Mni Cooper it have 10inch rims.....and UFR, Mini Couper SS have 13inch usally Minilite ones...
Quote from SouvlakiTheBest :If UF1 is like Austin Morris Mni Cooper it have 10inch rims.....and UFR, Mini Couper SS have 13inch usally Minilite ones...

I think it's O.K. for UF.. I saw it only in garage on small pic. I'm DEMO. But XFG is made on example of Citroen Saxo, Opel Astra.... They have at least 15" rims.
LOL I don't know its not my car...... I am demo to but there is a list of comparison for LFS cars with real life ones..... So i assume....But i agree XFG might have 15inch wheels

Interchangable Parts
(42 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG