The online racing simulator
Graphics bug, after z28 uprage.
(8 posts, started )
So as in the topic. I patched my LFS from Z25 to Z28, and now I have problems. When I play more than half hour, then it gets something like this on the screen...

well, here you got .rar with more shots..

http://ul.to/q98aoa

And.. My specification is:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+

2.0 GB RAM

Microsoft Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 2)

Video Card: Asus EAX1550 Radeon X1550 512MB DDR2

There is another bug in RAC. There are new clocks in it. And they are buged in outside view. Look at SS:

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/1679/clockss.jpg
Has nothing to do with Z28 - that's your graphics card overheating. Try dusting it off and make sure your PC gets enough air circulation going to keep it from getting too hot.
Im sure that my graphics card is not overheating. I installed extra fan in front of it, and temperature is ok (I have 18°C inside computer). And nothings happen in other games. I play Wolfenstein et, and World racing 2 too on full details and 1280x960, and everything is ok. And the card is almost cold too, in LFS and in this other games same. Interesting are the messages when this happens. "Cant open helmet... sth sth." You can see them on SS's (lfs_00000222.jpg in .rar) And that graphics issues happens only to the cars, and only to the cars that joined server when the bug is "started". My car and other cars that was loaded before, are ok.
Then maybe it's your memory that gets corrupted. Sorry but Z28 works for pretty much everyone else, and the screenshots you posted show the telltale signs of vertex data corruption usually caused by GFX card overheating. I had the same happen to me back when I still had the stock cooler for my 6600GT.

Also 18°C inside your computer? Must be really cold in your room. Or the temp sensors are broken.
Temp sensors are good... Its cold near floor. I live in mountains and... whatever its winter and its cold And I reinstaled Z25, then I did restart my computer. And now Im afrer 2 hours of playing LFS. Guess what ? No problem anymore.. But its on Z25 as I said... Im pretty afraid about install Z28 again :sorry:
Well, I guess something this "extensive" changelist
Quote :Changes from Z25 to Z28 :

Reduced minimum view height in SHIFT+U mode
Reduced minimum speed in SHIFT+U mode to 0.1 m/s
Multiple host passwords are now stored (Join Specific Host screen)
Added support for lfs:// (start LFS with command line from web page)
FIX : Could not join S1 or S2 host after unlocking in Multiplayer screen
FIX : Clicking SPR / MPR did not work with "Load track when starting"
FIX : Two or more dedicated hosts could be started with same port
FIX : It was possible to reset the car while a vote was in progress
FIX : Help buttons sometimes translated after returning to English

must've broken it just for your PC
Well. Its repaired for now.. so thank you for help. And I dont really know what made my LFS broken, but I hope that next patch will work as fine as Z25 is ...for me

But... Was RAC bug reported ?

(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG