christmas number 1 2010
(33 posts, started )
Fairy Tale of New York is definitely one of the best Xmas songs ever written. There's only a couple of others I like, like "Let It Snow"(x3) and Christina Aguilera's version of "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas". Most of the others make me want to vomit

Anyone mentions Cliff bloody Richard and they get pushed off a cliff
Quote from Dajmin :

Anyone mentions Cliff bloody Richard and they get pushed off a cliff

Saviours Day and Mistletoe and Wine, you can't beat 'em. Also Queen - Thank God it's Christmas.
Quote from zeugnimod :The difference is that RATM actually is a good band and "deserves" the #1.

I wouldn't say that.
But it deserves it more than Rick Astley does.
Quote from Dajmin :You asked for it!

But Cliff if a legennnnndddddd *plummets to earth*
#32 - 5haz
Quote from BlueFlame :But Cliff if a legennnnndddddd *plummets to earth*

No, he really isn't. :doh:

Infact, I can't think of a single christmas song I like, although Fairytale of New York gets closest.
Rick Astley is OLD MEME and stopped being funny ages ago. While we're at it let's have that 'Still Alive' song from Portal so berks with no imagination can shout 'T3h c4k3 15 4 l13!!!!1111' at each other on the internet for the next 15 years....

The only way to do it again with any dignity is to do it better, and the only way that can happen is to do it with something so repellant to the public tastes (Hammer-smashed Face by Cannibal Corpse or something) that the majority of people that hear it would have a job telling it was music at all. And a song like that will never get enough sales to do it. The only way it worked with RATM is that, for all it's much-vaulted 'edginess' it's still a very, very mainstream metal song.

Better to let it lie now.

christmas number 1 2010
(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG