The online racing simulator
#1 - xtian
change second car position on autocross layout ?
Hi racers and geeks. :P

I just created a ROC-style layout using a 8 figure rather than ramps and jumps (too much damage, the layout makes car 1 cross the end of car 2 track at the beginning of car one's lap to minimumze the collision riskes) for liveforspeed.be.

BUT, as I place the green arrow to define the starting position, car 1 do indeed start on the green arrow, but car n° 2 still appear at the other side of the track, on the side of the layout.
Is there a possibility to assign a position for car n° 2 ?

well, i guess there is but is there a possibility that someone might enlight me on the subject.

thank you already for your help.
X
The layout editor only allows you to use the default starting grid of the track or to define one start point.
#3 - xtian
Quote from Whiskey :The layout editor only allows you to use the default starting grid of the track or to define one start point.

still, I have seen ROC track that can be used with two cars.
does that mean that those layout use the original defaut starting grid?
how can I locate and revert to the original starting grid without having to do my whole layout again ?
Quote from xtian :how can I locate and revert to the original starting grid without having to do my whole layout again ?
  1. Delete the start
    • save and reload the layout or
    • restart the race
  2. leave the pits; assuming you're alone on the server or in single player, you're now on the first grid position.
#5 - xtian
thanks.
I just made a whole new layout from scratch, using what I believe to be the default positon.
still have to try it with a second car to see where the second car will appear.
i'll post the layout if I manage to get it to work :/
#6 - Zalex
Quote from xtian :thanks.
I just made a whole new layout from scratch, using what I believe to be the default positon.
still have to try it with a second car to see where the second car will appear.
i'll post the layout if I manage to get it to work :/

Keep me in touch with that, I think I got this working before on our Rs4 MRT server but it's buged again, we now need (again) to wait till green light, move a bit, others wait one by one to join in parking lot, get placed on grid then we type GO to start the race... a bit anoying !

I dont remember having changed anything. Might be related to newest patches z25 & z28.

If you have dedicated server for your layout i'll be glad to help you out joining in, just post the name here.

You can test mine there: Rs4 MRT

BTW, I made it based on SRA Karting track (St-Roch de l'Achigan, Québec, Canada) the best one I tried yet.
Put 50% intake restriction and you get the feeling and fun of standard karts.
BEWARE, the curve before the long stretch is deadly !
Just like the real one...
#7 - xtian
our server is liveforspeed.be but is generally set to our next sunday's combo as we're having open races every sunday night...

Still had no time to test the new layout with two cars.
another way around it would be to place the green arrow next to the second car's position, even if that is on the far side of the layout.
#8 - xtian
#9 - Zalex
Quote from xtian :it worked

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4mkxyDn1Qo

So... if you are more than one and you vote for restart, it work ?
No one get spectated ??? Does it work if you are 3 or 4 on start ?

I see you dont use green arrow ( I dont either) and you start in front of finish line.

I'll test this.

Thanks for the post.
we tested the restart with 2 cars and it worked. We did not test it with more than 2 cars as it is destined to be an elimination race à la Race Of Champions.
I did not use the green arrow to keep the original starting position and make sure that car 2 two is correctly positionned from car 1, and I placed the finish line slightly before the starting line so you can still rush full speed to the finish and not get a penalty fro crashing into something just after finishing the race becasue the right lane is very short. I am still undecided if it must be oriented to shorten any of the two lane to match the fact that car n°2 is silghtly behind car n°1 at the start. I tried to figure that one out but my brain ended blowing a fuse. during the test, car n°1 and 2 won the race alternatively.
intermediate Crossing lines were a problem too because both cars have to pass them in the right direction on both laps althought still riding different courses, otherwise the lap will not be considered completed, or you will get a penalty for driving in the wrong direction... the reason why I place only one mandatory.

thanks for the help
indeed. but the initial layout had the start situated at another place to minimize the chances of collison. the reason why I asked.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG