The online racing simulator
GM now closes...
(75 posts, started )
Quote from brt900 :

Epic Win.

Epic Loss.
Quote from flymike91 :I have to swallow some of my words from before. I sat in a 2010 buick lacrosse yesterday. The interior was the best I've seen in any american car including the ford taurus. It was even as good as my friend's mercedes and certainly more ergonomic. I guess they've decided to tackle their biggest criticisms head on. All in all it was a very satisfying car, too bad no one will buy it.

no wonder it was great... its from the future after all
#56 - 5haz
Aparrently Koenigsegg are going to buy Saab.

Obviously this is just rumours at the moment, and to me it sounds a bit daft.

Perhaps they might introduce some of their engines into the Saab line. :rolleyes:
Quote from 5haz :Aparrently Koenigsegg are going to buy Saab.

Obviously this is just rumours at the moment, and to me it sounds a bit daft.

Perhaps they might introduce some of their engines into the Saab range. :rolleyes:

Yes they wanted to but it was cancelled again, i believe.

Spyker will buy it.
What about Scania who make the lorries as that was owned by Saab?
Quote from flymike91 :I think they should axe everything but Chevy and Cadillac. When they become solvent again they could reintroduce Pontiac but they are incapable of success with any other brands. I'm speaking only of the north american market I don't know much about what they do in EU and AUS.

All these failures by GM only make Ford look even better. Ford is really kicking ass and it all started with them refusing government bailouts. I know a lot of people actually were influenced to take a second look and buy a ford just for that reason. Half of the new cars I see on the street are ford fusions or focus and I know from driving a fusion that it is a solid, relevant, fun car that is more than enough competition for Camry and accord. I went to their dealership recently and was impressed with every car in their lineup. The only GM car that means anything is the camaro.

The Camaro means nothing. Its a hype machine right now but that will die off in a couple years tops. If I'd have to pick GM's most important car right now, it would probably be the Malibu, a car for the masses that actually stacks up against the competition, unlike GM cars a couple years ago. The Equinoxes have been getting good reviews as well.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Haha. Don't be so silly.

Vauxhalls are bloody crap. The Zafira, Astra and Insignias are not great cars. There awful cars. The interiors are cheap and tacky, and they all (Yes all. I have driven all 3 you have mentioned) handle like crap. There no where near there rivals.

Also, i think you mean Mondeo ST200. The Cougar ST200 was never put into production.

LMAO I beg to differ

here the link that say other wise. http://www.drivingenthusiast.n ... /cougar-st200/default.htm

The reason why i know they have been built is because I have a family member who lives in GB and owns a a Cougar ST200.
Quote from UncleBenny :The Camaro means nothing. Its a hype machine right now but that will die off in a couple years tops. If I'd have to pick GM's most important car right now, it would probably be the Malibu, a car for the masses that actually stacks up against the competition, unlike GM cars a couple years ago. The Equinoxes have been getting good reviews as well.

Technically, Cadillacs have been pretty much good cars for the past few years. Problem is, they don't really help GM's image of over consumption and stuff at all. I think GM is coming on, maybe a few months after Ford, but I do see their cars going for the better. To me, Chrysler is the one that'll fail. They haven't understood yet.

I'd say a lot of GM cars have been unfairly judged for things they were not, in the past few years. Yes, they were crap, but a lot of them were not beasts of fuel, and ecological aberrations, which is something that GM has been 'known for'. Call it generalization.

A lot of GM's new TV ads push on the fact that most of their cars are the classes most fuel efficient (at least I assume it's fact as they put it in their ads). Besides they're not ugly cars. To me, the big problem with GM cars of the past 15 years (or more, that's just what I can recall) was quality. They were crappy, cheap cars, intended to be loaned for 3 or 4 years, then sent to the junkyard. Sure, they'd more or less work for this timespan, but they would do their job as you'd expect something that'll break after 4 years to.
-
(Nathan_French_14) DELETED by Nathan_French_14
Quote from johnnylightning :LMAO I beg to differ

here the link that say other wise. http://www.drivingenthusiast.n ... /cougar-st200/default.htm

The reason why i know they have been built is because I have a family member who lives in GB and owns a a Cougar ST200.

Hmm, my post went away.

Anyway, your full of bullshit.

That link you posted is an old statement from ford BEFORE they pulled out of making it. The only way you could make a normal Ford Cougar upto a Mondeo ST200 standard was to fit the ST200 Throttle Body, Air Intake Manifold and Cam & Valves (The Mondeo ST200 is basically a Contour SVT. Just a slightly different rear end.).

Wiki Link. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F ... gar_uk#Seventh_generation

Quote from Wiki :A high-performance Cougar S (not to be confused with the concept) was discussed in the press, which was essentially a Cougar with a Contour SVT engine; however, this version never made it into production. The Cougar S was so close to production however that many of its parts are still available to order from the dealership. It is listed in many parts catalogs and insurance databases. It was also to be sold in Europe as the Ford Cougar ST200.

Notice how the car came with just a 2.0L Zetec, and a 2.5 V6 putting out just 170hp, not 200hp like the ST200.

So yeah, to sum up, your bullshitting. Your relative in the UK may own a Cougar, but he doesn't own a Cougar ST200. Feel free to post up some pictures though...Oh wait, you won't have any.
Gentlemen, choose your weapons!
Quote from flymike91 :All these failures by GM only make Ford look even better. Ford is really kicking ass and it all started with them refusing government bailouts. I know a lot of people actually were influenced to take a second look and buy a ford just for that reason. Half of the new cars I see on the street are ford fusions or focus and I know from driving a fusion that it is a solid, relevant, fun car that is more than enough competition for Camry and accord. I went to their dealership recently and was impressed with every car in their lineup. The only GM car that means anything is the camaro.

What amazes me is that Ford have built some AMAZING cars released in the UK, basically all the Rally offsprings, yet NONE of these seem to have made it to the US... madness. Subaru and Mitsubishi made some great sales with their WRC based cars and I can't believe Ford never got in on the act.
Quote from Gills4life :Gentlemen, choose your weapons!

*Little Britain Guy* I WUNT THA WUN *Little Britain Guy*
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :I would love to know where you have seen a Cougar ST200, as they were never put into production AT ALL.

I seriously doubt you have seen more than one, let alone one on the public roads.

And yes, the Insignia is an improvement over the previous Vectra, but it is nowhere near as good as it's rivals in terms of driving enjoyment and general quality.

Sorry, the car I was talking about was a Cougar with a ST200 engine in it. My dad's fault for not giving enough detail about the car he wanted to buy. I am still pretty sure that this guy isn't a liar - http://www.aboutmycar.com/stor ... -car-ford-cougar-1092.htm
Quote from shaun463 :Sorry, the car I was talking about was a Cougar with a ST200 engine in it. My dad's fault for not giving enough detail about the car he wanted to buy. I am still pretty sure that this guy isn't a liar - http://www.aboutmycar.com/stor ... -car-ford-cougar-1092.htm

I know your only a child, but do you not understand what i am saying? The ST200 Cougar was NEVER, EVER put into production. The guy in the link you posted above has probably been misinformed about his car, just like you was about your dads.

Anyway, I am done with this discussion now. It's meant to be about GM and there other factors, not Fords. I have taken it off topic enough.
Quote from yeager :What amazes me is that Ford have built some AMAZING cars released in the UK, basically all the Rally offsprings, yet NONE of these seem to have made it to the US... madness. Subaru and Mitsubishi made some great sales with their WRC based cars and I can't believe Ford never got in on the act.

I never really understood that either, I guess the Ford guys know something we don't? The Focus RS looked like a pretty cool car. I see plenty of VW GTI's rolling around here, I'd think the AWD of the Focus would be even more attractive with all the snow we get up here in the north.
the Focus RS isnt AWD, its FWD.
#70 - Jakg
That's quite sad, SAAB was my favourite make.
#73 - STF
Not related to GM and SAAB, but what do you guys think about this one?

Would you prefer a similar thing happen to Saab ?
Quote from STF :Not related to GM and SAAB, but what do you guys think about this one?

idiotic.
So that's what a chinese car looks like.

GM now closes...
(75 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG