The online racing simulator
Formula SAE Cup ( FSAE Cup )
(5 posts, started )
#1 - Calum
Been thinking about it the last 2 days now ( which i know probably isnt enough to warrant a post , but ... ) ...

Basically , there hasnt been much happening with the MRT5 for a while now in LFS as far as competition is concerned , and I do find people in S2 every so often doing races in the MRT ( had the pleasure of racing in them the last 3 days , you know who you are ) So i think there could be some interest , even if its just to get a small competition going.

It would be an Event type thing lasting 2-3 months , with one race each week or 1 and a half weeks or whatever.

I like the idea of keeping the Formula side , and so , each week , drivers could practice for the upcoming track , making adjustments and such to best suit that course , then on race day , we go through the qualifying and race , then we move on , new track for next week , and so at some point during the week , its in the driver's best interest to test out and adjust for the race weekend.

I have 8 tracks that I believe best put the MRT and driver through challenging courses , and so , 8 tracks , one track a week ( or 1 and a half weeeks ) would equal it about 2-3 months in duration.

I think around about 10-20 drivers would probably best suit this , as that keeps competition relatively close , as well as not causing havoc on some of the tracks.

Feel free to jump in with thoughts please , and ... I have not done / organized anything like this before , but do like the idea

Thanks

Calum
#2 - th84
We are working on something similar now. I think we talked about it. Its only in the beginning stages now, but hopefully by this time next month we will start the signup's. We already have a site(not even close to finished) and are working on schedules (we are shooting for 10-12 races), rules and a point system. The mrt is a really fun car to drive and its sad that more people dont use them

if u wanna check out the site (and keep checking back for updates) you can see it at www.mrt5.net. Here soon i hope we will start a new topic in our public section of our forum for input from nice fellas such as yourself
#3 - Calum
:)
Yeah , this could be an Event thing or such ? to go with the league ( which i meant to put a plug in the first post for )

I know the MRT thing being worked on a is a league , so was just thinking of something similar ... but different

I know I should be waiting , but I am just enjoying the MRT alot , and cant wiat for competition to start up

Thanks

Calum
#4 - th84
Feel free to express your ideas, its not to late to add some things if wanted. Im not sure where your ideas are diffrent from ours

Sign up for our forums, im sure we will have a thread started soon about it, (we already have a pretty large thread in our private section) where you can add your ideas or thoughts. Or, if you wanna do something diffrent, let me know, id be glad to help out!!

I'm on just about every night (diffrent time zones ) feel free to join me for some more mrt racing
#5 - Calum
:)
Thanks m8

I didnt see the forums for the MRT.net thing ? unless you mean the [NOOBS] forums ?

yeah i'll definately wait for and participate in the MRT League when done , and hope to see you on tonite , I can do the South City Classic track now also

Calum

(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG